04-24-13 12:45 PM
29 12
tools
    I bought the Z10 only because it is a BlackBerry. I could have bought any phone but I am Canadian, and I want to support a Canadian companyy.

I love the phone but I do miss my physical keyboard. The typing mistakes I make on the Z10 drive me nuts.

I don't use apps other than for news and sports. I don't play any games or want to take photos that look like they were taken in 1971. So, the apps issue is irrelevant to me.

I think the people who are avoiding trying the Z10 are missing out. They should at least give it a try if they are eligible for an upgrade.

Just a few realizations I have made since February 5, 2013....
    04-24-13 07:57 AM
    Lately my corrections have gotten bad too. For example, I want to type 'sucks' and it replaces it with ducks or socks.

I need more lessons on making this keyboard work it seems.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:01 AM
    Lately my corrections have gotten bad too. For example, I want to type 'sucks' and it replaces it with ducks or socks.

Posted via CB10
    LOL I know what you mean. Damn you autocrrect! lol
    04-24-13 08:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Clear the learned words!

Posted vai CB10 - STL 100-01
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-24-13 08:15 AM
    Yeah for those having problem with what auto correct "Learned" you can reset that in the settings

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:15 AM
    What you typed is always just above the space bar. Get used to swiping that up when it wants to replace it.
    04-24-13 08:16 AM
    What you typed is always just above the space bar. Get used to swiping that up when it wants to replace it.
    Right, I do that. But now I'm scared because it adds that to learned words. Sometimes I just wanna use that word once.

Also when I typed that word correctly and it autocorrects it into something else, it doesn't let me backspace and use that word.

Lastly, it wants to use its own words. What happened to that "Finger press Learning" thing? They said it will learn how my fingers type for a certain character and the placement of it. Clearly that's not working.

And look above, why did it capitalize the F in the finger and L in the learning when I didn't ask it to? Weird **** man.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:19 AM
    I think the Q is for you!
    04-24-13 09:30 AM
    I bought the Z10 only because it is a BlackBerry. I could have bought any phone but I am Canadian, and I want to support a Canadian companyy.

I love the phone but I do miss my physical keyboard. The typing mistakes I make on the Z10 drive me nuts.

I don't use apps other than for news and sports. I don't play any games or want to take photos that look like they were taken in 1971. So, the apps issue is irrelevant to me.

I think the people who are avoiding trying the Z10 are missing out. They should at least give it a try if they are eligible for an upgrade.

Just a few realizations I have made since February 5, 2013....
    Are you considering the Q10? Just curious. I think I need full screen and love the all touch keyboard personally, but I switched from iPhone, not a BlackBerry QWERTY.

But man, the Q10 looks pretty sweet...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:41 AM
    Are you considering the Q10? Just curious. I think I need full screen and love the all touch keyboard personally, but I switched from iPhone, not a BlackBerry QWERTY.

But man, the Q10 looks pretty sweet...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I am seriously considering getting the Q10. I love, love love my Z10 but I now realize that a full touchscreen may not be for me. The only thing I am concerned about is selling the Z10 to pay off the device balance with Telus, and then having to pay the $199 for the Q on a three year contract. I may be daydreaming here, but I hope to wait a bit until my device balance is a little lower, and hopefully the Q10 will go on sale.
    04-24-13 09:48 AM
    Im still getting used to my keyboard. Very frustrating when im in a hurry.
    04-24-13 09:50 AM
    Right, I do that. But now I'm scared because it adds that to learned words. Sometimes I just wanna use that word once.

Also when I typed that word correctly and it autocorrects it into something else, it doesn't let me backspace and use that word.

Lastly, it wants to use its own words. What happened to that "Finger press Learning" thing? They said it will learn how my fingers type for a certain character and the placement of it. Clearly that's not working.

And look above, why did it capitalize the F in the finger and L in the learning when I didn't ask it to? Weird **** man.

