I've been struggling for two days to move contacts to the Z10 from my 9800. For anyone having same issues hope this helps.
    What didnt work : BB link from 9800 to Z10 only copied some items and 1 contact
    Bluetooth same results, copied same 1 contact out of 381!
    Wiped phone started over same results.
    Used Blackberry desktop software and tried several things, full backup then Link restore,
    tried backing up just contacts and emailing the BBB file to Z10
    BUT!!! What finally worked and I can't say why because I already tried was to just back up the contacts then go to Blackberry link and click the settings gear on top right then on
    middle left clicked restore device data then selected the backup file (but heres the new trick) instead of clicking restore all data, go under that and click address book - all entries.
    I had done this probably 3 times but I logically was selecting the first box to restore all. DON'T!! Just select the individual file. I havent tried this with calender yet but am relieved it worked. Hopefully this helps some of you that have, like me tried everything the manuals say.
    02-06-13 11:32 AM
    I've been struggling for two days to move contacts to the Z10 from my 9800. For anyone having same issues hope this helps.
    What didnt work : BB link from 9800 to Z10 only copied some items and 1 contact
    Bluetooth same results, copied same 1 contact out of 381!
    Wiped phone started over same results.
    Used Blackberry desktop software and tried several things, full backup then Link restore,
    tried backing up just contacts and emailing the BBB file to Z10
    BUT!!! What finally worked and I can't say why because I already tried was to just back up the contacts then go to Blackberry link and click the settings gear on top right then on
    middle left clicked restore device data then selected the backup file (but heres the new trick) instead of clicking restore all data, go under that and click address book - all entries.
    I had done this probably 3 times but I logically was selecting the first box to restore all. DON'T!! Just select the individual file. I havent tried this with calender yet but am relieved it worked. Hopefully this helps some of you that have, like me tried everything the manuals say.
    Thanks, I guess I did good when I backed up my 9800 before wiping it out.
    02-06-13 11:52 AM
    Going to try this now, wasted 3 hours this morning and several attempts but only about 100 of 685 contacts migrated, please, please work
    02-06-13 01:20 PM
    Same issue! Talked to 4 others having this same problem. This is brutal....contacts not transferring and my calendar app crashes when opened.
    02-06-13 02:18 PM
    Nope That didn't do the trick.
    02-06-13 06:21 PM
    I've been struggling with this too, are you saying you were able to open you 9800 backup with BlackBerry Link software

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-06-13 06:26 PM
    I've been struggling with this too, are you saying you were able to open you 9800 backup with BlackBerry Link software
    Yes you can open a 9800 backup with Linked. Thats how I loaded everything and it worked just fine but you have to wait after its says complete for the phone to process all the contacts and such.
    jrobertson73 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:05 PM
    gmail contacts is great.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-06-13 07:07 PM
    Thnx!! Going give that a try now

02-06-13 07:09 PM
    Restoring from backup made no difference.

02-06-13 07:25 PM
    OR like the rest have said, Turn bluetooth on for both devices, Pair them both together, Then transfer contacts. That is how i did it for 425 contacts i have.
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    02-06-13 07:28 PM
    Tried that long ago

02-06-13 07:31 PM
    Tried that long ago

It did not work? Hmm does not make any sense as many of us did this & worked out for us.
    02-06-13 07:36 PM
    I'm now nuking all my accounts, gotta admit this has me a little frustrated. Hate to see how non techie deal with the switch

02-06-13 07:50 PM
    Killed everything attempted restore, it goes through but nothing in the contacts

02-06-13 08:19 PM

Seriously... there are really problems with the contact list. It doesn't even SORT alphabetically.. or is it me? LOL

Just look at Andrew, then Andy... Jesus....
    02-06-13 08:23 PM
    Link worked flawlessly for me and my old Storm.

Step one Install BB Link.
    Step 2 connect Z10.
    Step 3 connect old device (my storm)
    Step 4 follow prompts to transfer contacts. (phone, BBM, etc)
    Step 5 re-connect Z10 to complete transfer.
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    02-06-13 08:26 PM
    I tried that 3 times, it didn't work, and I rebooted, what do you know.., I have the contact list populated and now I have triple copy of each entry
    02-06-13 08:27 PM
    http://www.staronion.com/maiev/img/bb10_sort.png

Seriously... there are really problems with the contact list. It doesn't even SORT alphabetically.. or is it me? LOL

Just look at Andrew, then Andy... Jesus....
    swipe down from top of contacts list, select settings, the first box asks you how to sort your contacts
    02-06-13 08:28 PM
    If this thing didn't cost so much I might give it a toss at the wall to see if that helps lol

02-06-13 08:29 PM
    swipe down from top of contacts list, select settings, the first box asks you how to sort your contacts
    Oh.. because it says "First", and not "First, Last", so it doesn't sort the Last i guess? lol....
    02-06-13 08:30 PM
    gmail contacts is great.
    hahaha i was reading along and wondering if the Link would work with my curve (os6 - doubtful). You just reminded me - i have gmail. whew!
    02-06-13 08:30 PM
    I had the same issue using Bluetooth, with only one contact getting transferred. Today I connected my Z10 to BBLink and while it was charging, I tried the BT 'Transfer Contacts' again. This time it worked!
    I don't know if having it connected was the trick or if I just had to repeatedly try the "Transfer Contacts" until it worked ..... but it finally did.
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    02-06-13 08:53 PM
    What a pain nothing works, guess it's time to start typing them all lol

02-06-13 09:39 PM
    GREAT...........same problem here - tried the restore with no luck.....and guess what, I used the Telus trade in program $50 off for trade and secondary trade program that values your phone (torch 9800) gave me $60 so $110 off my $139 phone on 3 yr term has left me without my old phone to try any other options - have it backed up on two different computers..........and as I type I remember my wife still has her torch that I should be able to backup and restore my data too!
    02-06-13 09:47 PM
34 12