OK, so I was at a loose end today and thought I would go and grab a whole bunch of comparison shots between the S2 and Z10.
    As I have said in the blog, I know the 2 devices are of different times so to speak, but the S2 has always been quite highly regarded, and hey its the only other everyday device I carry.

Even if the comparisons are not your thing, see if you can decide which shot is better and if you think the Z10 took it.
    The results are quite surprising, or they were to me anyway.

Ultimately my final say on the Z10 camera is this. Its a mixed bag, hit and miss, usually hit. Most of its shots are pretty good, for my preferences anyway, with just a few disappointments here and there. It is also fair to say WYSIWYG with regards to the screen. What you see on the screen before it snaps the shot is what the end result will be, which strangely isnt the case for all camera phones out there.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and what suits one wont suit another.
    Final word, if I came back from a holiday / vacation to London, and had used the Z10 for my camera, I would be more than happy with the memories it had captured for me.

So, the blog is in 3 parts, with an added little battery review too (they took a hammering today and really put up a good fight)
    Part 3 is just some random throughout the day shots from the Z.

A day in the life of....: Time for a phone/ camera test (again) Part 1

A day in the life of....: Phone and camera test, Part 2

A day in the life of....: Camera / phone test, Part 3

If nothing else, if you have never been to London before, enjoy the sights
    02-15-13 11:57 AM
    Who knew Brits went into Trafalgar Square?
    MattUK and Spawn12 like this.
    02-15-13 12:12 PM
    Who knew Brits went into Trafalgar Square?
    Got to once in a while to mock the tourists lol

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 12:47 PM
    Picture 27 of Part 2 Captures Blackberry Z10 Ad.
    02-15-13 12:49 PM
    Great comparison, and it brings back memories of my trips to London! Just a quick question, and I may have missed you saying this when I skimmed through the text on your blog, but did you always have the Z10 or the S2 as the first picture in each set, and was that consistent? I'm curious to know which shot was taken with which camera. Thanks again and some great shots!
    02-15-13 12:53 PM
    Yeah, yeah, you looked like one of us standing there snapping Nelson's Column with multiple phone cams!

Let us know if you find yourself over in Kensington. I have some old haunts there that you could test your cameras on.
    02-15-13 12:55 PM
    Picture 27 of Part 2 Captures Blackberry Z10 Ad.
    Haha well spotted, I wasn't going to say anything

02-15-13 12:55 PM
    Great comparison, and it brings back memories of my trips to London! Just a quick question, and I may have missed you saying this when I skimmed through the text on your blog, but did you always have the Z10 or the S2 as the first picture in each set, and was that consistent? I'm curious to know which shot was taken with which camera. Thanks again and some great shots!
    Glad it brought back some memories for you.
    Nope the images are renamed and jumbled up a bit just for fun.

I have a list of which image name is which device, might post it a bit later.
    If you want to know and are using a pc you can check the image properties.
    If there are any in particular, let me know and I will put your mind at rest. Lol

Jaralle likes this.
    02-15-13 12:58 PM
    Yeah, yeah, you looked like one of us standing there snapping Nelson's Column with multiple phone cams!

Let us know if you find yourself over in Kensington. I have some old haunts there that you could test your cameras on.
    I tried to blend in the best I could. Always do when I go in tourist guise. Problem is I look the right way when crossing the road, don't get lost, and never stare at things confused, so I'm not too convincing. Haha.

What you got in mind over in Kensington. I go up to town quite a bit as I work locally and it's only 15 mins on the train.

02-15-13 01:01 PM
    What you got in mind over in Kensington. I go up to town quite a bit as I work locally and it's only 15 mins on the train.
    Many moons ago, I worked in the Elephant & Castle, a small pub at the corner of Holland St. and Gordon Place. You can do some low-light shots in there!
    02-15-13 01:04 PM
    Many moons ago, I worked in the Elephant & Castle, a small pub at the corner of Holland St. and Gordon Place. You can do some low-light shots in there!
    A couple of years ago I worked just up the road in Vauxhall (site of the recent chopper crash)
    I shall check out where you mean and see when i will be that way again.

Might go and get some more shots Z10 only this time, tomorrow. Some more scenic and nature shots, maybe a little macro.

02-15-13 01:17 PM
    A couple of years ago I worked just up the road in Vauxhall (site of the recent chopper crash)
    I shall check out where you mean and see when i will be that way again.

Might go and get some more shots Z10 only this time, tomorrow. Some more scenic and nature shots, maybe a little macro.
    Unless I'm having a senior moment, Vauxhall is over by Kennington, but not so close to Kensington. Tourist! But wherever you go, I'm enjoying the photos.
    02-15-13 01:50 PM

and the collect pigeons for dinner
    Snazy likes this.
    02-15-13 01:51 PM
    I want to test;

iPhone 5
    Nokia 920
    Z10

But I really can't be arsed to setup the windows phone.. its sat on the side all week, I hate it
    02-15-13 01:52 PM
    OK, so I was at a loose end today and thought I would go and grab a whole bunch of comparison shots between the S2 and Z10.
    As I have said in the blog, I know the 2 devices are of different times so to speak, but the S2 has always been quite highly regarded, and hey its the only other everyday device I carry.

