On the original battery door you will see that the NFC connections are two separate points. On an extended battery door you will see that it's just one entire gold plate.

The trick is to file the center of the gold plate, separating it into two pieces making sure they don't touch each other. However be sure you do the filing separation do that the NFC pins line up with each touching either side of the separation you have made.

I did it to a friends phone and it works. Just waiting on my order to come to do it on my own

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-20-14 05:19 PM
    On the original battery door you will see that the NFC connections are two separate points. On an extended battery door you will see that it's just one entire gold plate.

The trick is to file the center of the gold plate, separating it into two pieces making sure they don't touch each other. However be sure you do the filing separation do that the NFC pins line up with each touching either side of the separation you have made.

I did it to a friends phone and it works. Just waiting on my order to come to do it on my own

Posted via CB10
    I suggested this to another user many moons ago, but they came back saying no dice. Perhaps its all in the center cutting. When you receive yours and can confirm on yours (2nd in total), please take a really good picture of your gold plate and your cutting.

Thanks
    03-20-14 08:56 PM
    I'd also be interested in seeing where this leads, since nfc seems to be quite useful but is trumped by three days of battery life. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it lol.

Visit my channel @ C0029395D
    03-24-14 02:15 PM
    I tried cutting, but had no luck. Maybe there's a small point of contact still. Will check for good separation and try again.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:07 PM
    No workie. Good separation, and good contact with the pins (see dimples in picture), but no NFC

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:19 PM
    And apparently my Crackberry app doesn't attach pictures properly.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:21 PM
    And apparently my Crackberry app doesn't attach pictures properly.

You need to go into settings/ security and privacy, application permissions CB App and allow shared files

Posted via CB10

Extended battery door NFC fix-img_20140324_192628.png

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:28 PM
    It's possible that it may differ depending on the battery door you have. The one I fixed was the kinds 4500 battery door. Should get mine soon so hopefully I can do it again

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:29 AM
    Kinps**

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:29 AM
    I tried this a long time ago and it didn't work.
    03-25-14 07:53 AM
    Thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:45 AM
    So I got my battery door and tried for the second time and it doesn't work. Grrrrrr. I did exactly what I did in my friends z10 hut still didn't work. I don't know what to do. Thinking of swapping doors with my friend. :evillaugh:

Posted via CB10
    theone06 likes this.
    04-18-14 03:57 AM
    So I got my battery door and tried for the second time and it doesn't work. Grrrrrr. I did exactly what I did in my friends z10 hut still didn't work. I don't know what to do. Thinking of swapping doors with my friend. :evillaugh:

Posted via CB10
    Aww, that's too bad. Thanks for trying anyway.

Visit my channel @ C0029395D
    04-18-14 11:20 AM
    Hi guys, my first post so please be gentle

I think we have to take a step back here and look at these big backs technically. In fact, it's quite surprising that there are few topics on these big backs and supposed NFC other types....

Firstly, the amount of inductor aerial (the strip that winds its way round the back) is quite large compared to the original flat BB back. Now, anyone who has played with aerials will know, is that you have to match the wavelength of the aerial to the frequency being transmitted, in this case 13.56MHz. If it's not matched then you get very little or no output from the inductor aerial.

A friend and I have played with these backs and an other type (more later) extensively. Our findings on the original BB back is that there is no NFC chip on the back as claimed elsewhere, the centre doobery is just a plastic metalised-sprayed BB logo, and the inductance aerial is a specific length. On the big back the inductance aerial has far too much inductance to transmit at 13.56MHz. This is, of course, after cutting the gold plate, ensuring the pins do make contact, and, importantly, that the inductance is full circuit from what is now the two halves of the gold plate.

We then purchased a flip-back protector back advertised as an NFC back. This didn't work with the original battery either. One reason was that the inductance aerial was not a complete circuit, and even when the gap was bridged it wouldn't work. Again, the inductance value was not correct - it has to be pretty well spot on.

All we can now say is... keep on testing with different backs! NFC is the future!

Rev.
    eywong likes this.
    04-20-14 06:54 AM