Hey all, quick question regarding the "turn off push for your email account and set the fetch time for longer to help save battery life" topic.

I turned off push for my email account and set the fetch time to manual, so I thought that would mean that I would not get email notifications unless I go into the email tab and refresh manually. But even though I have it set to manual I am still receiving notifications for new emails I am getting, not right away but maybe minutes after they arrived.

Either fetch email sync means something else or I've spotted a glitch.

Some information would be gladly appreciated thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:18 PM
    That's really interesting. That's how I understand manual fetch as well. I can't answer your question, but I've set one of my email accounts to manual fetch to test it out to see if I can replicate your issue.
    05-28-13 09:53 PM
    How did you get on?
    It's still doing it for me, so I'm quite confused on what to do about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 03:02 AM
    How did you get on?
    It's still doing it for me, so I'm quite confused on what to do about it.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry! I actually forgot about this experiment! I've still been reading those emails on my Nexus so I forgot that I had them set to fetch on the Z10. So, I fetched them manually a bit ago, and they all came to the phone. Not one slipped through the cracks when I had it set to fetch. I'm not sure what to tell you at this point! It sounds like you're doing things right.
    06-02-13 12:04 PM
    Hey kiliimanjaro,

I've got the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?
    06-06-13 02:21 PM
    Same problem here. I get push email even if push is disabled. Any solution? Thanks in advance
    07-18-13 08:08 PM
    I also have the same issue...set to manual sync but it still seems to sync automatically.
    07-19-13 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD