Dear l, I just want to check you have the same experience - when I charge my phone using the external battery the battery case's side gets quite warm and my phone us drawing close to 5W (saw 4.5 on battery guru) from the external battery.

I understand the heat if it should draw 5W - that would cause some warmth. I just want to know if anybody experiences the same.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:15 PM
    Yes i have the bundle and it get got when connected to Z10.... so better put the battery in the device if that a option

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:28 PM
    Got=hot xD

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:29 PM
    Yes i have the bundle and it get got when connected to Z10.... so better put the battery in the device if that a option

Posted via CB10
    I am just keen on topping up at the moment - but good to hear yours does the same. That means it is possibly designed that way.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:32 PM
    Interesting, I should be getting mine tomorrow. I'll have to give it a test right away.

Posted via my Bad A$$ Z10
    05-08-13 12:35 PM
    Got=hot xD

Posted via CB10
    Indeed my Z10 trying to be smart.
    It is funny, on 10.0 it got better, on 10.1 o am under the impression it is best when I clear predictions and then gets worse...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:36 PM
    Indeed my Z10 trying to be smart.
    It is funny, on 10.0 it got better, on 10.1 o am under the impression it is best when I clear predictions and then gets worse...

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha indeed, my input language is Dutch so that will cause the problem and prediction is so bassAss

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 02:54 PM
    Hahaha indeed, my input language is Dutch so that will cause the problem and prediction is so bassAss

Posted via CB10
    My input is English and German - it is nice not having to switch any more but it can cause funny problems . In the same way that English only sometimes does not work too well... and then on other occasions it is great...

Anyway, I think that is off topic?

Posted via CB10
    Affie36 likes this.
    05-10-13 03:18 PM
    Mine gets hot too. But read the instructions. It says right there that you have to unplug it when it gets hot. So, I think it's normal.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:29 PM
    Mine gets hot too. But read the instructions. It says right there that you have to unplug it when it gets hot. So, I think it's normal.

Posted via CB10
    Never saw that.... but I did see the Notice about a red light blinking when it overheats.
    Thanks for pointing it out but the manual is at the office now

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:40 PM
    Mine gets hot so I use it to charge my spare battery then swap batteries.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:41 PM
    My input is English and German - it is nice not having to switch any more but it can cause funny problems . In the same way that English only sometimes does not work too well... and then on other occasions it is great...

Anyway, I think that is off topic?

Posted via CB10
    Oh so from the area.... west EU.

It is alot of improvement, but it was also easy to switch with qwerty devices between different languages. It got the job done, so happy with that and with importen mailing etc. Always reading it frequent to get the mistakes out.

Off topic? Nahhh

But when using the bundle one's a week it got low very fast and when putting the battery of the bundle in the device it got atleast 12 u juice..... maybe because it hasn't the maximum us frequentie. The Z10 battery got alot better after 3 weeks of us.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:20 PM
    Oh so from the area.... west EU.

It is alot of improvement, but it was also easy to switch with qwerty devices between different languages. It got the job done, so happy with that and with importen mailing etc. Always reading it frequent to get the mistakes out.

Off topic? Nahhh

But when using the bundle one's a week it got low very fast and when putting the battery of the bundle in the device it got atleast 12 u juice..... maybe because it hasn't the maximum us frequentie. The Z10 battery got alot better after 3 weeks of us.

Posted via CB10
    Having to switch dictionaries manually meant I always ended up messing both of them because I regularly forgot...
    The again, my typing with the Bold needed less proofreading than my typing on the Z10.

But coming back to the battery:
    I would estimate the external battery to be able to recharge the internal battery to around 60% of full capacity - the rest is lost.

In terms of battery life improving: It should not matter other than the OS finishing it's background tasks and "settling in".
    The battery capacity should really be quite constant and then it will reduce with time...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:52 AM
    Having to switch dictionaries manually meant I always ended up messing both of them because I regularly forgot...
    The again, my typing with the Bold needed less proofreading than my typing on the Z10.

But coming back to the battery:
    I would estimate the external battery to be able to recharge the internal battery to around 60% of full capacity - the rest is lost.

In terms of battery life improving: It should not matter other than the OS finishing it's background tasks and "settling in".
    The battery capacity should really be quite constant and then it will reduce with

Posted via CB10
    That happend oftend, atleast it was easy to switch and yeah now always looking at the keyboard when typing something. That is really downside of touch devices.

It got to 60% if it is not very long ago charged. Sometimes if it get to 40-50% i am already happy with that.

I indeed that is it, must say the battery life is quite good for so small bundle. If you look at duracell it needs 12h charge go get some more hours of juice. it is a great bundle and maybe the hotness problem will be solved in the future.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:29 AM
    That happend oftend, atleast it was easy to switch and yeah now always looking at the keyboard when typing something. That is really downside of touch devices.

It got to 60% if it is not very long ago charged. Sometimes if it get to 40-50% i am already happy with that.

I indeed that is it, must say the battery life is quite good for so small bundle. If you look at duracell it needs 12h charge go get some more hours of juice. it is a great bundle and maybe the hotness problem will be solved in the future.

Posted via CB10
    The temperature comes from the power draw. The Z10 loads at around 5W fro. The battery bundle - similar to the PlayBook charger. That would mean around 1amp at 5V and I think the battery is rated at 4.6 or 4.3V.

Unless they find a way of managing the power draw it will stay hot is my guess.
    (And the fact that it gets hot for other people as well means that it is designed that way with no limiter in place. )

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:48 AM
    The temperature comes from the power draw. The Z10 loads at around 5W fro. The battery bundle - similar to the PlayBook charger. That would mean around 1amp at 5V and I think the battery is rated at 4.6 or 4.3V.

Unless they find a way of managing the power draw it will stay hot is my guess.
    (And the fact that it gets hot for other people as well means that it is designed that way with no limiter in place. )

Posted via CB10
    Yeah power draw is it. Thanks BlackBerry for the PlayBook and the charger, it charged very fast with that. Using it for Z10, Bundle and PlayBook sometimes.

Keeping it by design, we can't do anything with it.
    It is very useful in the winter when your are oudside it is a handwarmer xD. So good so far.....

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:01 PM