Quick history to prove a point.

I am a BlackBerry fan through and through... Yes, look at my dismal post count.... my join date (not too long ago) and you may not realize that. The truth is I just rarely comment/post... and never had a want/need to until recently... and even now I still rarely venture out into the comment box. Ive been using BB's for a solid 7 years, (longer than some, shorter than more Im sure). Before my venture to BB, I had a nokia brick of a phone with US Cellular, a few motorola nextel phones (including my Bright Orange Number 20 Tony Stewart NASCAR flip phone that went through... god so much) with Sprint before moving to my first BB (w/ Sprint) My history (sometimes overlapping previous phones and other BB's from work) follows Pearl 8130, Curve 8350, 8530, 9330, and then finally the Z10 (on TMO). (yeah missed OS7 on pure stupidity [aka contract issues], but yeah, heard it was... you know... cool).

I have never before wanted another phone (except the Bold 9930...) and never cared about missing features, accessories, etc... UNTIL NOW.

If you havent seen the new Samsung S View Flip Cover Case for the S4... go look it up... Ill wait...

Good? Yeah, I want that. On my Z10... like... bad. I have the BB Flip Shell Case now and love the thing... but seriously... the little window thing would be super awesome. So here I am... complaining for the first time about another phones feature/accessory... So, tell me CB nation/ Team BB... who else would like one of these for the Z10?

~Red.
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-26-13 11:36 AM
    I have seen it a few days ago and it is a nice phone with some very cool features.
    Before you become too envious, think how much you will use those cool features.
    Best thing to do always is to get the phone that suits you and moves your heart.
    04-26-13 11:40 AM
    That is pretty dope.
    04-26-13 11:45 AM
    Here is one for the Z10. You can answer the phone with the case closed.
    BLACKBERRY Z10 BLACK SUPER SLIM SMART WALLET FLIP CASE STAND & CALLER ID WINDOW | eBay
    04-26-13 11:46 AM
    I think he is talking about the CASE not the S4.
    04-26-13 11:46 AM
    Hah, That is pretty cool. May want to get one of those. Although i found flip case to be akward when tryign to use the full screen.
    BLACKBERRY Z10 BLACK SUPER SLIM SMART WALLET FLIP CASE STAND & CALLER ID WINDOW | eBay
    04-26-13 11:48 AM
    That looks amazing. I'll give you that, but doesnt that mean the display is on all the time? Or that I have to pull it out and turn the screen on anyway?
    04-26-13 11:51 AM
    ehhhhh...it's cool little accessory, but doesn't appear to offer much protection from drops. i'll pass
    04-26-13 11:53 AM
    now THAT looks great! but again...how effective is it from scarring the phone when you drop it?
    04-26-13 11:55 AM
    LOL, just provide a link will ya or not a lot of people will bother

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/24...for-galaxy-s4/

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content...52-650x432.jpg

Now that that's out of the way. Let me give you a bit of experience with that type of case.

I bought my wife the S3 and got her the older model case to go with it, basically it's the same case without that large display opening.

-it is very awkward to handle the phone with that case and cover, even with two hands, my wife is about to rip it off and throw it out the window.

- the cover is attached to the case so it has this flap to the left side that makes holding the phone to talk even more awkward. Feels like It's always going to slip out of my hand.

- it's been 6 months since I bought that case for her and the side of the case is already flying apart.

But yes, the window cutout is a cool idea. And yes, she prefers this type of cover then a screen protector.

Some pictures, if you are thinking about getting this case and wanting to know how it works when the cover is uncovered. It also doesn't help that they have made the back of the cover with a felt material (the other side is just as slippery, it's like they did it on purpose for rain to glide off?), great for the screen, but is very slippery when flipped to the other side for talking, be careful.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 155296

Attachment 155297

Attachment 155298

Attachment 155300
    Last edited by Young Z; 04-26-13 at 01:06 PM.
    04-26-13 11:56 AM
    Meh. Would defeat the purpose of the peek gesture.

