Your z10 is utilising SurePress

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:38 AM
    What?

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    03-24-13 06:43 AM
    What?

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    He was joking, that was a reference to the storm that used surepress which was a clickable touch screen.
    03-24-13 08:20 AM
    Ahh. Never had a storm.
    Thanks.

@JamieWilson01 via CB10
    03-24-13 08:22 AM
    Just to give people an update. I actually went to a different Phones4U store and actually had one of the best customer service experiences I have had from one of those stores. My phone was exchanged after a brief call to head office to get an authorisation code to put it through. My new one does not have the click at all and fells more solid. But then my original didnt either and it developed over time...so we'll see how it goes.

Slightly off topic, but something I noticed on my old phone and on my new phone, is if you put the usb port close to your ear, you can hear a feint clicking noise...I am thinking its the NFC contacts so hopefully nothing to worry about since both my phones have done it.
    03-24-13 11:42 AM
    I am definitely disappointed to hear others are having the same problem I am with my Z10. Got mine just after the initial release and discovered a strange click from the bottom left area of the screen last week. I did the same thing as others - took off battery door, turned off phone, etc and the click was still there. Even worse, the click seems to have spread further around the screen in the past day or so and seems more pronounced after using the phone for a prolonged period of time...maybe something related to the screen getting warmer?

Going to take the phone into Rogers in next day or so to get it checked out...worried problem will continue to worsen and cause more headaches down the road. Maybe I'd have better luck driving the phone to Blackberry's head office . I can see the buildings from my work here in Waterloo...fingers crossed this means a possible return/repair is an quicker turnaround.
    04-10-13 08:06 PM
31 12