Hello all,

I recently received my Z10 LE and been playing with it a bit. It was on 10.0 until I popped in a SIM. Then it was upgraded to 10.1 via OTA. I have added apps and setup my accounts on it.

Last night I thought to give a try to 10.2 upgrade available on developer portal. I took the backup in BB Link, and did the OS upgrade. I got the clean wiped device with 10.2. I restored my backup, I noticed that some apps I installed were missing after the restore.

Only two apps Facebook and LinkedIn which are showing me error that my login info is not correct and I need to set that again, and they open the Accounts section. It keeping loading, but never gives option to type my passwords so I can use these apps. I have tried uninstalling both of these apps. FB's hub icon was gone, but LinkedIn's icon remain in hub and shows error "LinkedIn Isn't Responding" even when uninstalled.

Now I have reinstalled both these apps, but they are doing same. Don't let me type my password, and Accounts section keeps loading.

My question is, have anyone tried the upgrade and restore apps+data in this way, and if also got this issue? and if yes, how did they resolved the issue?

I can just do a wipe again, but it'd be nice if I can get these two apps working, then I can just carry on

Thanks,

// chall3ng3r //
    08-21-13 08:33 PM
    I believe this is a known bug but there are workarounds. I would suggest you look through the 10.2 threads and search for Facebook.
    08-21-13 08:39 PM
    Thanks!

Will explore more about it in forums.

// chall3ng3r //
    08-21-13 09:01 PM
    Thanks!

Will explore more about it in forums.

// chall3ng3r //
    Load 10.2.0.1323 and restore again.
    The os you're on doesn't include the social integration and you have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

On 1323, there will be issues if you remove the Facebook account via the account settings. If you need to edit the accounts, reinstall the respective app (don't delete the account from accounts or you'll end up like the dev version your running: unable to re-add the account.)

Just wondering, when you restored data from 10.1, did you restore everything? App data from 10.1 would break my 10.2 installs every time I tried.
    08-21-13 10:06 PM
    Load 10.2.0.1323 and restore again.
    The os you're on doesn't include the social integration and you have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

On 1323, there will be issues if you remove the Facebook account via the account settings. If you need to edit the accounts, reinstall the respective app (don't delete the account from accounts or you'll end up like the dev version your running: unable to re-add the account.)

Just wondering, when you restored data from 10.1, did you restore everything? App data from 10.1 would break my 10.2 installs every time I tried.
    I didn't know about that and deleted the account.
    Now what can I do?
    Hopefully a later version will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:45 AM
    I didn't know about that and deleted the account.
    Now what can I do?
    Hopefully a later version will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    To fix it? Shrug.

A work around
    A) if you have a backup you'd like to use: simply restore again and this time don't delete the account
    B) if you are creating a new backup from the broken os: delete the Facebook and LinkedIn etc apps before you backup, then reload the os and restore. You should then be able to set up the accounts using the respective apps.
    akavbb likes this.
    08-24-13 12:34 PM
    To fix it? Shrug.

A work around
    A) if you have a backup you'd like to use: simply restore again and this time don't delete the account
    B) if you are creating a new backup from the broken os: delete the Facebook and LinkedIn etc apps before you backup, then reload the os and restore. You should then be able to set up the accounts using the respective apps.
    Away from laptop.
    Hopefully the new OS leak next Friday (very confident -huh?), will fix it.
    Haha.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:17 PM