When I downloaded the Facebook app, it automatically linked my current contacts to Facebook profiles (which I appreciate bit didn't want) and when I try to edit the contacts on my phone it "Attempts" to do so but no changes ever actually happen. Since downloading the app I have tried to link new FB contacts to my new phone contacts but it never shows new FB friends in the "Link" option. Only the ones that were there before can be linked. I have un installed and reinstalled the app. But it remembers I had it downloaded so never has a "Fresh Start."

On my 9930 I could go to FB and the option to "Connect to Contact" was there. Not in the Z10. Any ideas how to add the new FB friends to my link option?

posted by me
    07-01-13 04:36 AM
    When I downloaded the Facebook app, it automatically linked my current contacts to Facebook profiles (which I appreciate bit didn't want) and when I try to edit the contacts on my phone it "Attempts" to do so but no changes ever actually happen. Since downloading the app I have tried to link new FB contacts to my new phone contacts but it never shows new FB friends in the "Link" option. Only the ones that were there before can be linked. I have un installed and reinstalled the app. But it remembers I had it downloaded so never has a "Fresh Start."

On my 9930 I could go to FB and the option to "Connect to Contact" was there. Not in the Z10. Any ideas how to add the new FB friends to my link option?

posted by me
    Did you try to do the opposite? Link your new contact to your FB contact.
    07-01-13 05:39 AM
    Yes, that is the issue. When I try to link the contact to FB contact, the FB contact, after hitting "link", is not in the list. As if my app does not refresh on my phone to show the most recently added contacts. How do I refresh the fb contacts that sync to my phone contacts?
    07-01-13 05:50 AM
    Is there any way to refresh the friends list so they update on my device??
    07-01-13 06:17 AM
    I don't have that exact issue but for me whenever I deselect Facebook from the list of showing contact sources after a few hrs it's back.
    Facebook contacts not able to be linked to phone contacts-img_20130660.png

It's always back after a reboot but I don't reboot that often and there is no predicting what triggers it to turn on..... sometimes the fb contacts are there but in account selection area fb is turned off. it's extremely annoying trying to find a contract and constantly being forced to scroll through 100s of contacts

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:34 AM