After a day of letting the mess of the first quarter sink in, I can only come to one conclusion. Fire the Marketing Department.... Now!
    Hear me out. Plus, with all do respect, if you're one of those people who think we should all take a breath and calm down, please move on. Thank You.
    In my mind, BlackBerry came out with the one of the best smart phone experiences in a long time. The Z10. Even if you don't agree that the Z10 is a great offering, many do. Let's just agree that BlackBerry gave us something that many would be proud to own. Possibly not you, but many. So, with a great table set, it's clear BlackBerry forgot about its guests. Is it just me? The task was so easy. Learn from your past marketing mistakes and pounce on it. I'll admit, I do not know enough about marketing to say the current marketing campaign is effective. On the other hand, I now know it's not.
    Look at Samsung and Apple. You may not enjoy their spots. Why? Is it because you wished BlackBerry could at least be as smart, creative and effective?
    This is simple. If it's not working, fix it. BlackBerry does not have the luxury to wait and see if their advertising sticks later.
    Heins, Fire these people yesterday. If not......Keep Moving.
    Last edited by xBURK; 06-30-13 at 12:19 PM.
    06-29-13 11:04 PM
    So the entire department? Or how bout they use a scalpel instead of a machete and just get rid of the Dept Head? Sound like a better plan? Just saying
    bigjsmashman likes this.
    06-29-13 11:07 PM
    So the entire department? Or how bout they use a scalpel instead of a machete and just get rid of the Dept Head? Sound like a better plan? Just saying
    But machetes are cooler! Much more dramatic and entertaining

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink, pbeasley and Bowlegz like this.
    06-29-13 11:10 PM
    Good point. Lol. I'm just saying.....Heads Should Roll. Of course, that includes the Head Master.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 06-30-13 at 12:59 AM.
    06-29-13 11:15 PM
    Why are threads like this in the Z10 forum?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 02:22 AM
    agreed there marketing is terrible every time I see one of there commercials on TV I smh
    06-30-13 03:06 AM
    I don't know about FIRED, but how about HIRING some other new people who have fresh ideas?

One hour in these forums could provide BlackBerry with many good commercial ideas. Concepts are literally at their disposal 24/7 here on CrackBerry, all they have to do is bring some of these simple concepts to life.
    xBURK likes this.
    06-30-13 03:25 AM
    Yes, everyone here is such a damned genius. Want some real advice? Look at the WHOLE market. The ONLY phone system that's "performing" are the cheap. Nokia/WP phones. Samsung's G4 is selling so poorly (and it's prospects are so gloomy) it took a 12 billion dollar write down in worth. Though Apple is claiming a record quarter, they're being very dodgy about what exactly IS selling because at&t and sprint report sales of iPhone are dropping. At&T reports iPhone sales are down from 84% in the final quarter of 2012 to 67%.

The market in general needs to recover. It's not just BBerry.

However... for you geniuses... if you look at Nokia's long term strategy, it's hard to fault. They were a company in much the same position as BBerry in the cell phone market. "Nokia Lumia sales hit record high of 5.6 million in Q1..." And they still haven't cracked the US market. Nokia Lumia sales hit record high of 5.6 million in Q1, still struggling in US | The Verge

Persistence coupled to a good phone. Remember, everyone had written Nokia off. Give BBerry a chance.
    06-30-13 04:56 AM
    I agree with the OP, as a business owner myself, the blame is to be on the folks in charge. That's why they make the big money and get large stock options.

What blackberry needs in some new fresh blood who are in sync with what the new smartphone consumer is expecting when they pay their hard earned money for a device.

Forget about OS10 being the greatest thing since sliced bread, that's only one piece of the larger puzzle.

You have to have a App Store, Warranty and Customer support system that's better then what you competition (Apple & Samsung) currently has if you expect new customers to cross over and your old ones to come back.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    Last edited by bakron1; 06-30-13 at 07:25 AM.
    jfunds and xBURK like this.
    06-30-13 05:00 AM
    We don't blackberry tap up some of the marketing team from apple or Samsung!

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    06-30-13 05:58 AM
    By the rules on the show Apprentice who ever is in charge of marketing needs to be fired. Maybe to many old conservative suits run the company and they need young risk takers looking to make a name.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    06-30-13 05:59 AM
    So, to start, sorry if my topic is in the wrong forum section? My bad. I'm not really experienced in writing threads.
    As far has myself or anyone being a genius on any topic BlackBerry, it's pretty clear, we are not. Should we have a degree in the topics before posting?

Anyway, It does not take a genius to know that BlackBerry's marketing is not effective. Good yes, but not effective. I want BlackBerry to succeed more than anyone. They need to get by this roadblock. If I'm wrong, so be it. I just have a strong feeling, I'm not. Get new blood and figure this out now. It can't be that hard? Other companies do this well, why can't BlackBerry? I would hate to see BlackBerry go down because they didn't pick up the phone and get a creative company to take over their failing marketing crew. We all know what a waste that would be.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:30 AM
    But machetes are cooler! Much more dramatic and entertaining

Posted via CB10
    I like it!!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:36 AM
    06-30-13 12:19 PM
    Me too!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 12:25 PM
    If the hardware and software would have been perfect I would've agreed that the marketing team is at fault. However, with the random reboots and slow roll out of 10.1, I would say fire the programs first.

Posted via CB10
    quickmetin likes this.
    06-30-13 01:52 PM
    If the hardware and software would have been perfect I would've agreed that the marketing team is at fault. However, with the random reboots and slow roll out of 10.1, I would say fire the programs first.

Posted via CB10
    Good point....that does not help. Never the less, I've seen better marketing selling worse products than the new bb10 phones. It just seems like they need to relate to the current market. In my eyes, they're not even close. How do you create buzz without amazing advertising? Impossible.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 06-30-13 at 05:59 PM.
    06-30-13 03:05 PM
    Head off the Head of marketing.

Just playing around with words.. not being serious.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    06-30-13 05:43 PM