Hey everyone!

I finally pulled the trigger on buying my very own Z10! I'm getting it through the back to school special going on at blackberry.

Just a bit about myself: I have been an iPhone user since the very first one, and it was only a year ago I decided to give the Bold 9900 a shot. It wasn't by choice as first, as Wind Mobile at that time didn't support iPhones. 9 months later I am hopeless addicted to the keyboard and am a pretty big Blackberry fan.

However, reading all the negative posts on this board about the BB10, BBRY being sold, and Restarts etc, really put me off from buying a Z10. I was seriously contemplating getting the new iPhone or Galaxy Note 3, but after hearing about the Z10 employee discount I thought to myself, it's a steal at this price! I figured all the negative drivel is probably inconsquential, as I got the Bold 9900 against everyone's advice and loved it! Lack of apps and all!

I'm a little hesitant to go back to full touch screen, having use the bold 9900 keyboard this past year. But hopefully I can get the hang of it!

While I wait for my phone to arrive:

1. I'm going over crackberry like crazy to learn as much as I can. I love the fact that BB10 is hard to master and I am looking forward to the learning curve! I love a good challenge.
    2. Getting all my music and media ready to transfer over to the Z10 and finally leave Itunes behind!

I'm soooo pumped as you can tell! Can't wait for my baby to arrive!!! Urrgh the wait is killing me

EDIT: Finally received my phone!

Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome and helpful info. I just received my Z10 now and am in the process of setting up. She is a thing of beauty! I dont think I can ever go back to the Bold 9900 after playing with the Z10 for just 30 minutes!

WOOOOO!

I am loving all of these new Z10 owner threads.

It really is not hard to master. The thing that will make it a bit confusing at first is sideloading and if you want to load a leak(which I highly recommend!).

Welcome to the community!
    Thanks! I got used to the swipes right away and it feels so fricking natural now. Everything else feels archaic by comparison to be honest!

Few things.

First, GREAT. I'm in love with my Z10. Hopelessly.

Second, don't ditch iTunes, since BlackBerry Link desktop software is still pretty rough around the edges and isn't really a music library unto itself.

Third, make sure you update your phone! All the updates have been great. And have added great stability/features. (some may disagree with the MR, but I didn't have any issues).

Four, take advantage of all the features included in the OS. This is a rich OS right out of the box.

Five, be an ambassador! Show off your Z10 every chance you get. The HUB. Remote access. BBM (going cross platform, though limited in its geatures). This is a brag-worthy device that gets negative media attention. It's up to us to put the positive spin on it.

Welcome. Good luck. And enjoy!

My gf thinks I love my Z10 more than her... she's on to me.
    Thanks for the info. I am still discovering cool little things as I play more and more. I think the discovery part is half the fun! But atleast the Z10 won't put you in the dog house :P I am gonna do my part to play it up and see where it goes.

Congrats

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! It seriously feels like a million bucks! It is sooooo fast compared to my bold 9900 and iphone 4. I was addings pics to a bbm group, which usually takes quite a few steps on my bold, and i was able to do it within a few seconds, its too fast! Camera takes a pic before i have time to let go of the button haha.

Welcome! And it's not hard to master buddy. I literally just watched the tutorial video that pops up when you first install and I was good to go! Enjoy

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I am gonna be around the Z10 forum a lot more now :P

something to help you with that... i prefer NOT to use BBLink. If you have an SD card (which you better! lol) you go to settings > storage and scroll to the bottom. there is an option that says USB Mass Storage, turn it on. this will essentially turn your SD Card into a flash drive. Plug your phone into the computer and BAM you have a USB Drive pop up. Drag all of your music into the 'music' folder. Simple as that.

IMPORTANT: you MUST turn USB Mass Storage OFF in order to access the media on your phone. the best part of doing it this way is that you DO NOT need to install BBLink on all the computers you use. You can backup on one computer, but use an infinite amount to add media to the device if you do it this way.

I hope that helps. If you need anything else just ask.

Z10!
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. You saved me quite a bit of headache haha.

