So I decided to take Thursday and Friday off to make it a four day Easter weekend. Of course the reason to take Thursday off was to wait for FedEx to bring me my highly anticipated Z10, "Before 3 p.m". I kept checking my tracking page often through the morning with no change in status. At about 1 p.m., I'm starting to think that I should have gone into work because it probably wasn't going to arrive early.

I refreshed the tracking page again and there in a bold red font was a message that stated that there was a failed delivery attempt for my package because the address was incorrect! WTF! I picked up my 9850, which I figured would be retired by now and dialed customer support. The customer support representative confirmed that there was definitely a failed delivery attempt. I ask her if I could pick the package up at the FedEx center, although I figured I wouldn't be able to because the day before I had tried to place a hold at center request and was told that the shipping instructions did not allow it.

She confirmed that I could not pick it up at the center but told me that she was going to send a message to the driver, so there was a chance that he may still be able to get back out to my place again today. I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't hold my breath. I figured best case scenario he'll be back this evening, worse case I'm doing this all over again tomorrow.

As I'm finish thanking her and begin to hang up, I see a FedEx truck rolling past my house. I immediately ran to my front door thinking that I'm going to have to chase the driver down and if I'm lucky he'll see me. To my surprise instead of barreling down the block, he comes to a stop in front of my house. It can't be, I just literally hung up with them! But it is! The delivery guy handed me my Verizon package, I signed, and have been playing with my shiny new Z10 since "Before 3 P.m." yesterday. As I said already, FedEx has their sh** together!

Posted via CB10
    theclipart and sosof like this.
    03-29-13 08:07 AM
    You are completely psychotic. Join the club (I was first in line at the AT&T store last Friday to get mine) and enjoy your new Z10!
    06kingranch likes this.
    03-29-13 08:15 AM
    I had a similar experience when I was waiting to have my Bold 9000 delivered some five years ago. Those hours of wait until mid day was a wreck. Enjoy the new toy!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:18 AM
    I'm glad it worked out for you and congrats on your new Z10 hope that you enjoy it.
    I cringe when someone tells me that they have shipped me something FedEx. I have learned that the shipment will be screwed-up somehow. Anyway congratulations.
    03-29-13 08:28 AM
    Similar issue here, the FedEx Web page said on route to depot, one day Express. Three days later, the status hadn't changed and after me calling every hour asking "Where is my Phone" turns out that Rogers created the way bill, but didn't actually send it out. Needless to say that I had it in my hands the next day.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:30 AM
    There is a reason why they have been name one of the top 10 business in the whole world!!!! I recently saw i huge tv special on FedEx. One of the most admired sales forces around!!!
    03-29-13 08:40 AM
    Man, I remember the excitement I felt when the 9000 came out. I kept singing to myself "I wish I had a bold" until my girlfriend at the time finally told me to shut up and go buy one. Paid for it full retail on launch day.
    dphjeff and SK122387 like this.
    03-29-13 08:45 AM
    "FedEx is on point"?!?!? That wasn't the title of my post.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:44 PM
    This story had so much suspense haha glad you got your Z10, OP. Up until the very end, I wasn't sure what was going to happen.
    06kingranch likes this.
    03-29-13 12:52 PM
    OP was more anxious to hold the Z10 than going on the first date cuz on the first date you don't ask to have Thursday & Friday off work ~!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 01:26 PM