Hi guys. Just recently got my hands on a new BlackBerry Z10. Have a few questions:

1. Is the Twitter app bugged i.e. I am not getting any notifications from there unlike Facebook. Is there a fix for this?

2. I am not getting notifications from my email sub folders (using GMail). Is there a fix for this?

Other than the above two, the phone has been great. I hope these issues can be resolved. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:54 PM
    Any ideas at all on the above guys?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:53 PM
    Congratulations in the phone. First what os are you running, and model number. As far as Gmail, don't think that it supports sub folders. I would venture say that it may be that it doesn't push all folder. I know that yahoo doesn't push sub folders. Don't have a twitter account. Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:02 PM
    You will need to click the three dots in bottom right corner of hub and click on settings.
    1. In HUB Management make sure Twitter notification is turned on.
    2. In Email Accounts you will need to select email account you want to edit and check sub folders you want shown in HUB as shown in the picture. GMAIL, Hotmail, and mail.com allow for sub folders, however, unsure about other email providers.

Few simple questions-img_00000010.png

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:04 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys.

First off, I'm running OS 10.1 release 273. My Twitter settings for notifications are set to on but I'm still not getting any notifications which pretty much forces me to go into the app and refresh my news feed manually. I have tried to delete and recreate the account on my phone but no change.

As for GMail I have checked the folders I want synchronized. So far I have yet to receive any emails in the folders I've just selected. Will see soon enough if checking the boxes did the trick.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:05 AM
    Thanks for the reply guys.

First off, I'm running OS 10.1 release 273. My Twitter settings for notifications are set to on but I'm still not getting any notifications which pretty much forces me to go into the app and refresh my news feed manually. I have tried to delete and recreate the account on my phone but no change.

As for GMail I have checked the folders I want synchronized. So far I have yet to receive any emails in the folders I've just selected. Will see soon enough if checking the boxes did the trick.

Posted via CB10
    It will only show new notifications from the other selected folders...unsure what else to suggest for Twitter as I don't use it...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:09 AM
    The only notifications you'll ever get from Twitter are direct messages and mentions. You don't get notified if something new shows up in your news feed.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:16 AM
    The only notifications you'll ever get from Twitter are direct messages and mentions. You don't get notified if something new shows up in your news feed.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, Shifty88 and everyone who replied.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:07 AM
    Hi guys I'm back with a bit of a status report on the email notifications. I have my folders synching perfectly. The only issue is that unless I go into the specific folder I will not know if I had received anything otherwise i.e. I don't get a notification unless it is something that gets sent into the main inbox. Is this normal or am I missing something here? Highly appreciate feedback on this matter. Thanks in advance, guys!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:44 PM
    It is normal. U only get notifications from inbox.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:01 PM
    Yes the twitter is bugged, for me at least, some reason this update my notifications are coming really late.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:26 PM