"This file contains an unsupported media format" error when trying to listen to music in car-img_20140304_143828.png
    My Z10 is a STL100-4 running on 10.2.1.537 with Verizon. To listen to music in my car I use an FM transmitter and connect my phone via an aux cable. It only started giving me this error a few days ago, other than that I was previously able to use my phone as a music player in my car normally without any issues. I have restarted my phone many times and it doesn't remedy the situation. I tested the headphone jack with headphones and just on its own and it works normally. Perhaps my phone maybe doesn't like my FM transmitter anymore?

Can anyone help or know what the error is?
    03-04-14 06:51 PM
    Sometimes I get the same message for certain songs that I'm trying to stream via DLNA to my Soundbridge. And I don't know why it's only sometimes, however it's always the same songs that are affected

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 08:13 PM
    Have you tried deleting the file and adding it back on the device?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 11:59 PM
    If the problem still exist, I would recommend side loading the Android Music Player App.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 12:02 AM
    Have you tried deleting the file and adding it back on the device?

Posted via CB10
    The music plays fine on the music player, the only case it doesn't is when it's connected to the FM transmitter! So not sure if deleting and putting them back on would do much :/ But I will try your suggestion of sideloading the Android Music Player.
    03-05-14 12:15 AM
    I only get that message when I try to play a song I bought on iTunes... are the songs you are trying to listen to from iTunes? if so then you will have to convert them to the right format which is a bit of a process.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 03:31 AM
    I only get that message when I try to play a song I bought on iTunes... are the songs you are trying to listen to from iTunes? if so then you will have to convert them to the right format which is a bit of a process.

Posted via CB10
    It happens to every single media file I have on my music player, but only when I'm connected to my FM transmitter. All of the files play perfectly when not connected to the transmitter. Most of the files were ripped using iTunes (I own the CDs), so the wrong file type or DRM-related things shouldn't be the issue.

I'm wondering if this issue might have to do with me having my music on my micro-SD card? I'm using the same one that came with my Torch 9850. Or possibly just a compatibility issue with my transmitter and 10.2.1, because I've never had problems with my phone not working on the transmitter until after I installed it.
    03-05-14 04:00 AM
    Well, i'm curious how you managed to connect it with an fm transmitter AND an aux cable... i always thought you had a choice of either one, besides, i've always read that using an aux cable is a lot better since you would not get interference, try using one instead of the other, or I would try using a different fm transmitter and see if that does anything (doubtful, but it wouldn't hurt to rule it out)... i also use an fm transmitter without a problem... if that does nothing then i would go and check which songs aren't actual mp3's and convert one and see if it plays WITH your transmitter connected...if it does, then you found your solution.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 01:46 PM
    Well, i'm curious how you managed to connect it with an fm transmitter AND an aux cable... i always thought you had a choice of either one, besides, i've always read that using an aux cable is a lot better since you would not get interference, try using one instead of the other, or I would try using a different fm transmitter and see if that does anything (doubtful, but it wouldn't hurt to rule it out)... i also use an fm transmitter without a problem... if that does nothing then i would go and check which songs aren't actual mp3's and convert one and see if it plays WITH your transmitter connected...if it does, then you found your solution.

Posted via CB10
    The FM transmitter I use is an old one where you have to get the aux cable separately to plug into it, I wish I could just use an aux cable alone! Although it's nice because if you go on long car rides and people in the back want to change something they can reach so long as the aux cable is long enough. Maybe my transmitter is at its dying stages, so it wouldn't hurt to try a new one! Thanks for the suggestion.
    03-05-14 03:19 PM
    Accident post
    Attached Thumbnails "This file contains an unsupported media format" error when trying to listen to music in car-img_20150311_170255.jpg  
    03-11-15 04:02 PM
    All of a sudden my bbz30 won't play any of my music. Unsupported media format error. I've restarted my phone and took out the SD card. I'm wondering if I inadvertently deleted a file in my file manager. Please help!!
    06-09-15 12:25 PM
    I've been having this issue lately. Happened twice within the last 2 weeks, again today. A restart always solves the problem but it is very annoying.
    09-01-15 11:11 PM
    Ive had this error message from time to time too, but i get it to play anyway and i'm not sure i can correctly remember the exact sequence of events, will correct this later if i remember.

It seems to start if i am either playing a FLAC file or more frequently when playing a specific radio show i have downloaded, "caravan to midnight." the BROWSER where i am seeing the Downloads folder is where it happens. I close the browser and go open it from the File Manager where it works fine.

When the native player does this on FLAC songs, I can open them in Neutron.

I dont know if this info is helpful.

EDIT: i dont know if it was clear i mean I try to OPEN the item from the Downloads folder in the browser, and if it gives me the error i go open it fine from the File Manager.
    09-01-15 11:44 PM
    Ive had this error message from time to time too, but i get it to play anyway and i'm not sure i can correctly remember the exact sequence of events, will correct this later if i remember.

It seems to start if i am either playing a FLAC file or more frequently when playing a specific radio show i have downloaded, "caravan to midnight." the BROWSER where i am seeing the Downloads folder is where it happens. I close the browser and go open it from the File Manager where it works fine.

When the native player does this on FLAC songs, I can open them in Neutron.

I dont know if this info is helpful.

EDIT: i dont know if it was clear i mean I try to OPEN the item from the Downloads folder in the browser, and if it gives me the error i go open it fine from the File Manager.
    Now that you mention that, it might have something to do with bPod. I refreshed my podcasts an hour before trying to play some music in the music app then got that error msg. None of my songs play when that error happen. Can't even play them through file manager.
    09-02-15 10:15 AM
    This is downloading to the media card, not the device, if that matters.
    09-02-15 11:38 PM