I have been eying a blackberry z10 for a while but am heavy invested in android(multiple phones and tablet) so it was hard to switch as my main phone. I ended up getting a Droid Maxx and kept my unlimited by using a line on my account that had a 2gb plan so I got lucky. Well when I went to my friends Verizon I noticed he didn't have the z10 on display anymore(he owns one of the Verizon dealer types with limited phones you can play with). I always played around with it when went there. Well I asked him what he did with it and he said he needed to add a new phone to the display and asked if I wanted to buy it. I asked him how much and he said $100. I said yes right away with no thought(i could sell it for double that plus if I don't keep it). I have been switching back and fourth between the devices and so far I really like the z10. Its like Xmas came early for me. The great thing is I didn't have to use an update to buy the z10. He sold it to me outright for the $100 and told me I could return it if there was an issue. Blackberry gave it to them to display so I didn't cost them anything. Its to bad people didn't give these devices more recognition. It really is a great device and people are to stuck on iPhone's. I just found out how easy it is to switch between phones on verizonwireless.com and since I activated both devices I don't need to enter any numbers in just click device I already activated and change to the one I want to use. Very cool phone and glad I bought it. I always keep a back up phone around so this is perfect. I end up getting bored with my phones sometimes so it will be nice to switch things up every once in a while.
    11-08-13 08:11 PM
    Nice score man! Now get on top of loading the unlocked Android runtime, and start some side loading

Posted via CB10
    Umass021 likes this.
    11-08-13 08:14 PM
    WOW, that a great price! You got very luck!
    Umass021 likes this.
    11-08-13 08:15 PM
    Just load up the latest 10.2.0.1803 leak on it. Or use the Sachesi method. Trust me the stock Verizon OS sucks.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 08:23 PM
    I sideloaded a few Android apps using Google chrome browser plugin. What does android runtime do for me?

Sent from my XT1080 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-09-13 12:19 AM
    I sideloaded a few Android apps using Google chrome browser plugin. What does android runtime do for me?

You already have runtime loaded on your phone or you wouldn't be able to run any sideloaded android apps. But there are newer versions available. Updating to the latest OS will also give you the latest runtime.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:45 AM
    I used the bar files to side load

11-09-13 01:10 AM
    I used the bar files to side load

Right but none of your sideloaded apps would work without runtime already being installed. As I said just update your entire OS to 1803 and you will automatically update runtime to the latest one available.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:11 AM
    Great price for a smartphone! No matter what phone you like for $100 you can't argue...nothing is better than a z10 for $100!

I flick! Do you?
    11-09-13 12:19 PM
    $100 for a Z10? That's such a good deal. What color did you get?

It really is a cool phone, and new OS updates have only made it better and better. Is this your first BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:19 PM
    It was in black. I didn't get to pick the color since it was the display model but am still very happy with it. It looked like it had never been used before plus came with the box. I figured for that price even if I use it for a year then sell it back on eBay I would still get my money back for it. I tried the HDMI out on it last night and it worked great. I'm just glad I have two different sim cards so I don't have to take one out every time I want to switch.
    11-09-13 12:35 PM
    Dang, and I thought I got a good deal. Picked mine up, brand new, from a guy for $240.

I had a Curve 8330 way back when, and really liked blackberries, but I really didn't have any interest in them lately. Started doing research on the Z10 and fell in love. Now I've got 10.2, and plenty of Android apps running, and I couldn't be happier. BB10 is probably the best mobile OS out there right now.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:45 PM
    It was in black. I didn't get to pick the color since it was the display model but am still very happy with it. It looked like it had never been used before plus came with the box. I figured for that price even if I use it for a year then sell it back on eBay I would still get my money back for it. I tried the HDMI out on it last night and it worked great. I'm just glad I have two different sim cards so I don't have to take one out every time I want to switch.
    So, how easy is switching back and forth work? I see you have two sim cards, two devices. I know the VZW site let's you move 'back' to previous devices that were activated on that same line. Did you just activate the Z10 as a 'new device'? Any fees or anything?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 12:49 PM
    So, how easy is switching back and forth work? I see you have two sim cards, two devices. I know the VZW site let's you move 'back' to previous devices that were activated on that same line. Did you just activate the Z10 as a 'new device'? Any fees or anything?

