First I am not a hater of Apple, Android or BB. In fact in the house we have them all and we all own the latest iPod and I have the 2012 HTC One X as well as the Z10.

Anyway, since my first iPhone I have been an avid user of iTunes for music and have a music library in the thousands. I was bothered by the fact that I couldn't play music I had paid for on other devices in the house unless I had iTunes installed but I did get used to it. However, now that I have had the Z10 I find myself buying more and more music on Blackberry World, and since Feb 5th, when I picked it up, I haven't bought one song off iTunes. The only reason for this to be honest is because it is the device I have in mind hands most often.

But here is why I am falling out of love with iTunes: Last night I was curious if music I purchased on BB World could be played on any of the other devices we have in the house - Android and Apple products. The answer is yes to Android and no to Apple and yes to any of the lap tops in the house. The way I see it, if I pay for the music, I should be able to play it on any of the devices that I personally own. Because of Apple's proprietary system, I can't see myself wanting to purchase anymore music from iTunes.
    04-07-13 09:07 AM
    This is the main reason I stopped using iTunes as well. I love being able to buy a song and have the options to move it to what ever device I want.
    04-07-13 09:19 AM
    BlackBerry music is DRM free, just like Amazon's MP3 store, so you can transfer and play music anyone on any device.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    04-07-13 09:24 AM
    My Z10 is able to play all the songs I purchased through iTunes though

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-07-13 09:39 AM
    But here is why I am falling out of love with iTunes: Last night I was curious if music I purchased on BB World could be played on any of the other devices we have in the house - Android and Apple products. The answer is yes to Android and no to Apple and yes to any of the lap tops in the house. The way I see it, if I pay for the music, I should be able to play it on any of the devices that I personally own. Because of Apple's proprietary system, I can't see myself wanting to purchase anymore music from iTunes.
    I'd be curious to see exactly what it is you purchased that won't play. Apart from FLAC iTunes will play just about anything that's mainstream. Besides, if you are correct, and iTunes purchases play anywhere, but BB World's do not, what's the point of boycotting the iTunes store?
    04-07-13 09:49 AM
    How can I move the songs from my Ipod to the Z10. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-07-13 09:51 AM
    I hate everything about iTunes but I have been able to play purchased music on any device.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:56 AM
    What gets me is pretty much every digital copy of a movie has to be downloaded through iTunes. iTunes has placed DRM in the digital copies of movies that are redeemed through iTunes so that the only portable devices that it can be played in are Apple portable devices (iPad, iPhone, etc). I cannot get any of the digital copies of movies I PAID FOR to work on the PlayBook, the Z10 or any of the other devices I own, making the digital copies worthless.

I could pay for a program that can convert them, but then it defeats the purpose of a free digital copy included with the movie. It's a shame we've gotten to that point where companies are being so proprietary that it's preventing people from using files they have lgally purchased in the manner they choose.

Note that when I say digital copy I am referring to the copy of movies I have physically bought the blu-ray/DVD for.

JB
    shaleem, guerllamo7 and SDTRMG like this.
    04-07-13 10:02 AM
    Apple and iTunes is no doubt the most selfish friend we all have. We just have to remember that fact... and treat that friend accordingly.

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10
    04-07-13 10:14 AM
    This is one of the major reasons why I hate iTunes... it's completely exclusive. On top of that, I recently got myself into the Google Play music service.. ERMEHGERD I love that service!!

I just wish there was an app that would allow streaming from the google play service onto a Z10... just one more bonus reason for me saving up for that wonderful device!
    04-07-13 10:18 AM
    I don't know I'd someone mentioned this but here we go.

When I bought my Z10 the first thing I did was transfer all my iTunes songs over. You need to go to Blackberry World and download the app (for a small price) Sync for iTunes. With this app you can transfer everything over to your Z10.

Hope this helps you out.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:22 AM
    I transferred all music files over wifi file sharing from my PC to my Z10 to my SD card. No problem at all... you need no app for this...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 10:53 AM
    I'm completely confused here. I've never had an issue playing iTunes music on other (non Apple) devices.
    04-07-13 10:58 AM
    EIther have i?? I'm not sure if i am missing something. I have always been able to play itunes music on any platform.
    04-07-13 11:06 AM

When I bought my Z10 the first thing I did was transfer all my iTunes songs over. You need to go to Blackberry World and download the app (for a small price) Sync for iTunes. With this app you can transfer everything over to your Z10.

Hope this helps you out.

Posted via CB10
    You can point Link to your iTunes library, and it'll sync all your music. No need to purchase an app for it.
    04-07-13 12:24 PM
    I'm completely confused here. I've never had an issue playing iTunes music on other (non Apple) devices.
    That's because iTunes music isn't DRM anymore. It hasn't been for 5+ years. Ever since they switched to 256kbps the DRM has been removed.

Half of the music on my Z10 is from iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    mset likes this.
    04-07-13 12:37 PM
    Apple and iTunes is no doubt the most selfish friend we all have. We just have to remember that fact... and treat that friend accordingly.

Posted via CB10 / Verizon Z10
    It's not a selfish friend, it is a totalitarian regime like a former USSR or current North Korea. You do what supreme leader (Apple) tells you to do.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:45 PM
    ITunes has always been bad, drag and drop is much easier.

Posted via CB10
    FantomLightning likes this.
    04-07-13 03:46 PM
    I am able to play purchased music on iTunes on my Z10 no problem. Movies, on the other hand, are a different matter
    04-07-13 03:51 PM
    I just tried syncing iTunes again and a lot of music purchased through iTunes won't come through. I can copy and paste the files and those files will play but the properties aren't right.

What I probably should have explained in more detail is that my Android devices picked up my Z10 on Blue tooth and I was able to transfer music files easily. I tried doing same with my iPod and no way, wouldn't work.

So I have 3 devices with music on them. Z10, Android and iPod. File transfers between Android and z10 are no issue on Blue tooth, neither will work with the iPod using blue tooth.
    04-07-13 04:08 PM
    It's not to say that iTunes isn't a bloated piece of gosa but it works. Haven't found media software that comes close
    04-07-13 04:11 PM
    I've come to that conclusion years ago when I had an 3 gen I pod and locked all my music in iTunes, lost my I pod and wanted to get a zune bc the music service was better one monthly price unlimited downloads. And I couldn't use any of my music. On that day I gave up on itunes.... p.s. and I haven't looked back since..

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:22 PM
    I'd be curious to see exactly what it is you purchased that won't play. Apart from FLAC iTunes will play just about anything that's mainstream. Besides, if you are correct, and iTunes purchases play anywhere, but BB World's do not, what's the point of boycotting the iTunes store?
    I think you read what he said wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:39 PM

Hope this helps you out.

Posted via CB10
    Ad in movies?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:42 PM
    I just tried syncing iTunes again and a lot of music purchased through iTunes won't come through. I can copy and paste the files and those files will play but the properties aren't right.

What I probably should have explained in more detail is that my Android devices picked up my Z10 on Blue tooth and I was able to transfer music files easily. I tried doing same with my iPod and no way, wouldn't work.

So I have 3 devices with music on them. Z10, Android and iPod. File transfers between Android and z10 are no issue on Blue tooth, neither will work with the iPod using blue tooth.
    This is very annoying, I had to install box on my iphone/ipad to transfer my music. Having well over 500 songs.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:47 PM
26 12