Hey all,

Not sure if this has already been reported (a quick search didn't show anything), but I noticed that of you select to filter your Hub to Facebook messages/notifications only, you'll get the option to post status updates directly from the Hub.

Again I couldn't see any threads about this already, and I don't remember seeing this on 10.0 builds, so I figured it was a new feature of 10.1.

Either way it helps lend credibility to Heins' statement that you no longer need to keep opening apps to stay connected with people. A few more integration features (view newsfeed directly from the Hub/sub-hub menu, for example) and this would literally make a standalone Facebook app next to useless. Hopefully this is the mentality that BlackBerry already has and the direction they're taking with social media apps.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-11-13 05:22 PM
    Hey all,

Not sure if this has already been reported (a quick search didn't show anything), but I noticed that of you select to filter your Hub to Facebook messages/notifications only, you'll get the option to post status updates directly from the Hub.

Again I couldn't see any threads about this already, and I don't remember seeing this on 10.0 builds, so I figured it was a new feature of 10.1.

Either way it helps lend credibility to Heins' statement that you no longer need to keep opening apps to stay connected with people. A few more integration features (view newsfeed directly from the Hub/sub-hub menu, for example) and this would literally make a standalone Facebook app next to useless. Hopefully this is the mentality that BlackBerry already has and the direction they're taking with social media apps.

from the moment the BB 10 OS was launched this feature has been there. that also applies to twitter and linkedin too, post your status or tweets right from your Hub. yeah again, this is something that other OS are still trying to mimmick BB 10 OS...
    05-11-13 06:12 PM
    Ah, gotcha. I honestly did not notice it, and only saw it accidentally. It's small stuff like this that, if BlackBerry gains enough momentum, will truly differentiate it from other mobile devices. After all, once everyone has the big apps, there's little else that's different save hardware features and some proprietary software.

05-11-13 07:31 PM
    Hi, can anyone tell me how to share a picture or post on your FB with BlackBerry Z10? All I can do is to press like or comment but there is no share button.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 04:26 AM
    Hi, can anyone tell me how to share a picture or post on your FB with BlackBerry Z10? All I can do is to press like or comment but there is no share button.

Posted via CB10
    Go to the hub and share from there. In the facebook hub you have "status" option. Which you update your status with. With pictures or just plain text.
    05-12-13 05:49 AM
    Go to the hub and share from there. In the facebook hub you have "status" option. Which you update your status with. With pictures or just plain text.
    This is true, you can also do it directly from the pictures/camera app as well.

I think though that the poster was asking how to share pictures found on Facebook (e.g. Something a buddy shared that you like) on your own wall. Unfortunately the app doesn't support this yet, no idea why, so you have to use the mobile site (i.e. log into Facebook using the browser). The mobile site is actually pretty good on the Z10 I'm usually just too lazy to open up the browser to use it.

05-12-13 11:39 AM