Hey has anyone else been experiencing problems with icons or distorted pages? It's happened a few times to myself when I have unlocked my phone.

sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-05-13 04:52 AM
    No one else has came across this?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 05:52 AM
    No I'd definitely get that exchanged if I were you. Haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.
    02-07-13 06:23 AM
    Were you perhaps using an app in landscape mode before locking it? It looks like the home screen has been forced to portrait mode while stretched to the dimensions of a currently unsupported landscape orientation.
    02-07-13 06:50 AM
    If you rotate the screen to landscape then back to portrait, does it resolve?
    02-07-13 06:54 AM
    Nope not had this problem.
    02-07-13 06:55 AM
    I haven't had that problem on mine. Where was yours built?
    02-07-13 07:05 AM
    Thanks for all the replys. It's been fine for the last few days. It happened while trying to answer a call the last time it happened. I had to reboot the phone to get it back to normal. My phone was built in mexico.

02-07-13 07:50 AM
    Thanks for all the replys. It's been fine for the last few days. It happened while trying to answer a call the last time it happened. I had to reboot the phone to get it back to normal. My phone was built in mexico.

Spoke too soon. It happened to me too just now as you say, while trying to answer a call.
    02-07-13 08:11 AM
    It's a software issue, not hardware, so returning the phone won't help. OS fixes will be here soon, be patient if you can.
    02-07-13 08:14 AM
    It does that when apps crash or freeze midway through an animation
    02-07-13 08:14 AM
    Never had this happen before, but it's definitely a software issue, so just wait for updates. Returning the phone won't help.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-07-13 08:16 AM
    Indeed. It's no biggie.
    02-07-13 11:09 AM
    restart .
    02-07-13 11:17 AM
    Ha just happened while I was reading through this thread... Had to restart to fix, no amount of rotating the screen helped.
    02-07-13 11:48 AM
    Yes, This has happened to me already a few times. Scenario: Locked, in the holster. Phone rings, remove from holster, screen distorted and weird and cannot answer the call. Press everywhere in desperation. Put back in holster, remove again. All is fine, but missed the original call. Thank goodness I found this thread. So its not only me. This needs to be addressed big time.

On a side topic about the dialer... I have also re-dialed by mistake a few times by pressing in the wrong place. Very finicky. Must remember to be careful as I've redialed a few times at 1:30AM !

Edit: Happened again after the phone rang, but this time carefully pulled down where the answer arrows appear and call answered. As mentioned above, it seem to be a screen orientation thing - perhaps leftover from last state before going into holster.
    Last edited by bribert; 02-14-13 at 09:23 AM. Reason: updated conditions
    02-13-13 03:09 PM
    Did you possibly turn the magnify mode on? You will find the option under System Settings/Accessibility/Magnify Mode. It allows you to magnify the screen anywhere. Once toggled on in settings it is activated on or off by a 2 finger pull down gesture from the top of the screen and you initially get the magnified screen like you show above. When I reboot my Z10 it opens magnified.

A great feature by the way. Especially when you are in the hub trying to get the cursor where it needs to go but where dragging the circle just slides the screen.
    bribert likes this.
    02-13-13 05:59 PM
    Thanks but magnify is off. good thought though. I turned that off a week ago after having an out of control backspace key erase complete emails. Found the fix for that was to turn off magnify. go figure.
    I did double check again though. See my edit above.
    02-14-13 09:27 AM
    I've had the same thing happen, only once. I had an app in landscape mode and locked my phone, then unlocked and tried to go in protrait or something like that. It seemed to rectify it's alone after rotating the displa a few times.
    02-14-13 09:33 AM
    Bribert - awesome info about the magnify impacting the keyboard. I've had two instances where the keyboard did exactly that along with being sluggish. Happened again last night. Did you find that turning magnify off helped the keyboard issue right away?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 01:51 PM
    Yes. As soon as I turned off the magnify feature, the backspace started to behave properly. Prior to that, I came close to throwing the phone at the wall! :-) imagine writing an email, then 6 lines later, when trying to erase just a character, it goes into an erase fit. It must have been a funny site seeing me try to stop it :-)
    02-14-13 11:37 PM
    Yes this happened to me once. I made a comment about it in the
    Has you z10 frozen up on you thread. There is nothing you can do when this happens besides a battery pull.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 11:51 PM
    Yes. As soon as I turned off the magnify feature, the backspace started to behave properly. Prior to that, I came close to throwing the phone at the wall! :-) imagine writing an email, then 6 lines later, when trying to erase just a character, it goes into an erase fit. It must have been a funny site seeing me try to stop it :-)
    Oh god no.... My current phone does this. It must look absolutely hilarious watching me battle it trying to type faster than it can erase loool. Really hope it gets fixed. Current phone is a nexus one which is famous for digitizer issues. Never acknowledged D:
    02-15-13 10:09 PM