The iMessage issue I have seen a lot lately around Mobile Nations and on The Verge forums. BlackBerry Maps, you cant search for places like you can with Google Maps with iOS. Bluetooth works better for Android and iOS, I know that from experience. Siri is in fact better than other voice assistants, I still prefer Google Now.
    03-30-14 08:15 AM
    Hmm there are some people that get stuck on the lamest issues and can't get over it. so they just go back to the simple easy stuff...
    When one phone doesn't sync with her vehicle's bluetooth but the other does, that's such a lame reason to switch.
    03-30-14 08:29 AM
    Seriously, tired of reading such comments.. Ohh, she should have tried BB for few more days.. Ohhh, she made a correct decision of switching to iOS . Relax guys.. Companies are already putting their arses in winning the war.. Why getting in between.. ? Lol
    Relax and enjoy!

Peace out
    03-30-14 08:35 AM
    Tbh iPhone don't "just works". I get a headache trying to figure out stuff on my mum's iPhone sometimes. Like, oh where do you switch on blue tooth?

Navigating through emails is an absolutely terrible experience.

How do you copy the photos you want and send it to someone? Especially when you want to reply instead of sending it from inside the app? How do you attach pdf + photos?

How do people live with that movable home button around their screen?

Posted via CB10
    CpE CKS and leejayh like this.
    03-30-14 08:41 AM
    Tbh iPhone don't "just works". I get a headache trying to figure out stuff on my mum's iPhone sometimes. Like, oh where do you switch on blue tooth?

Navigating through emails is an absolutely terrible experience.

How do you copy the photos you want and send it to someone? Especially when you want to reply instead of sending it from inside the app? How do you attach pdf + photos?

How do people live with that movable home button around their screen?

Posted via CB10
    That is true. Messing with copying files around or anything with the filesystem was hell when I had an iPod. Downloading files was the same way.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:20 AM
    I've had zero issues syncing my Z10 with the Bluetooth systems in recent vehicles. The car computer basically takes over the phone when they're in range of each other and paired.

Issues with iMessage are 97% because of the willful ignorance of the users. If you don't turn iMessage off (with an internet connection so Apple knows you did this) before you use a different phone, nothing on Apple's side will tell other iMessage users that their messages cannot be delivered to your iMessage ID number. I have to deal with this idiocy on a daily basis.

The old icon for Apple Maps had directed the driver to turn right, OFF OF AN OVERPASS, ONTO THE ROAD BELOW. That, and the fact that the application was terrible enough to get Apple to fire someone to save face, means that ANY alternative is superior. BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps/Navigator are excellent. BlackBerry Maps takes excellent dictation, provided you don't talk like you've got marbles in your mouth, and a metal bar driven through your head.

Apple products tend to attract the type of person who refuses to recognize that web browsers have address bars. They will often intentionally fail to use alternatives, claiming that these operating systems or user interfaces are "too difficult" or "don't make sense". This is similar to people who make the same claims about mathematics and science.
    J Morehouse and BionicKris like this.
    03-30-14 10:48 AM
    I'm really surprised that so many of you can figure out a BlackBerry but couldn't do the same with an iPhone. My last phone was an iphone 5 and I will most likely go back when the next one drops. Both phones work extremely well for what they are designed for. I own apple everything except for this phone and I love how it all works together and syncs without me actually having to do anything. That allows more time for me to do things I enjoy. Other than having a physical keyboard I haven't found how BlackBerry is better than an iPhone. App support for us is almost non existant. So really there is just email since bbm is cross-platform now. Oh, and we have a company that may not make it. Are either phones bad? No, except to all the haters.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:13 AM
    I've had zero issues syncing my Z10 with the Bluetooth systems in recent vehicles. The car computer basically takes over the phone when they're in range of each other and paired.

Issues with iMessage are 97% because of the willful ignorance of the users. If you don't turn iMessage off (with an internet connection so Apple knows you did this) before you use a different phone, nothing on Apple's side will tell other iMessage users that their messages cannot be delivered to your iMessage ID number. I have to deal with this idiocy on a daily basis.

The old icon for Apple Maps had directed the driver to turn right, OFF OF AN OVERPASS, ONTO THE ROAD BELOW. That, and the fact that the application was terrible enough to get Apple to fire someone to save face, means that ANY alternative is superior. BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps/Navigator are excellent. BlackBerry Maps takes excellent dictation, provided you don't talk like you've got marbles in your mouth, and a metal bar driven through your head.

Apple products tend to attract the type of person who refuses to recognize that web browsers have address bars. They will often intentionally fail to use alternatives, claiming that these operating systems or user interfaces are "too difficult" or "don't make sense". This is similar to people who make the same claims about mathematics and science.
    I don't even....

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-30-14 11:15 AM
    The honest truth is that the majority of people want a phone that "just works". They don't want to learn, they don't want to side load, they don't want to have to restart the phone, they don't want to deal with a company that may or may not exist in a couple years.

