I will first preface this by saying I am a VERY LIGHT facebook user. A little while ago, my facebook friends ended up in my contact list. It was not a problem to remove them by going into contacts > settings> and then use the slider for facebook to off. Easy peasy.

But if I launch the facebook app, the slider goes back to on seemingly automatically and the contacts repopulate. Its not a big deal as I know how to remove them, but I'd like it if there was a way to keep the slider in the off position. If the answer is to not use the facebook app, that's not the end of the world, but if there is some setting I am missing to NOT import contacts even when the app is launched I'd love to use it.

Thanks in advance.
    01-14-14 12:04 PM
    That should not happen. Try rebooting your device (one is a hard reset, the other a soft reset, try them both):

• Hold the top buttom till your device goes to the BB loading screen. Don't tap reboot on the screen;
    • Hold the volume rockers till your device goes to the BB loading screen.

If neither fix the issue, try removing the facebook account from the device waiting 5 minutes and then do a rocker reboot. Wait another 5 minutes and add the account again.

If these still don't solve the issue, consider updating your OS (or a device wipe if you are already on the most current - and by that I mean leaks, not carrier pushed updates).
    01-14-14 12:13 PM