So, yesterday I received my z10 that I won in the Crackberry Mind Blowing contest. (Thanks again guys!) I've been a long time blackberry guy. I've had the 8100, 8310, 8520, 9700, 9800, 9900 and now the z10. I've followed everything on the z10 (bb 10), watched all the videos, read every bit of info that crackberry had to offer. But as much research as i did, when i first powered up the phone, I was lost. Its a whole different experience. It took me just a couple minutes to get used to the gestures, navigation, and after that, whether it was different or not, I felt like I knew the phone well enough to know what I was doing. Blackberry is just comfortable to use. The keyboard again took me a little getting used to, simply because I found myself second guessing that i was typing correctly. I tend to type out full words and don't use the 'swipe' as much as i should, but that is a cool feature. I tested a couple pictures, camera works great. Time shift is a great feature when you need it. Haven't tested the video recording yet. I set the browser as web default since I dont like mobile sites in general. Love the browser. It's fast, flows well, literally like a mini computer. I did have some issues restoring my data, as I had already sold my 9900 before getting the z10, but i was able to restore a backup i had done from my 9900 last month, so my contacts, memos, etc all transferred perfectly after I found the option in Blackberry Link. A lot of people/trolls are complaining about the lack of apps, but me personally, I look in app world and have no idea where to start. Well I did start with the Crackberry app of course, but after that, I don't see what the complaints are about. What I absolutely loved was walking into my AT&T store (had to get a micro sim for the phone). There was no advertising for the phone, but it was placed next to the 9900 where its always been. But what was great was the employees, about 10 of them swarmed me to check out the phone and kept talking about how fast it was, how great the keyboard is, how cool the z10 was. This was the first time I've ever went to buy a Blackberry and not had a store employee ask me "Why do you like Blackberry?" or "why don't you get an android or an iphone?" Bottom line is, since I know this is a long post.... I frickin love this phone.
    03-28-13 03:41 PM
    Woot congrats and enjoy your crackberry Z10 =)

Posted via CB10
    jwhitley80 likes this.
    03-28-13 03:45 PM
    Just got mine this morning. It's certainly different! I'm loving it though. In time all will be right and good. For now, it's learning curve time.

Posted via CB10
    knighty2112 likes this.
    03-28-13 03:51 PM
    Cool!

Whoosh.....!!!!!!!!!! Careful! Z10 in action here!
    jwhitley80 likes this.
    03-28-13 03:56 PM
    Just got mine this morning. It's certainly different! I'm loving it though. In time all will be right and good. For now, it's learning curve time.

Posted via CB10
    yeah its different but in a weird way, feels familiar. maybe its just me. Enjoy I know i am
    03-28-13 04:02 PM
    yeah its different but in a weird way, feels familiar. maybe its just me. Enjoy I know i am
    It's not just you. I felt the same way (and still do) when I started using it. It was somehow familiar, as if I'd used one before. Very natural.
    jwhitley80 likes this.
    03-28-13 04:05 PM
    Well I did it I jumped ship from another carrier JUST for a phone. Not just any phone the Z10. I left sprint and joint big blue. I ended up paying just a little more a month but data is limited, but I was never really a data ** anyways. Within minutes of owning the phone I love it. Setting it up was not easy but not hard and it's freagin fast. I LOVE THIS PHONE. I know apps will be there eventually but the necessary ones I need like banking are there.
    jwhitley80 likes this.
    03-28-13 04:07 PM
    Just got mine today also....love the smooth feeling...i thought the gestures would take some getting used to but after a couple hours not really that hard to learn at all. So far the only thing i have noticed is that i havent figured out how to add my songs as ringtones yet....

One thing i will say is that i am i had android and ios...and right now i am coming from windows phone 8...In Blackberry world, there were more familar apps in Blackberry World than there were in the windows phone 8 store market...like instantly recognizable in my view...
    jwhitley80 likes this.
    03-28-13 04:11 PM
    ... I've had the 8100, 8310, 8520, 9700, 9800, 9900 and now the z10. ... This was the first time I've ever went to buy a Blackberry and not had a store employee ask me "Why do you like Blackberry?" or "why don't you get an android or an iphone?"
    You must be exaggerating a bit here since you likely bought the 8100 before the iPhone or Android phones existed.
    03-28-13 04:16 PM
    Just got mine today also....love the smooth feeling...i thought the gestures would take some getting used to but after a couple hours not really that hard to learn at all. So far the only thing i have noticed is that i havent figured out how to add my songs as ringtones yet....

One thing i will say is that i am i had android and ios...and right now i am coming from windows phone 8...In Blackberry world, there were more familar apps in Blackberry World than there were in the windows phone 8 store market...like instantly recognizable in my view...
    to use your music as ringtones, on the home screen swipe down from top of screen, tap settings, go to notifications. Choose your mode (normal i would assume), make sure sound is set to on. should be already, scroll down and click phone. Under tone will be an option to browse music. not sure how your memory card is set up but you can find your music there. just click on the song you want. Same deal for other sounds... bbm, email, text, etc
    ether813 likes this.
    03-28-13 04:19 PM
    You must be exaggerating a bit here since you likely bought the 8100 before the iPhone or Android phones existed.
    yes, perhaps they didnt say it *every* time. But most of the time.
    03-28-13 04:20 PM
    Fandriods and isheep be hating on the new Blackberry and I go all Drake on them @he!! yeah facking right",,, sit back and watch how this awesome new blackberry will grow. And its doing quite good growing from the big news today
    jwhitley80 likes this.
    03-28-13 04:34 PM
    The very first thing I noticed its lightness lol

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-28-13 06:05 PM
    ENJOY!!

Posted on my sexy Zee10 via the CB app
    03-28-13 06:07 PM