I'd like to see commercials showing off the Hub,Gestures ,Time shift.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-28-13 01:42 AM
    OMG

We have a word for that in german:
    "Fremdsch�men"

Means:
    vicarious embarrassment Fremdsch�men {n} [ugs.]
    neol. to feel embarrassed for sb. else

I am feeling embarrassed for someone else right now.
    03-28-13 02:18 AM
    totally thought it was fake...unfortunately it wasn't
    03-28-13 02:27 AM
    *facepalm* z10 Web commercial by BlackBerry-fuck-shit.jpg

Posted via a toaster.
    ErinnM, R Field and Midnight City like this.
    03-28-13 02:38 AM
    I was about to stop it until I saw they had an application for Azteca Deportes, damnit they got me!
    Couldn't stop laughing at the cheesy 90s style work training video music.
    03-28-13 04:17 AM
    I'd like to see commercials showing off the Hub,Gestures ,Time shift.

They do, right on television. Those are there commercials. This wasn't a commercial. Can anybody not see it wasn't a commercial? Did anyone read the description for the video? I agree it was cheezy but when it's not intended as a commercial, they can get away with it depending on what they want to achieve.

Posted via CB10
    Midnight City likes this.
    03-28-13 10:11 AM
    Ok, it was 3am and I didn't check details. The video is posted to the official BlackBerry channel. It's not an ad, but it's still official communication. And BlackBerry either made it or paid for it.

Just watched it in 1080p - It does look a lot better and all the renderizations are not in your face (at least not as much as they were on 480p). Like Bla1ze said, who let this go online should get a spanking... But it does fall in line with some other promotion materials I've seen from them. I think that is bad news, I didn't like most of their promo material. This being the one exception (which took me time to hunt down):

It's not serious, but it delivers the message nicely without being boring. But I am not saying that should be the standard either.
    agp101 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:53 PM
    Unsubscribed from their YouTube channel, I don't ever want to see sh*t like that again
    03-28-13 12:59 PM
    Yea ah ok............that was just bad. Its funny for what its worth I think blackberry z10 web page is far better than everyone else product page but apple (samsung HTC). But their commercials are just lackluster. Nothings really says I should buy this phone
    03-28-13 01:34 PM
    I didn't finish it because it was so lame.
    03-28-13 01:36 PM
    F-A-I-L-U-R-E!!! i did watch the whole thing just to be sure of how utterly nothing that vid does,,, they need to run this stuff by me before they embarrass themselves like that again,,, hey Thor, drop me a line, would ya???
    03-28-13 01:43 PM
    This was talked about on another blog.

It's kind of stupid. No one can verify whether it's an actual commercial, but it's on the BlackBerry channel. It could have been fan-made or created by some marketing company, but people now on multiple sites are talking about it as if it even matters at the end of the day.

...it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    KasukeSadiki likes this.
    03-28-13 02:01 PM
    They post a lot of lame videos on YouTube. It is probably just or YouTube.
    03-28-13 02:03 PM
    They do, right on television. Those are there commercials. This wasn't a commercial. Can anybody not see it wasn't a commercial? Did anyone read the description for the video? I agree it was cheezy but when it's not intended as a commercial, they can get away with it depending on what they want to achieve.

Posted via CB10
    I've yet to see a commercial showing off the OS here in the States. In fact all I've seen is the one were people keep moving through different frames of life but even that has fizzled out as I haven't seen it in about a week now. Whereas before I was seeing it sometimes 2-3 times daily.

I think it would be better to offer a commercial showing features here in the states. The U.S needs to see that BlackBerry10 is completely different than the legacy OS.

03-28-13 02:20 PM
    It's okay.. If it were 2004.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 02:24 PM
    Maybe it's for a certain market where these kinds of ads work? At least, I am hoping. I didn't like the music at all.
    03-28-13 02:32 PM
    I get what you are saying, but regular people, like myself, are going to see that think it's an ad. Most people don't read the description on Youtube and won't care. They'll just make a judgement of the product based on the video.
    Last edited by trynacu2; 03-28-13 at 03:18 PM.
    agp101 likes this.
    03-28-13 02:43 PM
    I've yet to see a commercial showing off the OS here in the States. In fact all I've seen is the one were people keep moving through different frames of life but even that has fizzled out as I haven't seen it in about a week now. Whereas before I was seeing it sometimes 2-3 times daily.

I think it would be better to offer a commercial showing features here in the states. The U.S needs to see that BlackBerry10 is completely different than the legacy OS.

That's because it hadn't been launched till pretty much last week. In Canada there have been plenty of commercials with the "Keep moving" theme. Then other commercials showing off the hub, keyboard, flow, etc. I'm sure in other countries as well. They haven't started the marketing push in the US yet, only mildly until more carriers launch. Today Verizon launched so they may step it up a bit.

One thing is for sure.. the commercials airing here are defs not cheezy like the video which was on that youtube page lol. (which wasn't a commercial anyway ) .

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 02:51 PM
    I wasn't disappointed because most BlackBerry commercials make me go 'meh'
    03-28-13 03:04 PM
    I wasn't disappointed because most BlackBerry commercials make me go 'meh'
    He's got a point lol... It is a lot better than a heck load of real ads... Shows the phone, shows what the phone can do and at real, daily situations.
    03-28-13 04:59 PM
    I stopped it after about 30s it was awful
    You missed the best part at the 32 sec mark :P
    03-28-13 05:21 PM
    "Someone"??? I know exactly who! It's that guy from Orange who is the marketing director at blackberry, and has been ******* things up from day 1. It's unbelievable the **** that comes out of BB marketing department U-N-F-U-C-K-I-N-G believable
    03-28-13 05:26 PM
    Nowhere nears as good as this commercial for iPhones Siri

ErinnM likes this.
    03-28-13 05:35 PM
    why would they show a commercial with apps that aren't even available for the phone? this happened with the playbook as well.
    03-28-13 06:02 PM
    why would they show a commercial with apps that aren't even available for the phone? this happened with the playbook as well.
    The apps are available or confirmed as coming soon. Which apps are you speaking of?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by agp101; 03-29-13 at 12:19 AM.
    03-28-13 07:33 PM
55 123