The iPhone "just works". Practically any person from age 3 to 103 can pick up an iphone and use it.

I'm a huge blackberry fan but I can see and understand why people want an iphone. It "just works". It's dead simple to use. And on top of that you have their marketing dept doing an amazing job at telling everybody that it is the cool phone with all the cool features.

Via CBZ10 10.3.1.140 baby
    I still have friends who struggle with simple tasks on their iPhones. Made me wonder what the next downgrade is from the iPhones.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-30-14 11:47 AM
    [QUOTE=A895;10184311

Bluetooth works better for Android and iOS,

Have you tried pairing an iPhone with another Android or BlackBerry? Does not work. I have to email an mp3 file to my friend so that she can download into her iPhone 4s. No NFC either.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-30-14 11:51 AM
    You must have a strange definition of the word upgrade. No matter. Choice is good. I chose a Z10. If I thought the iProduct was better I would buy it. Some of my kids love 'em. Your family member also chose otherwise. Good for them. People need to use what is best for them.
    03-30-14 12:02 PM
    Family member tried the Z10 for two weeks then upgraded to an iPhone 5C.
    Her reason is because it couldn't do all the things an iPhone could do.
    So??? Her personal reasoning sounds good to me.....
    If that's what she's comfortable with, that's what she's comfortable with. Why create this thread???
    My mother changed from a Whirlpool dishwasher to a Bosch.
    My sister changed from driving a Ford to a new Dodge.
    My father changed from his long time doctor to another that was closer due to the commute.
    I know some people that changed from shopping at Lowe's to shopping Home Depot.
    I didn't have to run to all of these sites and post about it. But, that's just me. Not trying to be mean. Just being real.
    Be Blessed. Hope you feel better about other people's choices soon. It's an unnecessary heavy weight to bear.

Excuse me while I sift through all of these meaningless threads to find substantial helpful information...
    TGR1 and 21stNow like this.
    03-30-14 12:06 PM
    [QUOTE=BBUniq01;10185071][QUOTE=A895;10184311

Bluetooth works better for Android and iOS,

Have you tried pairing an iPhone with another Android or BlackBerry? Does not work. I have to email an mp3 file to my friend so that she can download into her iPhone 4s. No NFC either.

Loving my Zed 10!![/QUOTE]

What? That had nothing to do with I said. We were talking about pairing a android or iOS device and a car with Bluetooth.

03-30-14 12:42 PM
    My wife had the imesseage issue when she gave up her iPhone and got a z10. Had to have AT&T shut it off. Hope she enjoys her phone

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2234 on AT&T
    Oh my goodness, this is so good to know. I had an iPhone and I'm still unable to receive texts from other iPhone users. So stupid. So did your wife just call AT&T and let them know? When I got my Q10, I called to have them activate and whatnot thinking I wouldn't have the imessage issue...but apparently it still is. My dad tells me he texts me and I don't respond, and it's because I am not receiving the texts! I suppose I'll call AT&T first thing Monday.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:19 PM
    Her reason is because it couldn't do all the things an iPhone could do. Examples include:

She couldn't get text messages from iPhone users (I told her this would be an issue and tried to fix it for her but could only do so much since she lives halfway across the country).

She couldn't figure out how to sync it via bluetooth to her car.

Siri

Maps

The delay between "taking a picture" and actually having it take the picture.

---

I'm mostly pissed at Apple for hijacking people's phone with iMessage. I'm sure that was a huge paint point.

Bluetooth - I'm not sure. I wish she had just called me for help here.

Siri - yeah, the equivalent on BlackBerry sucks. I agree with her here. I hope the Intelligent Assistant is going to blow Siri out of the water but who knows.

The delay. Yes, it exists and yes, it's annoying.

Posted via my amazing Q10
    That annoying delay is actually a feature to prevent people taking blurry, out of focus pics. The phone makes sure the image is auto focused before taking the pic. It's a brilliant feature. It was added into the OS after an update. Some people just don't have time to try to understand and appreciate the way tech works. To those who know, BB10 is a very productive and thoughtfully designed OS. To the others they just don't know better so they really can't conceive that there is much better than the current iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Try sharing a song on a Samsung Galaxy S4 vs sharing a song using a Z10, on BB10 is miles ahead simpler and something that we might take for granted. By the way, to my knowledge, that's impossible to do on an iOS device currently, unless it's jailbroken. There are countless examples like this but iOS, Android and Windows Phone are quickly catching up in their respective weak areas compared to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 03-30-14 at 02:10 PM.
    03-30-14 01:54 PM
    Wait. If she had gotten an OS7 phone she definitely would have stayed!