Posted via CB10
    Well I took the sim out of my galaxy nexus(old phone before I got the maxx) which is the same size as my z10. Now the new phone I have is a nano sim so I could use a sim adapter which I do have but don't want to keep switching them out back and fourth. So I went onto the verizon website and clicked activate/switch device and picked which line I wanted to use. It asked me if I was using a new device or one I already used on the account. The first time I picked new device. So I put my device id(imei or esn) and sim card number in and activated it. Then I went back to activate and did the same setup with my droid maxx. So I went from droid maxx to z10 back to droid maxx. Well now that I did it once whenever I go to activate/switch device I can pick device I already used on account and I don't have to enter the device id or sim card number in because its saved in there system. When you click the phone you want to activate the device id pops right up. No fees at all. I recommend you turn the device your switching to off then after you click change device turn it on and it re activates when it starts up. Changing the device is instant but if you want to go from device A to device B then back to device A it will take about 10 minutes. I was just testing it so I changed back and fourth fast.
    AnimalPak200 and howards like this.
    11-09-13 04:22 PM
    I have two Z10's. I just take the sim card out and pop it in the other Z10. Takes all of 15 seconds. Then I open BBM, transfer my BBM info to the other Z10. 10 more seconds, lol.

Best phones I have ever used. Blackberry.

Posted via my Z10, cause Virgin Mobile and Flextronics are screwing me over.
    11-09-13 04:38 PM
    I have two Z10's. I just take the sim card out and pop it in the other Z10. Takes all of 15 seconds. Then I open BBM, transfer my BBM info to the other Z10. 10 more seconds, lol.

Best phones I have ever used. Blackberry.

Verizon doesn't really go by SIM card (CDMA) so you can't just carry your service on a SIM card to whatever device you want. You have to actually switch/activate devices based on their IMEI... luckily, as the OP stated above, seems like VZW has made it relatively straightforward.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:33 PM
    Verizon 4g phones do go by sim cards and you can just switch them over. My issue was I didn't want to keep popping them in and out so I go thru the website instead. Plus both my devices take two different cards and would have to use a sim adapter on the z10.

11-09-13 06:08 PM
    And going over the net takes how long? Lol....

Compared to un-snapping a rear cover, sliding out a sim card....?

It's ten whole seconds of your life,lol. Much less than the ten minutes someone mentioned earlier.

11-09-13 06:45 PM
    Anyways, no pun intended. Do as you see fit.

11-09-13 06:45 PM
    I don't think you understand the concept. I didn't want to take the case and back cover off every time I switch. I also have two different size sim cards and would have to use a sim adapter everytime. That's one thing I don't miss about using the blackberry forums is people saying sarcastic things. Someone asked me how I switch on the website not how to switch sim cards so I answered. Also it doesn't take 10 minutes to switch it's instant. I said if you want to go back and fourth and back again it takes up to 10 minutes to reset.
    11-09-13 07:19 PM
    I know VZW uses SIM for 4G, but they still make you register and activate with the device specific info through their site. Hence the service isn't technically 'attached' to just the SIM card as it is... pretty much everywhere else. It's all good though, doesn't seem like much of a hassle, I just wanted to make sure there was no effect on my service plan.

Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 08:14 PM
    Same here! After a few months saving some money I finally own it. Such a great device

Sent from my oreo Z10 running 10.2

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 08:23 PM
    I know VZW uses SIM for 4G, but they still make you register and activate with the device specific info through their site. Hence the service isn't technically 'attached' to just the SIM card as it is... pretty much everywhere else. It's all good though, doesn't seem like much of a hassle, I just wanted to make sure there was no effect on my service plan.

Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. I switch between an Android that I bought on ebay and never had to register or activate it. The sim still shows my Z10 as the connected device.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 09:42 PM
    Wrong. I switch between an Android that I bought on ebay and never had to register or activate it. The sim still shows my Z10 as the connected device.

Posted via CB10
    Can you make calls and receive sms?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 10:20 PM
    I have done that before also. I switched between two android devices with the same sim but only showed one device on my Verizon.

11-09-13 11:09 PM
29 12