11-14-11 02:44 PM
    BTW Im sold
    11-14-11 02:52 PM
    Hmm. It looks like a cross between the Porsche designed BB and a Palm OS kinda. I'm not comparing the BBX OS to Palm but that is what it looks like. IMO it is kinda ugly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 03:00 PM
    Did you look at the reviews from the original article?

Most people are loving the look...if this is the real mccoy, it could be the gamechanger RIM desperately needs.

As for me, I love it.
    11-14-11 03:04 PM
    I really like it and it stands out from the millions of Android phones that look almost identical. This can be iconic BlackBerry and it looks like we might be able to use the swipe PlayBook-like gestures.
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    11-14-11 03:07 PM
    I wonder if this is the "rugged" model the carriers denied? That looks a bit too retro to me, maybe its just the two tone. Maybe all black would look better to me. Specs look good, curious about resolution, if it did retain 1024x600.

11-14-11 03:08 PM
    wowwwwwwwwwwww. that's realllllllllllly nice!
    i freaking love it just wish it was eitherf all black or all white or mayb just tone down the silver a lilo bit ...and i would like to see the blackberry branding at the top
    without the silver part, it resembles the playbook.
    11-14-11 03:14 PM
    I actually think I would give up my Bold 9900 for this!
    mjordan5 likes this.
    11-14-11 03:18 PM
    Love it!

Does the screen look curved? Or is it just me?
    11-14-11 03:19 PM
    If they did the silver part into chrome it'd look alot better imo. I'm not a fan of that silver color, which looks the same as the one on the Porsche phone. Otherwise it's not too bad..looks like it could be a 4"+ size screen..which would suit me just fine.
    11-14-11 03:22 PM
    How about a detachable NFC 9900 Keyboard!!! I bet you guys would like that. I like it just the way it is tho. I don't need the keyboard (Storm 1 and 2, soon to be 9850). I'd like to see you guys get some joy outta this Sexy Beast too! GO RIM!!!!

11-14-11 03:23 PM
    Love it!

Does the screen look curved? Or is it just me?
    Just you. Looks pretty flat to me..
    11-14-11 03:23 PM
    Can't be BBX - they've got email, BBM and calendar on there..........
    11-14-11 03:27 PM
    Will I buy it? Of course.
    Will I be happy? No.
    I fear from the size of the bezel and the silvery bits, the heft and dimensions are going to be formidable. The silver is cool but prey cut it back a bit by about a third. Is it hard/expensive to make the silver touch sensitive for the gestures? That way the hideous black bit can be but a nice little strip around the screen and TADA! We have a design master piece that will knock the competion into the middle of the last quarter!
    I must say I love the Blackberry branding style and the rumoured boxy looks sound damn quirky. I don't care how you do it but it has got to be the thinnest Blackberry yet.
    The internals are hardly groundbreaking so this better be out real SOON else it will be (D.O.A) dead on arrival.
    But why are we kidding ourselves? This could just be a Porsche-designed 9850/9860.
    11-14-11 03:38 PM
    I like it. The only bad thing is that it will be forever until its out. I'd be shocked if it came out before the 4th quarter of 2012.
    11-14-11 03:39 PM
    Will I buy it? Of course.
    Will I be happy? No.
    I fear from the size of the bezel and the silvery bits, the heft and dimensions are going to be formidable. The silver is cool but prey cut it back a bit by about a third. Is it hard/expensive to make the silver touch sensitive for the gestures? That way the hideous black bit can be but a nice little strip around the screen and TADA! We have a design master piece that will knock the competion into the middle of the last quarter!
    I must say I love the Blackberry branding style and the rumoured boxy looks sound damn quirky. I don't care how you do it but it has got to be the thinnest Blackberry yet.
    The internals are hardly groundbreaking so this better be out real SOON else it will be (D.O.A) dead on arrival.
    But why are we kidding ourselves? This could just be a Porsche-designed 9850/9860.
    If it is porsche, well, the price will be in the range of the P'9981. But still, I like what I see. I never judge anything.

11-14-11 03:43 PM
    If that thing works like it looks, we have a winner on our hands.

I will stay with the dark fruit.
    11-14-11 03:45 PM
    I like it but June 2012 is late and RIM never meets its deadlines. So maybe for next Christmas?
    11-14-11 03:53 PM
    I don't care how you do it but it has got to be the thinnest Blackberry yet.
    Exactly. And considering that (from my understanding) it takes about 6 months time from carrier testing to consumers hands..if this isn't already in the testing, then by the time it IS released..the only people happy will be the die hards, as it will still be a year behind everyone else.

Perhaps this is the rumoured "Colt" that got rejected from the carriers due to it looking too "industrial"..
    11-14-11 03:54 PM
    While a 1.5Ghz dual core may not be ground breaking, it does match the best on Android, right now. People keep wanting BlackBerry to lead the way and they just aren't that company. I have to imagine BBX will scream on that CPU, considering how it runs on a 1Ghz dual core. If anything, RIM could toss some more RAM at it.

Rickroller likes this.
    11-14-11 03:54 PM
    ugh, not really sold on it. looks huge but need to see it in better shots before i can say for sure. Then again the galaxy nexus is 4.65 inches and i am sure this is smaller
    11-14-11 03:59 PM
    It's a freakin monstrosity. And since Rim is focused on putting this abomination out the door we can expect a long wait for bold form factor BBX devices.
    vrs626 likes this.
    11-14-11 04:25 PM
    I fear from the size of the bezel and the silvery bits, the heft and dimensions are going to be formidable.
    in the verge`s article, they say the sourcer says its SGS2 sized. now they say they dont know which SGS2, but thats what ya get for having a country where different carriers have different versions of the same phone with a different name

Exactly. And considering that (from my understanding) it takes about 6 months time from carrier testing to consumers hands..if this isn't already in the testing, then by the time it IS released..the only people happy will be the die hards, as it will still be a year behind everyone else.

Perhaps this is the rumoured "Colt" that got rejected from the carriers due to it looking too "industrial"..
    while you have a point, its the software stack that takes the time for them to test, so in theory they could test the colt software stack, and as QNX is modular, that pre-approves any handset with that iteration of the software stack, meaning testing times will be greatly reduced, in theory.

thats the advantage though, any updates other than network stack updates will be pushed straight out as RIM decides, so you wont have to wait for your carrier to approve an OS, which in theory means leaks are no longer needed as updates could be relatively fluid
    11-14-11 05:16 PM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD