Facebook will not allow me to access news feed. I keep getting a retry your connection is not working. This happens on wireless or 4G. I am able to get notifications or look at all my contacts time lines. I have no problem with Internet or emails. Tried un install and a battery pull. Also changed password. Any other hints?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:05 AM
    Facebook will not allow me to access news feed. I keep getting a retry your connection is not working. This happens on wireless or 4G. I am able to get notifications or look at all my contacts time lines. I have no problem with Internet or emails. Tried un install and a battery pull. Also changed password. Any other hints?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately this is a known issue, and is more a blackberry/facebook issue than any of us can do anything to fix
    05-01-13 09:42 AM
    I just tried www.facebook.com. Added to home screen. It actually has more features than the FB app and works!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:45 AM
    Use the browser the BlackBerry Facebook app sucks at the moment. Anybody heard any details when they are going to update this? You would think this would be a priority.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by R Field; 05-01-13 at 11:37 AM.
    05-01-13 10:38 AM
    Use the browser the BlackBerry Facebook app ducks at the moment. Anybody heard any details when they are going to update this? You would think this would be a priority.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    I should further my last comment, this error also happens on iOS and Android, as I had it all the time
    05-01-13 10:42 AM
    Unfortunately, when it comes to mobile Facebook hasn't been as on the ball as they could be, and both their mobile site and mobile apps can be very buggy.
    Android and ois face problems. The FB app downloads the whole timeline HTML every time, and it is up to the UIWebView to determine whether it needs to download images, stylesheets etc again.
    Also, to communicate from the UIWebView to the native app, a Javascript bridge is needed. This is tricky stuff for development to overcome!
    For notifications, messages and friend requests regular REST calls are done, returning XML data. Again, alot of GOOD coding needed to sort well.
    As far as I can tell, the Facebook service calls return inconsistent information.
    None of this seems to be any type of priority to FB from what I see.
    Facebook also changes their coding structures very frequently making it tough to code for. Since BlackBerry is coding for the BB user they are forced to try to keep up with all the changes and FB is worse than a flippant GF!
    You can read more about FB coding here if you are interested.
    Here are a few steps you can take try to fix any issues you might run into.
    1. Reinstall the app
    2. Use the mobile site
    3. Use the desktop site on your mobile device
    4. And, as always, reboot the phone
    FB for BlackBerry has also recently been updated. Check it out here:
    BlackBerry World - Facebook
    Best of luck
    05-01-13 12:31 PM
    Mine did this, just reinstall it ad it works fine again.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 12:36 PM
    Unfortunately, when it comes to mobile Facebook hasn't been as on the ball as they could be, and both their mobile site and mobile apps can be very buggy.
    Android and ois face problems. The FB app downloads the whole timeline HTML every time, and it is up to the UIWebView to determine whether it needs to download images, stylesheets etc again.
    Also, to communicate from the UIWebView to the native app, a Javascript bridge is needed. This is tricky stuff for development to overcome!
    For notifications, messages and friend requests regular REST calls are done, returning XML data. Again, alot of GOOD coding needed to sort well.
    As far as I can tell, the Facebook service calls return inconsistent information.
    None of this seems to be any type of priority to FB from what I see.
    Facebook also changes their coding structures very frequently making it tough to code for. Since BlackBerry is coding for the BB user they are forced to try to keep up with all the changes and FB is worse than a flippant GF!
    You can read more about FB coding here if you are interested.
    Here are a few steps you can take try to fix any issues you might run into.
    1. Reinstall the app
    2. Use the mobile site
    3. Use the desktop site on your mobile device
    4. And, as always, reboot the phone
    FB for BlackBerry has also recently been updated. Check it out here:
    BlackBerry World - Facebook
    Best of luck
    What's also funny about all this is that facebook said they wanted to start investing more into the mobile platform aha
    05-01-13 12:36 PM
    I had this problem, try to log out and log in, it worked for me

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 12:43 PM
    Thanks to all. I switched for 24 hours to the m.facebook.com. Then the regular app started to connect with no problems. Now I just know it can be a bit buggy!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 03:09 PM
    Thanks to all. I switched for 24 hours to the m.facebook.com. Then the regular app started to connect with no problems. Now I just know it can be a bit buggy!

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I just posted a workaround in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post8423595 - it is not a connection problem, simply something on the news feed that the app cannot understand. Check out my post for the workaround, and an explanation as to why it appears to resolve itself after a day or two.
    05-06-13 03:26 PM