it was very hard for me to retire my Z10...bt i did. BB 10 was just awesome....Z10 was so good..i was in love with it....
    now thinking of buying Z30 or Classic OR apple...
    wat do u guyz suggest ?
    01-16-15 10:13 AM
    Z30 is very good and getting quite cheap even if it's over a year old.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:20 AM
    Z30 is a Z10 on steroids in a good way! Classic is the same phone, but with the efficiency of a physical keyboard and a toolbelt. iPhone is a whole different story. The only reason to buy it that I can think of is heavy app usage. BB10 has so much more out of the box, just not all the apps. What's important to you in terms of phone usage? Heavy app user or communicator?

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    01-16-15 10:20 AM
    If you fully like and enjoyed your Z10, get a Z30.
    Want definite change, go WP, Android or iPhone.
    Want keyboard, well you know, PP or Classic.
    01-16-15 10:26 AM
    it was very hard for me to retire my Z10...bt i did. BB 10 was just awesome....Z10 was so good..i was in love with it....
    wat do u guyz suggest ?
    If it was awesome, so good and you were in love with it ... why did you retire it?

I agree with what others have stated. If you want to stick with a BB10 device, go z30 for touch. if KB... go Classic or Passport. If you don't want BB10, then go with your other choice, which appears to be Apple. For me, I have the z30 and I love it. I am tempted to get the Passport, but just don't have the money right now.
    01-16-15 10:31 AM
    Z10 has many big advantages: removeable battery , lovely display, perfect size.

Z30 has only slightly better Prozessor speed and maybe for some miracast is a plus.

My next phone has latest Snapdragon and lovely camera. 5 inch max.
    Played around with a Sony Z3 compact, also nicely sized phone

There are some lovely devices out there. Eying the LG Flex 2.
    But NO Way Apple. Not like at all but I have to admit the IP 6+ is snappy as hell.

But maybe keep my Z10 as my daily driver. Love to have a phone not everyone has.

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    01-16-15 10:43 AM
    Z30 is a Z10 on steroids in a good way! Classic is the same phone, but with the efficiency of a physical keyboard and a toolbelt. iPhone is a whole different story. The only reason to buy it that I can think of is heavy app usage. BB10 has so much more out of the box, just not all the apps. What's important to you in terms of phone usage? Heavy app user or communicator?

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    a communicator but with a better battery backup than Z10....
    01-17-15 10:23 AM
    If it was awesome, so good and you were in love with it ... why did you retire it?

I agree with what others have stated. If you want to stick with a BB10 device, go z30 for touch. if KB... go Classic or Passport. If you don't want BB10, then go with your other choice, which appears to be Apple. For me, I have the z30 and I love it. I am tempted to get the Passport, but just don't have the money right now.
    poor battery backup
    01-17-15 10:23 AM
    If you fully like and enjoyed your Z10, get a Z30.
    Want definite change, go WP, Android or iPhone.
    Want keyboard, well you know, PP or Classic.
    have used android it hangs allot ..
    01-17-15 10:26 AM
    Love my Z30.. give it a try.
    01-17-15 10:47 AM
    Classic is not an option in this case. It's a $500 keyboard upgrade for this very same Z10. Z30 is not a true upgrade either, bigger screen and a little better performance for a lot of money. Passport is the only upgrade option from BlackBerry. I would go with Nexus 5 off-contract for $350. It's one of the best price/performance ratio devices on the market. Nothing is lagging there on a quad-core CPU with 2GB RAM. The screen is amazing 5' Full-HD.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:27 PM
    Well gee coming on Crackberry asking what phone to get and ask if Apple should be one of them. Hmmm.

There's a ton of these threads and most of the time people ask about what you use your phone for. That should be the first thing you tell us about.

If you use a lot of media...Classic might not be your choice. Z30 if you like the bigger screen size. If you like/want the physical keyboard AND big screen it's the passport.

Fart apps? iPhone. . Seeing how you post things like "guyz" and all the other short forms for words, it might just be iPhone.

