So workarounds when some functionality should be an out of box experience.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    I think your conception of out of box is slightly fixed on another platform's norms.
    04-03-14 05:03 PM
    Does it work on BB10?
    It should. There's also BeMaps Pro, a native app which uses Google Maps as its engine.
    04-03-14 05:05 PM
    I think your conception of out of box is slightly fixed on another platform's norms.
    So someone should be side loading and downloading apps from a third party store if they're new to the platform? I don't think so.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Thalestr likes this.
    04-03-14 05:12 PM
    She made some valid points. Pictures are important to young and older people with families. The z10 camera does some thing very well. The iPhone camera does as well...she prefers the iPhone camera. I get that.

As far as the messaging, maybe she should have been put on to BBM, I hear it's "cross platform" now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by drewood66; 05-30-14 at 03:16 PM.
    04-03-14 05:32 PM
    IPhone 5C is such a cheap phone. It's cheap plastic. I had it for two weeks. Hated it. It's a toy for kids. Not a working tool. Notes and calculator are a joke. Good for Candy Crush I suppose.

Posted via TheBATberry Q10
    valleyag, CerveloJohn and neo158 like this.
    04-03-14 05:36 PM
    You really must change the title, he downgraded to a IPhone.

Posted via CB10
    neo158 likes this.
    04-03-14 07:15 PM
    Just stop. You have no idea what you're talking about. The issue is the camera is just slower than competing cameras, the software is not as good, and the camera hardware in the phone cannot compete with the dedicated/custom ISP hardware in devices like the GS4/Note 3/HTC One/iPhone.

QC has an ISP integrated into their SoC, but it isn't on par with what those other OEMs are using, and the Z30 uses an old SoC, anyways so it's simply a slower and less capable chip.

The reason why you're seeing what you're seeing is cause the camera is not that great. It has nothing to do with what you're saying, which you cannot even began to justify because you don't have the source code and clearly haven't done the debugging necessary to even get to the point where you can position that as a possible explanation.

Nothing you said makes sense. The phone uses an image processor for the imaging work, which is design specifically for this case. The issue is just the quality of the componentry, the quality of the optics, and the quality of the camera software. All of that is a deficit on BB10 devices.

Expecting the Z10/Z30 to perform on par with Samsung or Apple's camera phones is like expecting Intel HD 4000 Integrated Graphics to perform on par with the latest ATI/Nvideo flagship graphics cards. It's an unreasonable expectation.

The Z30 is using [early] 2013 optics, camera software, and imaging processors. And even then, it wasn't top of the line so yes there is a clear performance disparity compared to the latest flagships.
    Your statement about the soc not being able to keep up makes no sense. Let's think about this. When we got time shift the phone had to take A LOT of pictures very quickly. This means it is capable and the SoC is not to blame. So you stop, your claim against the SoC is absurd. On the other hand I never said the optics were as good or were not to blame. I simply offered a POSSIBLE other explanation. The Z10 flash memory never seemed lightning fast. It's entirely possible it's also the software focusing in some non optimized stupid way. I honestly don't know.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 12:49 PM
    Your statement about the soc not being able to keep up makes no sense. Let's think about this. When we got time shift the phone had to take A LOT of pictures very quickly. This means it is capable and the SoC is not to blame. So you stop, your claim against the SoC is absurd. On the other hand I never said the optics were as good or were not to blame. I simply offered a POSSIBLE other explanation. The Z10 flash memory never seemed lightning fast. It's entirely possible it's also the software focusing in some non optimized stupid way. I honestly don't know.

Posted via CB10
    You don't know what you're talking about so if course it doesn't make sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    04-04-14 01:10 PM
133 ... 456