Posted via CB10
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    04-26-13 11:56 AM
    It does have some pretty cool functionality. Nice to see products like this from Samsung that demonstrate innovation since the company is often accused of just copying others. Specifically, though, I'm wary of cases that replace the battery cover. Also, I don't like the way the cover resets somewhat flopped open--especially since that hinge doesn't seem very rigid. But anyway, it's cool though given the questionable longevity of the build quality, I'm not sure it's worth the price.
    04-26-13 12:03 PM
    It is a nice idea to get get a glimpse of what is going on, but as vgorous said, it would defeat the purpose of the peek gesture.
    04-26-13 12:06 PM
    Meh. Would defeat the purpose of the peek gesture.

Posted via CB10
    What if it has an opening at notification icons and the clock. Like an upside-down "L"? That I would go for without hesitation.
    04-26-13 12:06 PM
    In the product preview pic (right) its odd that the time display is in the middle of the screen. is this something that can be changed? Mine appears at the top with calendar events below....Either way I agree this defeats the purpose of the peek gesture.
    04-26-13 12:19 PM
    It looks nice but I am happy with the blackberry flip case which looks good and also offers full proctection.
    04-26-13 12:26 PM
    In the product preview pic (right) its odd that the time display is in the middle of the screen. is this something that can be changed? Mine appears at the top with calendar events below....Either way I agree this defeats the purpose of the peek gesture.
    The caller appears there, dunno how to get the clock there though?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:40 PM
    I don't see what's so cool about it. It's just a regular flip case with a square cut in it for 4 times the price. Just go buy a cheap one on ebay and cut a whole in it.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-26-13 12:44 PM
    That looks amazing. I'll give you that, but doesnt that mean the display is on all the time? Or that I have to pull it out and turn the screen on anyway?
    no there's a special sensor and the little window shows its own custom window.
    04-26-13 01:06 PM
    no thank you, I like swiping up to wake my device. #nocase
    04-26-13 01:43 PM
    While not exactly as this one, I did buy the flip case for my Note II before I left the store. It looked pretty cool and the thought of keeping that big slab of glass covered was appealing. Fast forward a couple of weeks... that flap was ALWAYS in the way and made holding the phone awkward and cumbersome. Trying to juggle the flap and take a picture with the camera was even more so. And you could talk with the flap closed but it just felt weird. I realized this was not the case for me and ordered a clear pop-on case that was around $10 which is much more serviceable for my needs. I think we are always in search of the "perfect" case!
    04-26-13 02:31 PM
    Case looks super annoying. Nice, but I feel typing and whatnot would be annoying with it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-26-13 02:39 PM
    Quick history to prove a point.

I am a BlackBerry fan through and through... Yes, look at my dismal post count.... my join date (not too long ago) and you may not realize that. The truth is I just rarely comment/post... and never had a want/need to until recently... and even now I still rarely venture out into the comment box. Ive been using BB's for a solid 7 years, (longer than some, shorter than more Im sure). Before my venture to BB, I had a nokia brick of a phone with US Cellular, a few motorola nextel phones (including my Bright Orange Number 20 Tony Stewart NASCAR flip phone that went through... god so much) with Sprint before moving to my first BB (w/ Sprint) My history (sometimes overlapping previous phones and other BB's from work) follows Pearl 8130, Curve 8350, 8530, 9330, and then finally the Z10 (on TMO). (yeah missed OS7 on pure stupidity [aka contract issues], but yeah, heard it was... you know... cool).

I have never before wanted another phone (except the Bold 9930...) and never cared about missing features, accessories, etc... UNTIL NOW.

If you havent seen the new Samsung S View Flip Cover Case for the S4... go look it up... Ill wait...

Good? Yeah, I want that. On my Z10... like... bad. I have the BB Flip Shell Case now and love the thing... but seriously... the little window thing would be super awesome. So here I am... complaining for the first time about another phones feature/accessory... So, tell me CB nation/ Team BB... who else would like one of these for the Z10?

~Red.
    So you never come on here... and only come on for special reasons? Yet you post on a flip case that's a 7/10 with a feature to see partial screen. I do admit it's a nice case, but hardly worth wasting your few posts a year on, haha. Nice case, nothing too exciting though.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    04-26-13 06:09 PM