Been a BlackBerry owner for a while. Also had a few iphones and have been impressed with the latest androids. However through and through I've always loved BlackBerry the most. Have a great friendly rivalry amongst my friends. It is used to be 3 bb's vs 4 iphones but now sadly I fight alone. It's still fun though...

Picked up my z10 on Monday. It really is a great kit. Unfortunately it seems I've been unlucky. I think the wireless antenna Is faulty - it connects but cannot hold a wireless signal. A reboot is needed to find the network again. and perhaps even there could be some other hardware fault causing it to lag. I've had my contacts windows freeze in settings mode. Adobe Flash is intermittent within the browser, and when there is no 4G... only 3G... it says there is no network connection.

I know this is not the experience most people have had but I have found a few posts complaining of similar experiences. Is this a QA issue??

Now have to wait a week or so while the phone is 'assessed' by the local shop and then hopefully replaced. I so want this phone to be good. And I dearly hope that it isn't a game of luck when you decide to buy one.

By the way after 3 years of reading crackberry... this is my first post!

Posted via CB10
    DJRikko likes this.
    03-27-13 01:15 AM
    Well....EH333....I hope, like you do that this is a quality control issue and not a fundamental design issue. Where, geographically, do you live...I ask as I wonder whether you are fringe 4G and maybe dropping connection.

If my new Z10 arriving next week does what yours does, I do not have the luxury of time. I will have to go (uuugh!) Apple/Samsung. Pray we don't need that....
    03-27-13 04:23 AM
    Flash is an issue, I have it always on yet sometimes it tells me it's off. Same happened in android so not that fussed.
    03-27-13 04:30 AM
    I'm in Australia. When I'm at work I've got strong 4G. At home only 3G...

Are there issues with not getting strong 4G?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 05:53 AM
    I have had none of the issues you are experiencing at all.... not once. As for the 4G, I know this may sound like a dumb question, but are you sure you live in an area with LTE coverage? Anyway, even if you didn't, the phone would automatically revert to the next best option. I do have LTE but keep my phone on 3G because having the option on drains battery like heck. It should have no problems getting signal otherwise. If it is, I would most definitely say that it's deffective.

As for the "game of luck" statement, I do understand, but unfortunately, when it comes to mass production of electronics, you're going to have this problem no matter what device it is. I used to be a mobile sales rep and it happens lots, you just don't hear about it much unless you go looking for stories.

Good luck with your phone, and hopefully they replace it for you. Also, welcome to the forums!
    03-27-13 06:13 AM
    I've never heard of these issues before, it sounds very isolated to me.

Did you see the news report about the iphones catching fire while they charged, or the other news about the password on iphones getting bypassed with a simple trick from the lock screen? Or the one about the latest malware to infect an android? Should I go on? I could write an essay with this stuff.

You have to wait a week for your phone to be assessed? What's up with that? They always just replace the phone on the spot if it's a warranty issue. Weird.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-27-13 06:18 AM
    Yes I am aware of faults with other phones. Replaced iphones before.

Unfortunately here in Oz that's the way the telcos handle things. You get the customary run around before you can replace a unit. One day - if BlackBerry do reach their aims of being a 'mobile computing' giant... I hope we see some BlackBerry shops popping up ala Apple. I admit Apple are really good when it comes to their hardware faults. You walk in with no receipt, show them the fault... and you walk out with a new device. This has nothing to do with how good their devices are compared with bb. It's purely their infrastructure.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:29 AM