Even if the comparisons are not your thing, see if you can decide which shot is better and if you think the Z10 took it.
    The results are quite surprising, or they were to me anyway.

Ultimately my final say on the Z10 camera is this. Its a mixed bag, hit and miss, usually hit. Most of its shots are pretty good, for my preferences anyway, with just a few disappointments here and there. It is also fair to say WYSIWYG with regards to the screen. What you see on the screen before it snaps the shot is what the end result will be, which strangely isnt the case for all camera phones out there.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and what suits one wont suit another.
    Final word, if I came back from a holiday / vacation to London, and had used the Z10 for my camera, I would be more than happy with the memories it had captured for me.

So, the blog is in 3 parts, with an added little battery review too (they took a hammering today and really put up a good fight)
    Part 3 is just some random throughout the day shots from the Z.

A day in the life of....: Time for a phone/ camera test (again) Part 1

A day in the life of....: Phone and camera test, Part 2

A day in the life of....: Camera / phone test, Part 3

If nothing else, if you have never been to London before, enjoy the sights
    If you are going to test the Z10 camera against another device then test it against another device that has just come out not a 2 year old phone with a 2 year old camera. The Z10 is a new phone, test it against another fairly new phone such as the SGS3, Note 2 or even the iphone 5. That is the only way to see just how good the quality of the z10 camera really is.
    02-15-13 02:02 PM
    If you are going to test the Z10 camera against another device then test it against another device that has just come out not a 2 year old phone with a 2 year old camera. The Z10 is a new phone, test it against another fairly new phone such as the SGS3, Note 2 or even the iphone 5. That is the only way to see just how good the quality of the z10 camera really is.
    kindly donate one of the above phones to OP then....
    MattUK, jonty12, ctuffy and 1 others like this.
    02-15-13 02:05 PM
    Unless I'm having a senior moment, Vauxhall is over by Kennington, but not so close to Kensington. Tourist! But wherever you go, I'm enjoying the photos.
    Lol yeah but you mentioned Elephant and Castle

02-15-13 02:29 PM
    and the collect pigeons for dinner
    Haha no pigeons anymore, not like there were anyway.

02-15-13 02:31 PM
    I want to test;

iPhone 5
    Nokia 920
    Z10

But I really can't be arsed to setup the windows phone.. its sat on the side all week, I hate it
    Lol buzz them over to me and I will do it.
    Would love to get my mitts on some newer phones
    Once upon a time I would have got them, but alas not anymore

02-15-13 02:33 PM
    If you read the post and the blog it covers exactly that.

As above, if you are buying, I am trying.

As per the original post also, I did say that if you don't consider it a comparison because of the age of the S2, then see it as an exercise of what the Z10 can do.

peter9477 likes this.
    02-15-13 02:35 PM
    Just to put anyone who cares out of their misery, I have updated the blog a little to include which device took which picture.
    S is the S2 Z is, well the Z10!
    I shall say again, I know this is hardly a scientific experiment, and that the devices are not of the same era, but my point is really to show how different reasonable his res shooters cope.
    As you can see from the pictures, some are near identical, some are miles apart in favour of the Z, and others the complete opposite.
    Its all a matter of opinion, but here are a few of my favourite examples of polar opposites from the devices (my opinion might differ from yours)

Extensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-7.jpgExtensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-8.jpgExtensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-17.jpgExtensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-18.jpg

Extensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-19.jpgExtensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-20.jpg

Some good examples of differences of colours there. Again, I have my preferences, you will have your own.

Extensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-e.jpgExtensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-f.jpgExtensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-k.jpgExtensive camera test in London today (last one, promise)-l.jpg

So, no more camera tests for me, thats it. No more comparing it against sub-standard devices, old handsets, and other annoying things lol
    Until I get my funding for my Galaxy Camera, my iPhone 5 and my Galazy S4 (might as well wait for it now eh), im done.
    Donations for said devices welcomed from any critics
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    02-16-13 07:58 AM
    wow you are right it is hit and miss lol...what color are the blue/purple flowers suppose to be. they are completely different on each device
    02-16-13 11:14 AM
    Congratulations for the excellent comparative

My reviews about:
    Galaxy s2 take a little advantage.
    Clearer photos
    Photos with details
    Pictures with real colors
    Snazy likes this.
    02-16-13 11:56 AM
    wow you are right it is hit and miss lol...what color are the blue/purple flowers suppose to be. they are completely different on each device
    The purple of the second image is closer if not indeed an accurate duplicate of what my eyes saw.
    But yeah, very hit and miss with both. Have done the same with DSLR's in the past and seen similar discrepancies. Maybe not AS noticeable.

02-16-13 12:25 PM
    Congratulations for the excellent comparative

My reviews about:
    Galaxy s2 take a little advantage.
    Clearer photos
    Photos with details
    Pictures with real colors
    Thanks for the comments. For me my preference is the depth of the Z images. Shadowed areas remain so in most cases, where I find the S tries too hard to over compensate for dark areas.

Like I say though it's very much about your personal preference

02-16-13 12:27 PM
28 12