....wow....no justice around there ablut this phone. Coming from iphone 4s and lumia 920 i really didn't know if i was going to be disappointed while waiting for my new device. Got it 4 days ago, used it 24 hours with stock Os and then installed 1925: fantastic phone. Learned immediatelly to use it so wonder what kind of brains talk about "learning curve"; my battery, with normal usage make it nearly 2 days; downloaded some games, some .apk, have all the apps i need.....really wonder why this phone didn't get the hype other phones got that are more expensive and with UI not as nice athe BB10.
    So.....well, that's it, happy for this purchase.....maybe the best u can get for 6/700$ range, but paid just 300 euros.
    tryfe, serbanescu, FF22 and 4 others like this.
    01-15-14 06:38 AM
    ....wow....no justice around there ablut this phone. Coming from iphone 4s and lumia 920 i really didn't know if i was going to be disappointed while waiting for my new device. Got it 4 days ago, used it 24 hours with stock Os and then installed 1925: fantastic phone. Learned immediatelly to use it so wonder what kind of brains talk about "learning curve"; my battery, with normal usage make it nearly 2 days; downloaded some games, some .apk, have all the apps i need.....really wonder why this phone didn't get the hype other phones got that are more expensive and with UI not as nice athe BB10.
    So.....well, that's it, happy for this purchase.....maybe the best u can get for 6/700$ range, but paid just 300 euros.
    There is a learning curve for some folks, it varies. Like you, I had no issues at all learning to navigate the OS.

Welcome to Crackberry!!! And enjoy your Z10.
    01-15-14 06:45 AM
    Glad you like it. I've had my Z10 nearly a year now and still love it. The phone is much maligned, but it really is a diamond in the wastes. Best smart phone I've ever owned, and the keyboard is awesome.

Z10 In action here!
    01-15-14 06:54 AM
    I agree that it is a great phone and overlooked too often. My daughter got one for Christmas and loves it. She says she gets loads of her iPhone friends loving it and praising it

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 07:26 AM
    I agree that it is a great phone and overlooked too often. My daughter got one for Christmas and loves it. She says she gets loads of her iPhone friends loving it and praising it

Posted via CB10
    I have had mine since March and love it. My daughter just got hers and will not let any of her friends touch it. Calls it her Precious.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    world saviour likes this.
    01-15-14 08:13 AM
    Got mine last June and I'm still loving it! Best part is that there's so much to look forward to! Like 10.2.1!! Can't wait for the official release, it's gonna be great!

Subscribe to my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    01-15-14 08:44 AM
    hey, and forgot to mention......the best community indeed!
    01-15-14 01:07 PM
    .......haha, just added a antiglare, anti fingerprint screen protector and it is like icing on a cake

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    crashtwenty likes this.
    01-15-14 03:36 PM
    Coming from BBOS the only learning curve was where things were. I was used to the gestures because I have a PlayBook. Love this phone. Unfortunately it was poorly marketed and maybe at a wrong price point. Had mine since June and have been a very happy camper.
    01-15-14 04:04 PM
    I got mine on Monday and instantly upgraded to 1925. My problem is that after all the tips to increase battery life I only get 10 hrs maybe on it.
    In standby it's great on battery life but the moment I pick up the device to text or BBM, the battery runs 1% or 2%. It's extremely frustrating.

I also carry my lumia 920 around. The devices are so different.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:17 PM
    10 hours is quote alright I think.
    Give it some time for the device to settle after the upgrade and you should notice the battery life gets better

Subscribe to my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    01-15-14 11:23 PM
    There is another radio file and some folks have installed that over the 1925 Leak (it only affects radio and not data or other os stuff). It might provide better battery life. The phone might still be indexing stuff. How is your carrier connection?
    01-15-14 11:32 PM
    There is another radio file and some folks have installed that over the 1925 Leak (it only affects radio and not data or other os stuff). It might provide better battery life. The phone might still be indexing stuff. How is your carrier connection?
    I turned off LTE because it was a drain but i have wifi at work and home and get full bars at home. I have an STL-100-3 so i downloaded this version:
    Z10 2/3/4 10.2.1.1925/1899 radio

I'm assuming that's the right one. What other version of the radio is available?

