I posted long ago on how to address this...and you don't need to do anything more than create a folder JUST for ringtones where you MOVE all of your ringtones to. This .nomedia thing the OP refers to - is not needed.

In File Manager, simply create a folder called "Ringtones" dump all your ringtones into it and you're done. if that doesn't work for you, you don't know what you're doing.
    Newsflash, I have all of my ringtones in a separate folder, well away from the music folder, coincidentally called "ringtones" (not because of your suggestion, but I've always organized them this way) and they still show up in the playlist. Looks like somebody doesn't know what he is talking about...
    06-26-13 09:28 PM
    At last! Since 10.1.0.4537 there is "Browse Music..." option also for contacts!
    Finally! A solution to hide ringtones (or any other folder) from the Music app.-img_00000150.png

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 05:46 PM
    Or put them in the voice folder

Posted via CB10
    This is so much easier a solution then what the OP is suggesting. Thanks!
    jose_trevizo likes this.
    09-19-13 11:12 PM
    This is so much easier a solution then what the OP is suggesting. Thanks!
    Yeah, but look at the original post date. At that time you couldn't assign ringtones from Voice folder to contacts as there was no "Browse..." button. Beside that, my approach allows to exclude any folder from being indexed :-)

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:48 PM
    Yeah, but look at the original post date. At that time you couldn't assign ringtones from Voice folder to contacts as there was no "Browse..." button. Beside that, my approach allows to exclude any folder from being indexed :-)

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough but seeing as putting ring tones into the voice folder is working for me, that's really all I care about.

Hope people find your method useful.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    09-23-13 11:56 AM
    On my SD card I have folder "ringtones" and inside it file ".nomedia" but Music player still indexes all my ringtones. And I had such high hopes for this fix
    I guess I will have to move folder to "Voice".
    Edit: I went to Properties of ".nomedia" file and checked "Hidden" and unchecked "Archive". Seems that now it's all fine, no ringtones indexed in Music player
    Last edited by Marko M1; 07-28-14 at 08:10 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-28-14 07:59 PM
    Awesome! I didn't like having my ringtones and digital books playing when I was listening to music. I tried this <.nomedia.txt> in a folder containing ringtones and one folder with digital books and it worked!
    Thanks for the fix!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-07-14 05:58 AM
    My ring tones are in my voice folder too. Works great. In the music folder they would automatically play as soon as my phone connected with my car blue tooth.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 08:28 AM
    This worked like a charm and can be done on device via ghost commander.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 10:08 PM
34 12