Actually some people did report reception quality issues with some of the recent 10.1 versions.

Re: .2354 and reboots - it seemed to fix them for the vast majority of users, probably over 95%. BlackBerry's knowledge base article on the issue now states a specific OS revision level which is supposed to address the issue. (OS version 10.1.0.2050 or above)
    I am in those 5% for whom .2354 did not work. More reboots then on official release, plus discovered “magic rub” reboot when applying some friction to the screen leads to reboot.
    07-15-13 03:43 PM
    Every time I side load an android app my battery kills.. and my phone will randomly reboot. Remove the app, no problem. Grr!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:53 PM
    I am in those 5% for whom .2354 did not work. More reboots then on official release, plus discovered �magic rub� reboot when applying some friction to the screen leads to reboot.
    Sounds like you have hardware issues.
    07-15-13 05:05 PM
    Sounds like you have hardware issues.
    It is possible but how to be 100% sure? After I got back to official .1720 of my carrier I am not able to do "magic rub" reboot anymore. Yet regular random reboots any time but a bit less frequent.
    07-16-13 02:04 PM
    If you are on AT&T, go to the official 2019 update. If you are on Verizon, go to their headquarters and kick the CEO in the nuts as hard as you can.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:23 PM
    The reception problem I had, was such that every day or two, when I actually looked at the cellular reception, it would be flip-flopping between "No voice service" and my provider name - cycling say once a second or something like that. Only a reboot would cure it. Whilst like that, it wouldn't receive or send texts, or calls.

When the random reboot problem was going on, the phone would probably reboot a 2 or 3 times a day, so this tended to not be as noticable, then, although it was there pretty much from the outset (within the first couple of days I had the handset). As soon as the random reboots went away for me (when .2354 was released, whenever it was) this problem became more of an issue, since my handset was no longer rebooting all by itself - so then I took it upon myself to manually reboot the phone once a day, in an attempt to stave off these reception issues.

But as time has gone on, it's become more frequent, and I'm missing calls and messages because of it - and also, messages I send are failing, and it's not immediately obvious. When I rang my network provider, they diagnosed what I described as being a handset issue, so it's currently with the high-street supplier for repair (over 28 days old, so they won't just automatically replace...)

.2354 definitely cured random reboots for me, though - I was definitely having them before it, and following that update I don't recall once being able to discover an unintended reboot.
    Just as feedback to my reception problems - although not strictly to the topic of this thread, but worthwhile if others are having the same issue - after returning it to my supplier, for their repair process, after diagnosis / testing, they tell me they are returning it to BlackBerry for repair.
    07-18-13 03:13 PM
    Just as feedback to my reception problems - although not strictly to the topic of this thread, but worthwhile if others are having the same issue - after returning it to my supplier, for their repair process, after diagnosis / testing, they tell me they are returning it to BlackBerry for repair.

Thanks for the update.
    07-18-13 07:05 PM
    Just when I couldn't take the random reboots any more and pestering BlackBerry support for a fix as well as my service provider, I checked for an update just after midnight tonight and low and behold there was an official 179MB update waiting for the Z10. It also came through on my friend's Q10 at 168MB. SR - 10.1.0.4181 (used to have 10.1.0.273). I HOPE this officially solves the random reboot problem that I've been having since day one!

A really nice thing I noticed right off the bat was that the startup screen only took about half the time to load than it used to which is really great and a bluetooth transfer of a photo happened almost instantly after hitting send! The screen is also extremely responsive with all of the apps I've loaded including .bar files whereas it seemed like it was getting a little bit sluggish before (6GB free space left). Duplicate contacts are automatically merged and there's a baked in PlayCloud trial when you use the share option.
    Attached Thumbnails FAQ: What changes DO NOT fix the Z10 random rebooting problem for everyone?-img_00000996.jpg   FAQ: What changes DO NOT fix the Z10 random rebooting problem for everyone?-img_00001003.jpg  
    Last edited by BB Z10; 07-30-13 at 05:15 AM.
    07-30-13 02:57 AM
    Just confirming that the .4181 update is rock solid. Faster startup, faster app and gesture response and finally no reboots! Waking up and actually seeing the time still glowing in bedside mode is messing with my mind, lol. Anyway, you can really tell that BB buttoned things up this time around. Since the update was quite large though, it would be nice if they included a change log to peruse. I'd be more than happy to read through it.
    08-01-13 03:04 PM
    Confirm that .4181 fixed my reboot problem, have not had one for 10+ days. I lost all texts on update like many others but for me it was not a problem. I was ready to trade in all texts for NO REBOOT. Interesting if there are somebody who still have random reboot problem assuming latest update was installed?
    08-09-13 10:33 AM
    Confirm that .4181 fixed my reboot problem, have not had one for 10+ days. I lost all texts on update like many others but for me it was not a problem. I was ready to trade in all texts for NO REBOOT. Interesting if there are somebody who still have random reboot problem assuming latest update was installed?
    I found the previous official update (.2354) killed off the random reboots for me - so I've not had them in a while.
    08-09-13 10:48 AM
    I found the previous official update (.2354) killed off the random reboots for me - so I've not had them in a while.
    .2354 was not an official release of my carrier. Leaked .2354 did not work for me, only .4181 did the trick.
    08-10-13 08:21 AM
137 ... 456