Questions:

How do I remove facebook friends from my phone contacts?
    What should I do now that I have it all set to go? Important apps, setting tweaks etc...
    And why is the keyboard so goddamn perfect! Its almost as if its reading my mind lol.

Cheers everyone and thanks in advance!
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 09-10-13 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Have the phone now!
    08-22-13 02:00 PM
    WOOOOO!

I am loving all of these new Z10 owner threads.

It really is not hard to master. The thing that will make it a bit confusing at first is sideloading and if you want to load a leak(which I highly recommend!).

Welcome to the community!
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    08-22-13 02:02 PM
    Few things.

First, GREAT. I'm in love with my Z10. Hopelessly.

Second, don't ditch iTunes, since BlackBerry Link desktop software is still pretty rough around the edges and isn't really a music library unto itself.

Third, make sure you update your phone! All the updates have been great. And have added great stability/features. (some may disagree with the MR, but I didn't have any issues).

Four, take advantage of all the features included in the OS. This is a rich OS right out of the box.

Five, be an ambassador! Show off your Z10 every chance you get. The HUB. Remote access. BBM (going cross platform, though limited in its geatures). This is a brag-worthy device that gets negative media attention. It's up to us to put the positive spin on it.

Welcome. Good luck. And enjoy!

My gf thinks I love my Z10 more than her... she's on to me.
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    08-22-13 02:04 PM
    Congrats

Posted via CB10
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    08-22-13 02:10 PM
    Welcome! And it's not hard to master buddy. I literally just watched the tutorial video that pops up when you first install and I was good to go! Enjoy

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    08-22-13 02:14 PM
    Hey everyone!

I finally pulled the trigger on buying my very own Z10! I'm getting it through the back to school special going on at blackberry.

Just a bit about myself: I have been an iPhone user since the very first one, and it was only a year I decided to give the Bold 9900 a shot. It wasn't by choice as first, as Wind Mobile at that time didn't support iPhones. 9 months later I am hopeless addicted to the keyboard and am a pretty big Blackberry fan. However, reading all the negative posts on this board about the BB10, BBRY being sold, and Restarts etc, really put me off from buying a Z10. I was seriously contemplating getting the new iPhone or Galaxy Note 3, but after hearing about the Z10 employee discount I thought to myself, it's a steal at this price! I figured all the negative drivel is probably inconsquential, as I got the Bold 9900 against everyone's advice and loved it! Lack of apps and all!

I'm a little hesitant to go back to full touch screen, having use the bold 9900 keyboard this past year. But hopefully I can get the hang of it!

While I wait for my phone to arrive:

1. I'm going over crackberry like crazy to learn as much as I can. I love the fact that BB10 is hard to master and I am looking forward to the learning curve! I love a good challenge.
    2. Getting all my music and media ready to transfer over to the Z10 and finally leave Itunes behind!

I'm soooo pumped as you can tell! Can't wait for my baby to arrive!!! Urrgh the wait is killing me
    something to help you with that... i prefer NOT to use BBLink. If you have an SD card (which you better! lol) you go to settings > storage and scroll to the bottom. there is an option that says USB Mass Storage, turn it on. this will essentially turn your SD Card into a flash drive. Plug your phone into the computer and BAM you have a USB Drive pop up. Drag all of your music into the 'music' folder. Simple as that.

IMPORTANT: you MUST turn USB Mass Storage OFF in order to access the media on your phone. the best part of doing it this way is that you DO NOT need to install BBLink on all the computers you use. You can backup on one computer, but use an infinite amount to add media to the device if you do it this way.

Z10!
    Rowan M and vegetto_456 like this.
    08-22-13 02:48 PM

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:43 AM
    Yes, another Z10 inductee! Welcome you'll love it

Posted from "Bush Whacker" Z10
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    08-23-13 08:47 AM
    Congratulations on the right decision.

BB10 is the most beautiful OS I have ever used. As a seasonal software development manager, I really appreciate what BlackBerry has done, I know what I am talking about.