Posted via CB10
    I've found with the backspacing, it depends on how far into the next word you are. Example: if I catch it before I'm a couple letters into the next word, I can backspace it and it will put in the word that I typed, if I've completed the next word, too late.

Again, try clearing the learned words if you're discovering that its replacing weird words.

As for the capital F and L in your previous sentence, its a known issue with quotation marks. It auto-capitalizes any word that is connected to a quotation mark. Again, if you flick the spacebar instead of tapping it, it will leave the letter in lower case.
    04-24-13 09:50 AM
    I never would have though I've give up the full screen but with my PlayBook, I find I rarely use the Zed without the keyboard open. Full screen stuff is done on the PlayBook and communications stuff is done on the Zed. I'm really thinking the Q is a better option for me. More battery is a great place to start.
    04-24-13 09:51 AM
    Edit your personal dictionary.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-24-13 09:54 AM
    Yes, I am seriously considering getting the Q10. I love, love love my Z10 but I now realize that a full touchscreen may not be for me. The only thing I am concerned about is selling the Z10 to pay off the device balance with Telus, and then having to pay the $199 for the Q on a three year contract. I may be daydreaming here, but I hope to wait a bit until my device balance is a little lower, and hopefully the Q10 will go on sale.
    If the Z10 is any indication, the Q10 will definitely drop in price. I think you'd be smart to 'suffer' through a few extra months with the Z10. =)

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:54 AM
    If the Z10 is any indication, the Q10 will definitely drop in price. I think you'd be smart to 'suffer' through a few extra months with the Z10. =)

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I am thinking. Maybe 'cause I am too cheap. lol. But I won't have any problem enjoying my Z10 until then!
    04-24-13 10:09 AM
    It astounds me that so many people on here second guessed themselves on which BB10 to get but jumped on Z10, wishing they had waited for Q10. I guess with age (me) comes more patience: I love my 9900, and would love to get the Q, but still will hold out for more of the features "missing" from legacy BB- including Bridge- to be "reinstated".
    04-24-13 10:38 AM
    If you have trouble with the Z10 keyboard then be happy you're not using an Android or any other system because in my opinion the Z10 virtual keyboard pretty much trumps anyting else for any other system. So be lucky for that at least
    04-24-13 10:57 AM
    Just turn off auto correction and trust your spelling ability
    04-24-13 10:57 AM
    You may what to check if your auto-correct is set to Modest and not aggressive
    04-24-13 10:59 AM
    You may what to check if your auto-correct is set to Modest and not aggressive
    I will definitely do that.

It's not only the mistakes I am frustrated with. It is also that I think I prefer a physical keyboard. I just assumed that there would not be a big difference without physical keys, but in my case there is.
    04-24-13 11:07 AM
    There is a really big difference. The fact that you can not physically feel the keys means it's very very easy to mistype if you're not a bit careful. And make a mess sometimes. I am used to them by now but I also prefered physical keyboards a year ago. But I have adapted and prefer virtual ones now. Specially when they are as awesome as this one. To each their own though!
    04-24-13 11:18 AM
    you know its so true. I only use sports apps and news apps. And of course some social stuff like FB and bbm. There really isnt anything much more I need. I am quite pleased with my zed10. and now i love one handed typing ahaha.

edit: yes i also wish to support my Canadian companies
    04-24-13 11:29 AM
    I turned off word prediction and a few other things ,too distracting and annoying. The words for swiping are to small to read easily so I never even tried, plus it's would just slow me down moving my thumbs out of the way to read it. Needs more options in turning things off in settings. All I want is auto correct to underline words, for misspelled words, so I can tap it if I want to change it. Auto cap after period and auto ' in abbreviations. Keep it simple. I still get wrong words sitting on my space key after two months, that I then have to stop and remove. Total B.S.

Posted via Z10
    04-24-13 12:04 PM
    I totally agree. Clear the learned words and all should be fixed. But all cellphones make those same autocorrect errors
    04-24-13 12:07 PM
29 12