My Z10 has always taken a ridiculously long to find a cell signal when turned on.

I travel routinely so I'm often powering down and on a again. Whether I'm domestic in another T-Mobile market or roaming internationally, my Z10 sometimes takes as long as 20 minutes before it finds and locks onto a cell signal. This is ridiculous!

I used to travel in the same markets with my BlackBerry Curve 9300 and never had this issue.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 11:19 AM
    You would need to let the community know what OS version and what Radio version you have running on you Z10. Perhaps and upgrade to the OS would help resolve your issue. I hope this helps.
    01-11-14 12:33 PM
    Change your SIM card.

My Z10 has always taken a ridiculously long to find a cell signal when turned on.

I travel routinely so I'm often powering down and on a again. Whether I'm domestic in another T-Mobile market or roaming internationally, my Z10 sometimes takes as long as 20 minutes before it finds and locks onto a cell signal. This is ridiculous!

I used to travel in the same markets with my BlackBerry Curve 9300 and never had this issue.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 01:16 PM
    You would need to let the community know what OS version and what Radio version you have running on you Z10. Perhaps and upgrade to the OS would help resolve your issue. I hope this helps.
    OS 10.1.0.4200
    Radio 10.1.0.4781

Any further thoughts with that?

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    01-23-14 02:01 AM
    The more types of signals it has to detect, the longer it takes. So it should take a bit longer than your old phone, but 20 minutes is nuts.

I assume the says "searching for network." If not, have you tried to put the phone in manual and then search?

It should take a minute or two if you are looking for LTE and 4g. If you know in advance there is no compatible LTE, I would change the settings not to look for it. In some hell holes, I just set the phone to 2g.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:02 AM
    I've done all kind of searches...manual...auto...limit to 4G...3G...2G...even limit to no data.

No matter what it takes crazy amount of time. And we're talking major cities here.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    01-23-14 04:24 AM
    Wow, 20 minutes?? That's nuts. I just arrived in Switzerland on Tuesday and I definitely noticed right away that my Z10 was taking a while to establish a signal. But MAYBE 3 to 5 minutes. Definitely no where near 20. Might wanna snag a proper SIM card for when you travel. Grab a prepaid somewhere that'll work with the local carriers.
    01-23-14 04:26 AM
    Wow, 20 minutes?? That's nuts. I just arrived in Switzerland on Tuesday and I definitely noticed right away that my Z10 was taking a while to establish a signal. But MAYBE 3 to 5 minutes. Definitely no where near 20. Might wanna snag a proper SIM card for when you travel. Grab a prepaid somewhere that'll work with the local carriers.
    I do use local SIM cards in another handset, but I have to use Z10 as my primary communication device and keep my primary number active.

I was in Switzerland last month. Took about 30 seconds for my friend's iPhone to lock onto signal and about 10 min for my Z10.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    01-23-14 04:31 AM
    Sounds like you know what you are doing. I'd take it up with your cellular provider. Also BlackBerry can read service logs on the phone. But you need your provider to get in touch with BlackBerry.

On a hunch, see if they will make you a new simcard. The simcard is part of the tower search in that it tries to find the home network first.

Believe it or not, I have had simcards fail right in the phone, as in I didn't do a damn thing. Only once, but is does happen.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:32 AM
    I do use local SIM cards in another handset, but I have to use Z10 as my primary communication device and keep my primary number active.

I was in Switzerland last month. Took about 30 seconds for my friend's iPhone to lock onto signal and about 10 min for my Z10.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Jeeeez. That's pretty weak. What model Z10 do you have? Just curious, probably doesn't mean anything. I'd guess it has more to d with the version of BB10 that you're running. That, or your SIM card is bunk. I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 and like I said... A few minutes TOPS to lock a signal.
    01-23-14 04:33 AM
    OS 10.1.0.4200
    Radio 10.1.0.4781

Any further thoughts with that?

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    I'm on the same OS as you (actually its .4780), on T-Mo USA. When I deplaned in Amsterdam from LAX on my last trip it took under a minute for the phone to find reception. Then I went on to Kazakhstan, deplaned (and turned the phone back on) and got reception in under a minute. Using t-mo SIM (though phone is unlocked), data roaming OFF. Maybe you do need a new SIM.
    01-23-14 07:32 AM