I'm a big fan of Kevin Durant since his first day in NBA, you can see now how successful he is.

Posted via CB10
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    08-23-13 08:55 AM
    I am sure you will not regret it.
    so many things just work faster out of the box. Such a helpful community.

If you experience the same boost in everyday tasks as I did, you will never touch a non BlackBerry device again

Posted via CB10
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    08-23-13 09:32 AM
    Hey everyone

What are some essential apps to get?
    Anything else I should do?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:26 PM
    good choice mate.

remember BlackBerry by choice!!!

2AB12C5A add my PIN on BBM if you are looking for new blackberry friends!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:20 PM
    Hey everyone

Anything else I should do?

Posted via CB10
    If you feel adventurous and comfortable playing with leaks, I would load the latest 10.2.

It's hands down better than the original or 10.1 os.

The occasional bugs don't bother me one bit compared to the awesome features.

Also welcome to the z10 family!

Posted on a Post-It!
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    09-11-13 05:58 PM

Z10!
    Don't do this at all.

Instead turn on wife file sharing and anytime you are on your wife network, your z10 will show up on your pc as 2 network drives. 1 for the on board memory, and 1 for the SD card.

Then you no longer need the cable to add files or download files.

Posted on a Post-It!
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    09-11-13 06:01 PM
    Don't do this at all.

"Instead turn on wife file sharing "

Posted on a Post-It!
    Hahaha meant to say wifi file sharing.

Unless you are into that sort of thing....then wife sharing is fine!

Hahaha

Posted on a Post-It!
    vegetto_456 and todbanner like this.
    09-11-13 06:03 PM
    Congratulation buddy, I hope you love it.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    09-11-13 06:25 PM
    I must agree as previously stated that 10.2 is fantastic. I love Mireo as an off-line map for $20 if you travel outside of your country often.
    Battery Guru if you need to see the battery consumption. Neutron is a great music player.
    Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    09-11-13 07:03 PM
    good choice mate.

remember BlackBerry by choice!!!

2AB12C5A add my PIN on BBM if you are looking for new blackberry friends!

Posted via CB10
    Ya no worries! I can't wait until people on iOS and Android start using BBM as well.

If you feel adventurous and comfortable playing with leaks, I would load the latest 10.2.

It's hands down better than the original or 10.1 os.

The occasional bugs don't bother me one bit compared to the awesome features.

Also welcome to the z10 family!

Posted on a Post-It!
    Thanks! Will I be able to sideload the latest Instagram with the latest leak? I heard it has a locked runtime?

Don't do this at all.

Instead turn on wife file sharing and anytime you are on your wife network, your z10 will show up on your pc as 2 network drives. 1 for the on board memory, and 1 for the SD card.

Then you no longer need the cable to add files or download files.

Posted on a Post-It!
    Haha, whatever floats your boat, right? :P

I must agree as previously stated that 10.2 is fantastic. I love Mireo as an off-line map for $20 if you travel outside of your country often.
    Battery Guru if you need to see the battery consumption. Neutron is a great music player.
    Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    Battery Guru? I will give that a shot. Is Neutron that much better than the stock music player? Seems kinda pricy for a music player. I will get it if it is that much better. Also I found BeBuzz and Hub++. Are they any good?

Congratulation buddy, I hope you love it.

For sure! I can't seem to put it down lol.
    09-11-13 09:00 PM
    Mannnn I'm really missing the Bold 9900 keyboard lol, how long did it take everyone to become comfortable with using the Z10?
    09-12-13 11:02 AM
    From the first day!

09-12-13 11:21 AM
    Mannnn I'm really missing the Bold 9900 keyboard lol, how long did it take everyone to become comfortable with using the Z10?
    Coming from 9900 I found the z10 an easy transition. In fact my typing speed improved dramatically with the word suggestion feature and auto correct. I don't bother slowing down to accurately hit keys because it fixes 99% of my errors.
    09-12-13 11:22 AM
    BeMaps 10

Marketing is everything
    09-12-13 11:37 PM