The unlimited data is a big bonus for Three since all of the others stopped doing it.. plus if you go for the �25 ONE it includes tethering.. and theyve already said when their 4G launches it will not cost any more.

Will be interesting to see how the networks pan out when they all launch later.. EE already got slated about their pricing.. and regardless of renaming themselves, its still the same crap company underneath.
    Ken Fagan likes this.
    03-01-13 01:43 PM
    Jealous Canadians? UK got a higher number update than you guys

Posted via CB10
    I think A1 in Austria got the same update a day or two ago as u guys in UK

I wonder if these os are available to download on the Web somewhere? Or if those that have a phone that commits suicide by doing a security wipe and then have to reload the os via Web and computer are able to intercept it somehow

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:43 PM
    Yeah in my area that was the case as well. Ever since VF and O2 shared their network VF is actually faster than Three. However! Their dataplans are effing awesome. Sim only with unlimited web for �12.90. And no extra cost for LTE. If LTE is out on Three I might switch as well. Can't beat their prices!
    Can beat their customer service :-p
    03-01-13 01:44 PM
    The one thing I do like about O2.. is their international options.. Three doesn't offer anything for travellers.
    03-01-13 01:46 PM
    Hmmm.. well I pulled the battery..

Now all I have is the BlackBerry logo... think it might be broke
    03-01-13 01:46 PM

U inadvertently did what I posted about haha now try to update via that knowledge base article and see if the downloaded os goes to a temp folder somewhere

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:48 PM

Pretty sure that you said you have the -1 version dont you??, could be that this OS update was for the -2 version, which is what i have but mine was bought from p4u sim free earlier this week.
    03-01-13 01:50 PM
    Mine is up and running! Seems a bit more smooth, cant see much else at the moment, although the keyboard seems more responsive, update took about 25 mins.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:50 PM
    I just left it...

The glowing blue logo appeared, but rather than the usual growing 0-100% it came on at 100%, sat there for 5 minutes and now its back to life.. and its back..
    03-01-13 01:51 PM
    Given how slow the update was to install 148mb, rearranging what I believe is a 1GB OS is likely to take quite a while before a restart so I think I'll give it substantially longer than 15 minutes before I do a battery pull.
    03-01-13 01:52 PM
    Interesting.. i have the encryption settings back, but the Parental controls menu isn't there, which I do have on my -1 device.
    03-01-13 01:53 PM
    Right in the middle of updating to .90 as well (German Z10, Carrier: Vodafone).
    Lil bit nervous if everything goes through straight without any problems.
    03-01-13 01:54 PM
    On O2 UK model number STL100-2, OS - 10.0.9.2372

no update yet. Do you just check by going to settings - softwate updates - check for updates?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:59 PM
    Mine is up and running! Seems a bit more smooth, cant see much else at the moment, although the keyboard seems more responsive, update took about 25 mins.

Posted via CB10
    Did you have to battery pull?
    03-01-13 02:00 PM
    Can anyone get an Autoloader for any of these OS releases...this is getting really sad for all of us who bought our phones outright or are not with one of the carriers rolling out the updates.
    03-01-13 02:01 PM
    On O2 UK model number STL100-2, OS - 10.0.9.2372

no update yet. Do you just check by going to settings - softwate updates - check for updates?

Posted via CB10
    Yep pretty much or just wait till you get the notification in the hub. Unless you dont get an update notification in the hub??, im sure someone will confirm.

Still waiting on my update from tmo/ee...weird thing is that today i went into the EE shop to get a new micro sim card as the one i had wasnt working very well...anyhow got the new microsim and put it in my Z10 and instead of getting EE as my provider, its saying tmobile like it used to before. Maybe it will change over to EE but im kinda hoping it stays as Tmo.
    03-01-13 02:03 PM
    Can anyone get an Autoloader for any of these OS releases...this is getting really sad for all of us who bought our phones outright or are not with one of the carriers rolling out the updates.
    In a nutshell no is the answer. We cant do anything until the networks push it out...what is good news is that voda have pushed this out so hopefully over the next few days, the other networks that are carrying the Z10 will be pushing out the updates.
    03-01-13 02:06 PM
    Starting to get really freaked out about this preparinng to restart business now....has everyone had to battery pull?
    03-01-13 02:07 PM
    I've downloaded the first update (150 odd Mb) now it's started another second update which is weighing in at 749Mb! Going to be longer than I anticipated...
    03-01-13 02:12 PM
    Yup.. see above.. I had that for 15 minutes.. no buttons worked, and the screen didnt dim, so I guessed it was hung.

Reboot scared me, but it came back to life eventually on reboot
    03-01-13 02:13 PM
    The unlimited data is a big bonus for Three since all of the others stopped doing it.. plus if you go for the �25 ONE it includes tethering.. and theyve already said when their 4G launches it will not cost any more.

Will be interesting to see how the networks pan out when they all launch later.. EE already got slated about their pricing.. and regardless of renaming themselves, its still the same crap company underneath.
    Wow didn't know that or forgot! Yeah huge deal for me as well! Will see if VF can match some stuff which would be great. And yeah EE is too expensive. �36/month for 500MB is outright theft! So time for the other companies to open the battle for the customers

Can beat their customer service :-p
    Do you mean VF or Three? VF so far have been outstanding! Haven't heard about Three yet. But for a sim only deal what could possibly go wrong?
    03-01-13 02:14 PM
    Wow didn't know that or forgot! Yeah huge deal for me as well! Will see if VF can match some stuff which would be great. And yeah EE is too expensive. �36/month for 500MB is outright theft! So time for the other companies to open the battle for the customers

Do you mean VF or Three? VF so far have been outstanding! Haven't heard about Three yet. But for a sim only deal what could possibly go wrong?
    Three. They're terrible. Takes absolutely bloody ages to get through to them and I don't wish to sound narrow minded or anything, but let's face it....Indian call centres are a pain. So you spend ages trying to get through to them only to not be able to understand them.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    03-01-13 02:18 PM
    I've had a PAYG 3 SIM in another device to check coverage where I go before I change.. i need to top it up now and try the data speeds and see how it compares, especially in London
    03-01-13 02:18 PM
    That's it! I'm moving to the UK.

Anybody have a flat to put me up in?
    Kevin, if you like the coast you can come stay with us in Scotland.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 02:21 PM
    My dad's phone is fine. Battery pull didn't brick it or anything. Once Orange actually release it (hurry the **** up), I think I'll elect to do it via Link.
    03-01-13 02:24 PM
226 1234 ...