Posted via CB10 on the Presidenr Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-17-15 02:34 PM
    If I was you , I would use my Z10 until the next generation Z30 arrived. It will be a fantastic phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 06:08 PM
    I upgraded to the z30 recently. It is like the z10. But with all of its lackings solved. I have to admit the screen on the z30 is just slightly too large to use one handed, although this does allow for some very quick two-handed typing.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 06:32 PM
    thank you guyz
    01-18-15 06:03 AM
    Z10 to Z30 - did this for myself and my g/f, we're both loving it.

The comparison has been discussed more than a few times here, but in short...some benefits I like over the Z10:

MUCH longer battery life, not even comparable, day and night difference
    Larger screen, easier to read and type on
    FM radio reception (pretty cool if you listen to any FM stations, get them free, not through data plan)
    Slightly faster CPU, and quad core vs. single core GPU
    Awesome sounding speakers if playing through them is your thing

A slight disadvantage some might find is the Z30 screen isn't as bright. If you use it a lot in bright daylight you may be a little unimpressed. I have absolutely zero problem with it but that's my personal take...

If you loved your Z10 you'll love the Z30 much much more; that I can pretty safely say.

Richard
    niss63 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    01-18-15 08:27 AM

If you loved your Z10 you'll love the Z30 much much more; that I can pretty safely say.

Richard
    X2
    01-18-15 08:37 AM
    I'm waiting for my Passport to arrive Monday.

Coming from a Z10. Can't wait.

T-Mobile  STL100-3 Z10 running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2072.
    01-18-15 10:37 AM
    I moved from the Z10 to the Z30...
    My only regret, is not doing it earlier!

The battery life is amazing, the phone is quicker and even though the screen isn't as vivid as the Z10, the colours are sharp and with rich deep blacks.

Post via my BlackBerry Z10!
    01-19-15 01:19 AM
    wat do u guyz suggest ?
    You can wait until they launch new phone. They are going to launch Manitoba(z10 specs but with the design of z3 and better battery) . They might launch passport 2 in this year end.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:36 AM
    If you believe that's what they are releasing, what is the incentive other than battery life? Same specs as Z10, he already had a Z10.

Richard
    01-19-15 11:13 AM
    If you believe that's what they are releasing, what is the incentive other than battery life? Same specs as Z10, he already had a Z10.

Richard
    Bigger screen and more battery life. That's all... would be better than z30 as z10's display is better than z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:11 PM
    Classic is not an option in this case. It's a $500 keyboard upgrade for this very same Z10. Z30 is not a true upgrade either, bigger screen and a little better performance for a lot of money. Passport is the only upgrade option from BlackBerry. I would go with Nexus 5 off-contract for $350. It's one of the best price/performance ratio devices on the market. Nothing is lagging there on a quad-core CPU with 2GB RAM. The screen is amazing 5' Full-HD.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30's a bigger upgrade than just screen size compared to the Z10...

First the Z30 has the Paratek antenna which allows for better reception than most cellular phones, the dual stereo speakers are loud and clear, the processor is faster making for a smoother and quicker transitions, the screen size is great (not too big).
    The battery life is amazing - lasts ALL day with moderate to heavy use, the Z30 contains an FM radio, it also has Miracast technology allowing me to mirror my phone to bluetooth equipment.

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    01-20-15 12:31 AM
    The Z30's a bigger upgrade than just screen size compared to the Z10...

First the Z30 has the Paratek antenna which allows for better reception than most cellular phones, the dual stereo speakers are loud and clear, the processor is faster making for a smoother and quicker transitions, the screen size is great (not too big).
    The battery life is amazing - lasts ALL day with moderate to heavy use, the Z30 contains an FM radio, it also has Miracast technology allowing me to mirror my phone to bluetooth equipment.

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    Why BlackBerry won't upgrade the z30 with better specs and a better display and camera? Z30&z10 have too old processor... Even the audio should be like passport speakers(best in mobiles).

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 12:54 AM
    BlackBerry knows the end is near, that's why.

Z10 (red) OS10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS10.3.0.1418
    01-20-15 03:05 AM
46 12