I have deleted the Facebook contacts on my contacts app but they still appear when I hit compose text then add contact. How do I get rid of them. It's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    jtonkin3 likes this.
    05-04-13 08:46 PM
    Did you try rebooting the phone? And by deleting, do you mean the account of just manually deleting them from the phone?
    05-04-13 09:00 PM
    Just manually deleting from settings in the contacts app

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:09 PM
    I posted a similar thread about this. With so many fb contacts, it was really irritating me. I have since contacted support and they told me just to type more letters of the contacts name. There's currently no way around it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:19 PM
    Oh well maybe 10.1 will fix this ):

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:21 PM
    You can go into "Contacts>Settings (swipe from top ), and turn off accounts shown. I have not turned them off on my phone. The suggestions are intuitive, and in time, the most frequently used contacts will be displayed at the top of the window. So, the need to scroll for names should diminish.
    05-04-13 09:28 PM
    That setting still doesn't remove the contacts from the 'master' contacts list. It simply hides it. This doesn't solve the issue at all.

There's no way to remove the contacts sync either. However, 10.1 apparently helps this composing of texts issue. Depending on which part of the hub you are, it only allows the contacts from that section to be contacted in that way.

For example, if I was to go to my Gmail part of the hub, I would only be presented with email contacts when writing a new message. It may be that way now, I haven't bothered to check. I refuse to use the fb application.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:36 PM
    So there is no fix for this? When will the new OS be available?
    05-10-13 10:59 AM
    Same problem here. This worked for me. YMMV. Just go to BlackBerry World, My World and downloaded apps. Long press on the Facebook app and select delete, not uninstall. Wait a while a while for that and then reboot the z10.

I'm using the browser to access Facebook. No more Facebook contacts and the Web version offers features not available in the app anyway. No notifications of course (a plus for some). I just save a Facebook link on the home screen.

Be adviced, if you are running the leaked 10.1 it may be impossible then to reinstall the Facebook app, at least until the official 10.1 comes out.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 11:16 AM