I tried updating my Z10 to BB 10.1 today via the push notification that was sent to my device. It appears to have successfully downloaded the update but failed on the install. It says, "the software download was intrrupted. Please try again." and the "cancel update button" is unresponsive.

I have done several restarts and several battery pulls today and can't seem to get the update screen to change from the above.

I have connected it to blackberry link, was asked to update blackberry link software which i did successfully.

Now i connect my Z10 to my computer via usb and it says Update available which i've clicked but I get zero progress on the download. It will sit there doing nothing for as long as I will let it.

Help please. I'm getting really annoyed.
    05-14-13 03:29 PM
    The options appear to be
    (a) use BB Link to force a software reload for a rollback to previous (factory) OS then try again. Unfortunately this will also delete all your data so I hope you have a recent backup.
    (b) call your carrier's support line - they pushed the update to you, and they support warranty on a dead device.
    05-14-13 03:34 PM
    Failed Update-img_00000497.png

Same here...if I use BlackBerry Link will I loose IG?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:39 PM
    I've got the same problem on an ST-2 on 10.0.10.90 on O2 in the UK. I think because so many other users are having problems with the update BlackBerry are preventing us from downloading the update. My cancel button is exactly the same.
    Failed Update-img_00000393.png

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:40 PM
    Could the problem be Mac related?
    05-14-13 04:07 PM
    I'm Windows.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:28 PM
    The options appear to be
    (a) use BB Link to force a software reload for a rollback to previous (factory) OS then try again. Unfortunately this will also delete all your data so I hope you have a recent backup.
    (b) call your carrier's support line - they pushed the update to you, and they support warranty on a dead device.
    If the only thing wrong with his phone now is that the update isn't working, he should be able to back it up with Link and then reset it, no need to worry about having a recent backup if he can just make one. The only issue there is whether or not Link decides to be flaky about restoring the backup. I've never had one restore properly, myself. =\
    05-14-13 05:31 PM
    If the only thing wrong with his phone now is that the update isn't working, he should be able to back it up with Link and then reset it, no need to worry about having a recent backup if he can just make one. The only issue there is whether or not Link decides to be flaky about restoring the backup. I've never had one restore properly, myself. =\
    hook your phone up to link and update...simple as that. No need to wipe the phone or call carrier. Happen to me today too.
    05-14-13 05:59 PM
    hook your phone up to link and update...simple as that. No need to wipe the phone or call carrier. Happen to me today too.
    Didn't work for me.Link fails as well...
    05-14-13 07:17 PM
    I am having the same problem. I will try link and see if that works.

I had one of the leaks loaded on this phone, but I don't think it is related if other people are having the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:23 PM
    Link fails and I can't backup.
    05-14-13 07:25 PM
    An update isn't available today - at least not for AT&T in Atlanta. Moreover, the device has turned to cr@p today. Three reboots, a freeze and something went wrong with the visual voice mail. A page randomly pops up asking for my visual voicemail password. I've check but never have any voicemail messages. What's up with that?

I went back to Best Buy today after the third reboot and almost shoved the phone up the manager's azz. He didn't know what to do because in the last month - since the phone first came out on AT&T - they've sold SEVEN phones!!! SEVEN!! They said they'd exchange the phone but asked that I wait for the update just to see if that resolves problems. I'll give it two more days. I'm REALLY close to calling it quits with Blackberry.
    05-14-13 07:37 PM
    So I was having this same problem with Link and OTA update, I went to BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - Canada

Then rebooted the phone by the power key and hit check for update it took a couple of tries but now its loading, the green led is on and the progress bar is moving....
    05-14-13 08:09 PM
    Use the online update then it will work for you. Got to blackberry site on a windows computer and use ie or Firefox.

I found with one of my Z10 the reason it would jot work was that there was not enough space in the Z10 and when I tried it from the website it told me there was not not enough. Deleted files and voil it updated.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 08:21 PM
    How much space did you have to delete?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 01:59 AM
    Use the online update then it will work for you. Got to blackberry site on a windows computer and use ie or Firefox.

I found with one of my Z10 the reason it would jot work was that there was not enough space in the Z10 and when I tried it from the website it told me there was not not enough. Deleted files and voil it updated.

Posted via CB10
    Yes online update does work well

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-15-13 04:58 AM
    I cleared the browser history and cookies and other data . About 4 gigs. But if you try the online upgrade it will tell you if you have enough space. Hope it works for you

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    05-15-13 05:00 AM