So far i've done the following: Turned off all unnecessary connections, no LTE, brightness set to 10%, swipe up to turn phone on disabled, dark themes whenever possible, closed all apps not running, email fetching set to 6 hours, blackberry link off. Like i said, when idle this phone doesn't drain too bad so there's nothing really in the background running, it's only when i turn it on it just drains constantly even with a little light texting.
    01-16-14 09:02 AM
    I've noticed the battery drains a lot in use.... I had an aging iphone 3GS and it lasted longer in similar use, and leaving on stuff like wifi even away from home. I'm finding I have to make real compromises with the Z10, but then i'm hoping it in part due to it only being a week old, and battery may get a bit better with a few cycles in it.

Not disappointed though, its a lovely phone, and I'll carry a battery pack just in case for a charge on the go.
    01-16-14 09:13 AM
    But what do u use the phone for??
    Ok ok, i have to admit that i don't spend so long on the phone and i have lte, wifi and data off (my habit with all phones); but i make/receive around 10/15 calls per day, sync my emails 3/4 times per day; play with real racing maybe 1 hour per day; still spend some time navigating throught the phone (admiring it ).....yep, more or less all this and normally don't need to recharge night time; well, sometimes i do it just to be able to have a full day the day after without draining the battery. As said above got 1925 and MY battery is way far to be worse than an iphone or lumia......
    01-16-14 04:25 PM
    Welcome to crackberry and I'm glad you love it. We all do too . Wait till you get faster with the flick typing

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-16-14 05:54 PM
    .....and you made a mistake at least you'll see in a few years

Enjoy your z10 and good luck finding apps

Posted via Nexus 7 2013
    That is awesome to know that the phone will be around for years. And with Snap, OP will find most apps needed. But wishing OP well is really sweet too. I have heard great things about the Nexus and wish you luck too.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-17-14 10:47 AM
    Since switching to the 1926 radio i've actually seen a bit of an improvement. I haven't used the device much in a day so i'm testing how long i can stretch it out for. Currently past 24hrs since my last charge with still 41% left. But like i said, i haven't used it much. It sips 1% per hour but as soon as i start using it it'll start moving dramatically. Hopefully it continues to improve where i can get a full day with moderate to heavy usage.
    01-17-14 11:27 AM
    Turn off BlackBerry Link, that made a difference for me. I have had my phone for two weeks now and am getting decent battery life.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 11:37 AM
    OP, glad you love your phone. Things can only get better from here on.
    01-17-14 11:47 AM
    I've noticed the battery drains a lot in use.... I had an aging iphone 3GS and it lasted longer in similar use, and leaving on stuff like wifi even away from home. I'm finding I have to make real compromises with the Z10, but then i'm hoping it in part due to it only being a week old, and battery may get a bit better with a few cycles in it.

Not disappointed though, its a lovely phone, and I'll carry a battery pack just in case for a charge on the go.
    I recommend investing in a battery bundle (you can find them for less than 30 on Amazon). The battery life isn't an issue at all once you realize you can pop in a fresh battery whoever you want and be back at 100% in less than 60 seconds. Coming from and iPhone I was blown away at that kind of flexibility.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 12:06 PM
    Great news OP! Hope you enjoy it

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    01-17-14 12:12 PM
    Just want to confirm how nice this community is, thanx guys for making it so friendly!

.....and you made a mistake at least you'll see in a few years

Enjoy your z10 and good luck finding apps

Posted via Nexus 7 2013
    Well i really don't know what u mean, but i'm far of being a fanboy for any brand; i just try to be the most unbiased possible and after using all the OSs in the market and maybe all the brands (well, most of them), i can only confirm again, after 2 days more of usage of my Z10, that the only mistake i've done is not getting one earlier.
    Cheers

PS: 2 days use and at 21:26 PM got 40% battery left......but i've been busy today and didn't play (yesterday did for maybe 40 min) just made/received around 20 calls, some wifi to sync emails (4/5 times).
    01-17-14 06:25 PM
    Jesus, BlackBerry fanboys! Chillax!

Still loving my Z10, more so now that I can get some Android apps to cover the core stuff I did before!

I'm no stranger to BlackBerry, but it's some piece of junk corporate thing ive got right now, this Z10 blows it off the planet.

Only touched my old iphone a couple of times since getting the z10, mainly to copy off stuff or check notes.

My poor old Galaxy Tab has only been checked to see what apps I'd like on the z10.

Ironically the Playbook has had a bit of action, my 2 year old doesn't like giving it up. I just hope the z10 can hold up to similar levels of abuse that the PB gets subjected to (unscathed).

So before anyone bores me with talk of trolling, I've tried all the mainstream os put there, ok maybe not windows lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 08:50 PM