Check this thread out, there are some screenshots of what you're looking for! (post 13)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-audio-769310/
    Thanks Cap. That's exactly what I was looking for. I wish I had 4G. But I can't complain because just recently Verizon bought out the cellular One towers around me so I don't roam anymore. Yaya. And no more driving 25 miles to Verizon network for updating via *228

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:29 AM
    You'll get HD if the carrier supports it. Verizon is launching their voice over lte towards the end of this year so I'd expect a lot of your phone calls to start sounding a lot better.
    06-09-13 12:41 AM
    i notice my z10 on bell always try to initialize the call in HD, though if the other person is not using a newer phone with HD capability then it proceeds as a normal call and I lose the HD icon. Its the carriers attempt to compete against improving VOIP services such as skype, bbm voice. They finally have implemented this and though I do appreciate it I think its too little too late. VOIP will crush the carrier
    06-09-13 01:11 AM
    Interesting. I'll be monitoring my calls for the icon from now on. Thanks.
    06-09-13 02:02 AM
    Interesting. I'll be monitoring my calls for the icon from now on. Thanks.
    Like everyone who has experienced it- When you get an HD call, you WILL know it!
    06-09-13 09:22 AM
    I didn't even know such a thing existed!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:29 AM
    Noticed this about a week ago calling an iPhone 5 colleague from my z10. I know of only the z10 and iPhone 5 currently being HD voice compatible
    Yeah pretty much this Only when i call my iphone 5 buddy that i get HD quality call.Its good but its not as good as BBM voice thats super clear.Must be using Qnx acoustic sytem for that.Its all good though.
    06-09-13 09:32 AM
    Would love to hear the hd quality as the normal quality is absolutely fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:38 AM
    So Verizon doesn't support this yet, but is by the end of the year? What carriers support it now...anyone know?

You'll get HD if the carrier supports it. Verizon is launching their voice over lte towards the end of this year so I'd expect a lot of your phone calls to start sounding a lot better.
    06-09-13 10:51 AM
    Rogers Bell in Canada do, but it's not a carrier supported feature. I had a problem with crackling and had to call Rogers they explained how this HD calling works.

Any of the new phones like the Z10, IPhone 5 or some android hand sets are able to do this. As long as the device can connect to LTE and it's one of those supported devices it will get HD calling as long as you are calling another HD capable device and it is connected to LTE.

This is what they said.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:54 AM
    I get the HD call symbol while in HSPA, don't need LTE for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:57 AM
    I'm on bell and when I call my gf Who owns a z10 also on bell, 90% of the time it's hd. When I call my buddy's z10 on rogers it's hd maybe 30% of the time.

Weird it only does it sometimes, but sounds cool none the less.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:35 AM
    Z10 has amazing reception, both wireless and WIFI. Extremely impressed!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:52 PM
    This is similar to the amazing call quality of a voice call over BBM. Sounds like the other person is literally right next to you and in your ear.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:09 PM
    I have Wind Mobile in Toronto and I've had HD calling for a year or so now. Before my Z10 I had an N9 and it used HD voice.

It doesn't sound particularly better because I'm with Wind.

Both parties have to have it to REALLY make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:21 PM
    I wonder if voice mail supports HD, or customer care, tech support, etc...

It be cool to at least hear that lady robot in the voice mail service in HD.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there a # to call to test it out?

Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    06-09-13 01:26 PM
    Just by chance, my partner called me tonight and he sounded "different"- a LOT different. Crystal clear, I could hear the wind noise in the car, the traffic, truck engines and car horns sounded like I was actually THERE in the car. He noticed the HD icon above my name. I looked and saw it as well. We both have Z10's on T-mobile. We've had our Z10's since launch day in March, this is the first encounter with HD calls. Any others out there experience this- or give me more insight on this technology like why did it happen, will it be a "common" technology soon? Thanks!
    What firmware is installed on your phone?

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    06-09-13 01:59 PM
    I don't think it's over LTE. I noticed that on a HD call... it still falls down to HSPA. to make it "happen", you need to call someone on the same carrier with a HD call compatible phone (iPhone 5, z10 or Q10)

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't need to be same carrier. Works between rogers and telus.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:02 PM
    Great catch op. Just called my wife on her Z10 and the HD icon was there. Never noticed it before but now I want to hear the difference with a non HD call. I'll have to keep an eye on that now. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:53 PM
    Interesting, but just a comment: Clarity is usually equated with filtering of background noise rather than making background transmission more distinct. It's the voice of the sender filtered from the background that is most important to clarity. So I would hope that the background noise would be less distinguishable, not more. Nevertheless, presumptively HD enhances the "total gain" in digital signal transmission--thus u hear more air and horns with the senders voice w/HD.

(Note: I don't believe that given the specs of HD, there's any enhancement in filtering. It simply enhances everything--all sound--across the band.)

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:27 PM
    So the only hardware requirement seems to be LTE?

Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    Can't be, fort Lauderdale doesn't have LTE coverage with tmo.
    06-09-13 03:37 PM
    This got me interested, so did a seach. http://allthingsd.com/20130401/hd-vo...ter-this-year/

This article implies that, for ATT at least, HD calling will in fact be over LTE when it rolls out later this year, perhaps the people thinking the phone is switching over to HSPA is a software limitiation of the phone where the Z doesnt realize how to recognize a call over LTE thus far and the status bar will automatically show HSPA during any call. Purely speculation.

Guess someone could try a speed test while on an HD call?
    06-09-13 03:45 PM
    This got me interested, so did a seach. http://allthingsd.com/20130401/hd-vo...ter-this-year/

This article implies that, for ATT at least, HD calling will in fact be over LTE when it rolls out later this year, perhaps the people thinking the phone is switching over to HSPA is a software limitiation of the phone where the Z doesnt realize how to recognize a call over LTE thus far and the status bar will automatically show HSPA during any call. Purely speculation.

Guess someone could try a speed test while on an HD call?
    Actually to my knowledge, not carrier offer voice over LTE yet. I tried Z10 with bell and it falls back to HSPA during any calls including HD calling. Same with my co-workers S3, my ex-GF iPhone 5. (Telus and Rogers).

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:51 PM
    You dont need.to be on LTE to get HD. Im on 4g only and im getting it with fido in vancouver.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 05:05 PM
    It's a carrier update enabled per device. I've heard of this 2 months ago from T-Mobile. So they have to switch it on for you.

I didn't get my phone from them so I don't know if I should call them and tell them.

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    06-09-13 05:21 PM
78 1234