I got this email from Momax after asking about an extended battery for the Z10.

Dear xxxxx,

Sorry for no further info now as this product still under development stage.

Thanks.

Best regards,

MOMAX
    Good to hear it's happening.
    R Field, dannejanne and BergerKing like this.
    05-05-13 10:13 AM
    WOW!!!! Hopefully it will be soon. Can't stand Z10's lousy battery power.

Go Momax.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-05-13 10:26 AM
    Great news.

The super duper mega ultra crappy battery life is the only thing I dislike about the phone. If another phone had this crappy battery life i would had gotten rid of it already. I just love the Z10 too much to do that.

Great news!
    BergerKing and HarryDragon like this.
    05-05-13 10:30 AM
    I figured the sales of a device that stretched across a plethora of carriers would encourage aftermarket product development, especially when it comes to batteries and cases. Thank goodness sales have been pretty solid, so far.
    05-05-13 10:33 AM
    Thanks. Hopefully this extended battery gets to be internationally available

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:38 AM
    Great news.

The super duper mega ultra crappy battery life is the only thing I dislike about the phone. If another phone had this crappy battery life i would had gotten rid of it already. I just love the Z10 too much to do that.

Great news!
    Yup. I hope it is somewhere at least 2600mAh. We just need our z10 to last longer at least for 24 hours of intensive heavy usage.
    dannejanne likes this.
    05-05-13 10:48 AM
    Seidio has an extended battery case, but no go for me due to the goofy USB connection sticking out the side.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:44 AM
    This is the best news I've ever heard. I'm in the same boat, would have thrown this device against the wall due to lack of battery power if it was anything but the Z10.

I'm buying shares in any company that can develop a better battery for this thing - they won't have any issues with sales.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:48 AM
    Yup. I hope it is somewhere at least 2600mAh. We just need our z10 to last longer at least for 24 hours of intensive heavy usage.
    24 hours of intense heavy usage.. might as well carry a car battery, that's a lot, dude.
    sbowlestx and Vector-SS like this.
    05-05-13 11:55 AM
    24 hours of intense heavy usage.. might as well carry a car battery, that's a lot, dude.
    ROFL I is just my expression from desperation for a better battery.
    05-05-13 11:58 AM
    LOL.... I don't even think an old flip phone can do that?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    05-05-13 11:58 AM
    The average "Working" person is usually awake 15-18 hours per day. Which means they sleep for at least 8 hours some less. Which means on average a phone is used 0-18 hours in a combination of stand by and usage. There's no way you could use it for 24 hours unless you didn't sleep or you didn't charge it from a previous night.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-05-13 11:59 AM
    Great news. Battery life was never an issue using the Bold as I didn't use it that much. The Z10 gets a lot more use. It has replaced my MacBookAir as the primary email send/receive and web content reading device. Now my 'air' has plenty of battery life and the BB is a bit short. I get through the day but it needs a charge about dinner time. With the increased usage, I would like a bit more battery.
    dilseayan and yvpan1 like this.
    05-05-13 11:59 AM
    Great news. Battery life was never an issue using the Bold as I didn't use it that much. The Z10 gets a lot more use. It has replaced my MacBookAir as the primary email send/receive and web content reading device. Now my 'air' has plenty of battery life and the BB is a bit short. I get through the day but it needs a charge about dinner time. With the increased usage, I would like a bit more battery.
    Bring a usb cable and steal power from the air through out the day

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:03 PM
    Cant wait! I hope its worth it

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:16 PM
    Steal from the air....Yep, that works.
    05-05-13 12:40 PM
    I think that it's capable. Plus it would be a great selling point "No charge for 24 hours of Use"? Come on, plus if you forget to charge you'll still be a good enough charged phone for the next day
    05-05-13 01:41 PM
    You guys with battery issues I hope you use the external battery pack.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:43 PM
    You guys with battery issues I hope you use the external battery pack.

Posted via CB10
    I don't like the idea of needing to carry a spare battery with me 24/7. Specially not in summer when I pretty much walk around half naked. I rather wait for a extended battery.
    ddlax22 likes this.
    05-05-13 01:47 PM
    The griping here is a bit amusing actually.

The Z-10 is miles ahead of any other phone of similar capability in battery life. I'm comparing against the Samsung Galaxy series, HTCs, LG Android devices and iAnythings. It simply blows them all away with approximately double the in-service actual-use time of any of them.

Would I like more? Sure, but the fact is that I could never get away with a full day and no charger or spare battery. Now I can for most days. If I'm going to be somewhere that I simply cannot get to a charging source I still carry a spare battery but with my SGS-II I used to carry two spare batteries in similar circumstances because one was not enough!

The other interesting factoid is that the charge-acceptance rate on the Zed is amazing. If you have a 2A capable charger the Zed will take the full rate and in 20 minutes or so will take a near-flat battery up near 90%. Try that with the iAnything or Galaxy series phones.
    yvpan1, dilseayan and beamolite like this.
    05-05-13 01:52 PM
    The Z-10 is miles ahead of any other phone of similar capability in battery life. I'm comparing against the Samsung Galaxy series, HTCs, LG Android devices and iAnythings. It simply blows them all away with approximately double the in-service actual-use time of any of them.

You are so wrong on that one. I come from a Note 2 and that phone had more than double the battery life than my Z10. I could have a screen-on time of 10 huours in one day. That's with 50% brightness. The S3 and S4 also has much superior battery life compared to Z10. The S2 I can't speak off no experience with it. Now granted it has bigger battery but the difference is obvious anyway.

I frequently used my Note 2 for 48 hours without a charge AND had a screen on time of 4-5 hours.

Can you do that with your Z10? The Z10 has the worst battery life of all 6 smartphones I've owned in 2 years.

Extended battery under development by Momax-basareve.jpg

Extended battery under development by Momax-y3umy3ah.jpg
    05-05-13 01:57 PM
    The griping here is a bit amusing actually.

Would I like more? Sure, but the fact is that I could never get away with a full day and no charger or spare battery. Now I can for most days. If I'm going to be somewhere that I simply cannot get to a charging source I still carry a spare battery but with my SGS-II I used to carry two spare batteries in similar circumstances because one was not enough!

The other interesting factoid is that the charge-acceptance rate on the Zed is amazing. If you have a 2A capable charger the Zed will take the full rate and in 20 minutes or so will take a near-flat battery up near 90%. Try that with the iAnything or Galaxy series phones.
    Where do you get double the life of an Iphone? My Z does ok on battery life, but the iPhone 5 I had did better with similar usage.

Via Z
    05-05-13 02:01 PM
    Honestly my battery life is not good at all.
    And I'm not just saying this because I'm coming from older blackberrys

Also I don't want to carry around an extra battery so however makes the nicest biggest extended battery for the z10 will be getting my money

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    dannejanne likes this.
    05-05-13 02:10 PM
    I don't like the idea of needing to carry a spare battery with me 24/7. Specially not in summer when I pretty much walk around half naked. I rather wait for a extended battery.
    It's small and convenient. Take a look on CB shop site.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 03:28 PM
    Z10 battery seems about typical for an lte phone. Obviously if you're using data like crazy with constant use you can expect battery life to take a hit quickly.

Moderate use gets me a full day.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    05-05-13 03:41 PM
42 12