Part 1 of this review, wich calls BB 10 the most modern and advanced os, looks on the hardware and usability of the Z10 and compares the camera with the one of the Lumia 920 and Iphone 5. Guess who wins?
    Part 2 is not yet published, but will focus on the software of the Z10. Anyway the overall tone of this review makes clear the reviewer is amazed by the phone.
    Testbericht BlackBerry Z10 Teil 1: Hardware, Betriebssystem und Bedienung [Video] - Telekom Presse
    Last edited by snejpa 001; 01-15-13 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Spell
    01-15-13 05:41 AM
    Its a great piece, seems very optimistic, looks good.
    Having said that, nowhere does he say, at least through Google Translate, that the camera on the Z10 bests the Lumia or the iPhone 5.
    Theres one side by side shot where the iPhone pic is clearly superior, and, worryingly, a night mode shot through the Z10 camera, which is on the page in a small image, ie not blown up, and there is a LOT of noise. It looks awful.
    Really hope thats not a sign of things to come camera wise.
    01-15-13 05:55 AM
    The quality of the video at night is pretty damned impressive!

Si.
    Dirks2.0 likes this.
    01-15-13 06:27 AM
    Can I also point out that the guy deleted a message in the BlackBerry Hub without having to confirm... Don't like that, but I guess it's probably a parameter you can switch on.

Si.
    01-15-13 06:37 AM
    Having said that, nowhere does he say, at least through Google Translate, that the camera on the Z10 bests the Lumia or the iPhone 5.
    Theres one side by side shot where the iPhone pic is clearly superior, and, worryingly, a night mode shot through the Z10 camera, which is on the page in a small image, ie not blown up, and there is a LOT of noise. It looks awful.
    Actually he does the comparison: " Die Kamera macht ganz ausgezeichnete Bilder und schl�gt auch bei schlechtem Licht sowohl das Lumia 920 als auch das iPhone 5 glatt ". The awful image was made with "totally impossible light" (with neons and mirror).
    01-15-13 06:45 AM
    Here's my comment from the other post about this.

Thanks for the vid if I read correctly on their site they said the battery is 2100 mAh this is the first I've seen of this. I hope it's true cause that extra juice would be more than welcomed, Jan 30 needs to hurry up as we get closer it feels like the days are moving so slooow.

Google Translate
    01-15-13 07:29 AM
    Really hope thats not a sign of things to come camera wise.
    If that's the pair showing plants just below the night scene video, they appear to be looking at different plants, different background.... I don't think any comparison is valid.
    01-15-13 08:37 AM
    If that's the pair showing plants just below the night scene video, they appear to be looking at different plants, different background.... I don't think any comparison is valid.
    Thats the one. I thought they were the same plant, same bar underneath, just the Z10 pic was taken from a slightly higher
    angle of the same plant.
    The iPhone pic just seemed crisper.
    The night shot just below that looks really low quality with a lot of noise, but that could be down to the way he uploaded it or summat, I dont know.
    But theyre not great shots.
    The video looks decent, but then all the video I took on my 9900 looked WAY better than the pics with the same device as well.
    01-15-13 09:39 AM
    Can I also point out that the guy deleted a message in the BlackBerry Hub without having to confirm...
    I think this approach is in line with the new UI guidelines for BB10 that try to avoid having the user confirm every deletion. In fact, they distinguish between removing and deleting, with removing something not requiring a confirmation at all. A deletion would trigger a toast after the fact that lets the user undelete for 3 seconds.

Since the reviewer was "deleting" just a phone call notification, I think this would count as removing something and thus not require any confirmation at all.
    01-15-13 10:19 AM
    I don't know, but definitely looks like this thing will multi task like no other OS on the market, which I loved about my old BB's and seems it is even better.

Really good looking phone to boot! Can't wait to test drive one.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    01-15-13 03:35 PM