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    03-30-14 01:58 PM
    That annoying delay is actually a feature to prevent people taking blurry, out of focus pics. The phone makes sure the image is auto focused before taking the pic. It's a brilliant feature. It was added into the OS after an update. Some people just don't have time to try to understand and appreciate the way tech works. To those who know, BB10 is a very productive and thoughtfully designed OS. To the others they just don't know better so they really can't conceive that there is much better than the current iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Try sharing a song on a Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Sharing a song using a Z10, BB 10 is miles simpler at doing something that we might take for granted. By the way, to my knowledge, that's impossible to do on an iOS device currently, unless it's jailbroken. There are countless examples like this but iOS, Android and Windows Phone are quickly catching up in their respective weak areas compared to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    So blackberry does something better than android beam? Android has had NFC share since 4.0. Samsung actually does it one better by sharing stuff instantly with other Samsung devices, and Droid Zap let's android users share files quickly too. I don't know how much easier sharing can be. What are the weak areas in android?

03-30-14 02:09 PM
    The picture delay isn't really a delay. If you use the camera you'll notice it will take a picture of what you saw when you hit the button but it will appear to be taking a picture of a moment later.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:13 PM
    Oh my goodness, this is so good to know. I had an iPhone and I'm still unable to receive texts from other iPhone users. So stupid. So did your wife just call AT&T and let them know? When I got my Q10, I called to have them activate and whatnot thinking I wouldn't have the imessage issue...but apparently it still is. My dad tells me he texts me and I don't respond, and it's because I am not receiving the texts! I suppose I'll call AT&T first thing Monday.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah actually I called for her. I just told them she now has a z10 and we need to shut the imesseage off. They had me turn her z10 off, then they had me open up a page in the iPhone and turn something off there, then she said wait, she did something then we turned the z10 back on and bam. We had it. For her to receive a text from her mom who has a iPhone, her mom had to go to her AT&T have them do something. I'm not for sure what. I'm guessing they had her end the chat so it would start over.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2234 on AT&T
    03-30-14 04:01 PM
    Texts should come through with out any problems imessages can only be used between iPhones and if she doesn't like blackberry she is missing out on some good stuff the OS is well ahead of ios

Posted via CB10
    yeah but if the person sending the message is using and iphone and their contact that they are sending a message to had iMessage at some point it'll only send it via iMessage and not to the contacts phone number via SMS, not sure if Apple has fixed this but this had always been an issues for those switchign to any other phone besides an iPhone
    03-30-14 04:20 PM
    I'm really surprised that so many of you can figure out a BlackBerry but couldn't do the same with an iPhone. My last phone was an iphone 5 and I will most likely go back when the next one drops. Both phones work extremely well for what they are designed for. I own apple everything except for this phone and I love how it all works together and syncs without me actually having to do anything. That allows more time for me to do things I enjoy. Other than having a physical keyboard I haven't found how BlackBerry is better than an iPhone. App support for us is almost non existant. So really there is just email since bbm is cross-platform now. Oh, and we have a company that may not make it. Are either phones bad? No, except to all the haters.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing wrong with you loving your iPhone but please don't start to talk gibberish because it seems you feel compelled to justify why you prefer your phone. To each their own. What app support are you talking about?
    03-30-14 04:23 PM
    OP, you shouldn't feel bad or pissed because there is nothing wrong with your friend choosing iPhone. DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.
    MADBRADNYC and devin266 like this.
    03-30-14 04:25 PM
    When I had the issue with iMessages, which still happens a little every now and then, Apple told me that it is caused by the flash memory on my wife's iPhone. It still recognizes my number as an iMessage number and sends it out that way, which goes directly to the apple servers. There are a few things that can be done, but I would suggest calling Apple directly.
    03-30-14 05:43 PM
    Almost every person I have seen that has brushed off BlackBerry is because they can't be bothered to learn something different

Posted via Z10
    Yep! It used to infuriate me to no end when my wife would pick up a BlackBerry and not be able to do ANYTHING. And I'm talking about even using the browser! It's like she couldn't grasp that iPhone wasn't the only device that had pinch-to-zoom. She wouldn't even want to be bothered to just LOOK for something on the phone!

Thankfully, though, I finally have her converted to a Z10 as her personal phone. She did, however, go from a Galaxy S4 back to an iPhone for work. She just insists on being an Applehead.

(Black Z10. Because the Blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use.)
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-30-14 05:46 PM
    Yep! It used to infuriate me to no end when my wife would pick up a BlackBerry and not be able to do ANYTHING. And I'm talking about even using the browser! It's like she couldn't grasp that iPhone wasn't the only device that had pinch-to-zoom. She wouldn't even want to be bothered to just LOOK for something on the phone!

Thankfully, though, I finally have her converted to a Z10 as her personal phone. She did, however, go from a Galaxy S4 back to an iPhone for work. She just insists on being an Applehead.

(Black Z10. Because the Blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use.)
    Converted? Is this a cult?

TGR1 likes this.
    03-30-14 05:52 PM
133 1234 ...