Hello, I've been interested in the Z10 for a longtime, so when I saw them for free at Costco I bought two this morning. It's been a nightmare ever since, my wife's Z10 screen is perfect (very white white's with a cooler tint, which I prefer), but my 1st one had a really yellow tint to the screen. I took it back and the second one had a yellow tint to the screen, so that Costco ran out of Z10's and I had to drive to another one across town only to have my 3rd Z10 have a yellow screen!!!!

I returned it again, by this time the Wireless employee was getting mad, but I explained I'm going to spend a lot of money on this phone (2 year contract) so I want it perfect, luckily Costco has an amazing return policy and the Costco employees told me not to mind the Wireless employee (they are not employed by Costco). I return my 3rd Z10 and because I'm tired I don't bother checking the 4th one before leaving the store.

I get home open it up and guess what??? YELLOW SCREEN!!! Is this normal? Does Costco just have a bad batch, I don't get it, I've never had so many problems with a cell phone, I love the phone so far, the OS is really intuitive, and fast and the Hub is awesome, but unless I can get a phone with a good screen I might have to return them both for Android phones (I really don't want to).

I'm going to try for my 5th phone tomorrow, but this is getting ridiculous, has anyone else dealt with this issue? What did you do, or what would you do if you were in my situation?
    08-30-13 01:34 AM
    I have never heard of this or seen it.
    Did you remove the screen protector?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 01:36 AM
    Take a pic

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 01:44 AM
    Who's your carrier?

Worst case, wait until the buyer's remorse period is up, then call your carrier and tell them. They'll send you a replacement device (99% of the time it's new), and you send your old one back, but you keep your battery and battery cover.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 01:48 AM
    Never heard of it and i got both my Z10's from Costco the week they launched in US. I exchanged one out in a couple of days because of rebooting issue and no other issues so far. Like you say, could be a bad batch
    08-30-13 01:59 AM
    Hello, I've been interested in the Z10 for a longtime, so when I saw them for free at Costco I bought two this morning. It's been a nightmare ever since, my wife's Z10 screen is perfect (very white white's with a cooler tint, which I prefer), but my 1st one had a really yellow tint to the screen. I took it back and the second one had a yellow tint to the screen, so that Costco ran out of Z10's and I had to drive to another one across town only to have my 3rd Z10 have a yellow screen!!!!

I returned it again, by this time the Wireless employee was getting mad, but I explained I'm going to spend a lot of money on this phone (2 year contract) so I want it perfect, luckily Costco has an amazing return policy and the Costco employees told me not to mind the Wireless employee (they are not employed by Costco). I return my 3rd Z10 and because I'm tired I don't bother checking the 4th one before leaving the store.

I get home open it up and guess what??? YELLOW SCREEN!!! Is this normal? Does Costco just have a bad batch, I don't get it, I've never had so many problems with a cell phone, I love the phone so far, the OS is really intuitive, and fast and the Hub is awesome, but unless I can get a phone with a good screen I might have to return them both for Android phones (I really don't want to).

I'm going to try for my 5th phone tomorrow, but this is getting ridiculous, has anyone else dealt with this issue? What did you do, or what would you do if you were in my situation?
    It is normal. My friend's AT&T Z10 also has some kind of yellowish tint when compared to my T-Mobile Z10. I guess it's only because of different LCD batch/manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 03:47 AM
    Show me it plz take a picture

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 04:30 AM
    I can't take a picture now because I'm out waiting for Costco to open. After really examining this 4th phone I noticed its not as bad as the first 3, but something is still off with the screen. It's a little washed out and text/graphics are not as crisp, also the whites are not as white.

I know I sound picky, but I want it to be right. I had a similar issue with an I Phone in the past.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:02 AM
    Turn it on in the store before you take the next one home.

Never heard of this issue??

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:13 AM
    Besides the yellowish tint, did you try sliding the brightness over to the far right or left? Just curious because I know my fiancees was kinda dull until we slid the brightness up and bam, it was fine after
    08-30-13 10:28 AM
    When you show the phone to others does it appear yellow to them? I have the mildest form of red/green color blindness and my tonal perception is heightened. (I do not see yellow phones, though).
    08-30-13 10:34 AM
    Ok, is the screen yellowish itself, or just the colors? Could be bad screen and could be color calibration issue

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:40 AM
    I tested it at a lower brightness and max brightness. I downloaded a Lcd checker app that displays different colors and something was definitely off.

The Costco employees eventually noticed it after I made them examine the previous phones, and my wife notices it as well.

Hmm, well whites look yellow, reds, blues, and greens look almost blurry or washed out, hard to explain. It's sort of subtle, but if you look carefully its noticeable. I'll update once I've exchanged it again in 45 min.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 11:18 AM
    I bought 2 z10s from amazon, one screen is white white and the other one is yellow, I just returned the yellow screen back to Amazon, hopes they send me the white screen. Also the camera picture is different too. The z10 with white screen has better color picture than the yellow screen. I opened the back of both phones to check, they all the same, they all made in mexico, same model number, everything is the same, except the IEMI number.
    09-23-13 11:49 PM
    Wow. This site is being overrun with fake stories..

-aBBuser
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-24-13 12:20 AM
    Not fake. The the colors of my z10 look more redish whereas my girlfriends z10 shows mire yellowish colors.

For us it's fine and you can only see it if you hold them next to each other.

I have the black one, she has the white version. Do they use different panels depending on the color?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:20 AM
    Not fake. The the colors of my z10 look more redish whereas my girlfriends z10 shows mire yellowish colors.

For us it's fine and you can only see it if you hold them next to each other.

I have the black one, she has the white version. Do they use different panels depending on the color?

Posted via CB10
    I thought I read somewhere, that they also vary slightly in SIZE - that the white unit and black unit are not quite the exact same size (and the screen's might vary slightly, too). Was it one of those "tear down (disassemble) the z10" sites?
    09-24-13 09:29 AM