01-06-14 10:32 PM
53 123
tools
    Layperson's tend to see bugs as an acceptable norm in software but that is usually due to the fact the software system they are using has been built by the lowest bidder.

Trust me, if any digital device or service lost a year of a person's emails or texts or other data important to them, through no fault of the user, they would be screaming bloody murder, not "oh well, it's an acceptable norm".
    01-06-14 09:17 PM
    Trust me, if any digital device or service lost a year of a person's emails or texts or other data important to them, through no fault of the user, they would be screaming bloody murder, not "oh well, it's an acceptable norm".
    There's letting bugs slip through the net which is embarrassing enough and then there is the scenario you describe.. that's some quality testing and workmanship. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys . It's probably a good job I don't work in customer service.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:23 PM
    You pay peanuts, you get monkeys .

I LIKE that saying.

It's probably a good job I don't work in customer service.

I spent 10+ years in retail, believe me I know what it's like to deal with the random flotsam/jetsam. Burned me out bigtime.
    01-06-14 10:32 PM
53 123