I have a z10 here that i cannot unlock (from koodo), anyone know if they allow us to exchange for that reason? i got it for only 6 days. i would rather not return it since if i buy it again they would want me to get on a contract ($20 fee).
    02-21-13 04:56 PM
    I would expect that they won't accept that as a good reason for an exchange.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:24 PM
    what reason are acceptable? i bought the phone i should be able to do whatever i want with it, if i cannot there is something wrong with the phone, so i should be able to exchange, is that not true?
    02-21-13 05:26 PM
    Say its freezing and u want to exchange it? Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:36 PM
    What do you mean "cannot unlock" exactly? Did you use up all your attempts? Are you using the right codes (legacy BB unlock codes won't work for the Z10, even if you gave the right IMEI).
    02-21-13 05:38 PM
    no i am choosing Z10 options on unlocking site, not the older OS7 codes. i have used up 2 so far, but all the sites are returning same code, and i want to get it unlocked fast so i can use it on wind, thus i want to try to exchange for another unit
    02-21-13 05:58 PM
    no i am choosing Z10 options on unlocking site, not the older OS7 codes. i have used up 2 so far, but all the sites are returning same code, and i want to get it unlocked fast so i can use it on wind, thus i want to try to exchange for another unit
    That's a really bad reason to exchange it, considering those sites will give you wrong codes for the new phone. Try the Crackberry unlocking site. When I was unlocking my phone, I had the same problem. All the sties gave me the same number that didn't work
    02-21-13 06:00 PM
    i did try crackberryunlocking, they gave the same code as the other 2 sites
    02-21-13 06:05 PM
    I'm in the same situation. There is a problem with some Koodo Z10s not receiving valid unlock codes even from reputable sellers. I think we might just need to wait it out until a solution is found, but I'm worried if there might be something wrong with the hardware that would prevent it from ever being unlocked. Unlikely but still cause for concern.
    02-27-13 08:25 PM
    Go get a Z10 from rogers will that work on wind, i think so if you get the right model.
    02-27-13 09:11 PM
    just get it from wind. the wind one will work on big3 as well
    02-27-13 09:38 PM
    This happened to me, but with a Rogers phone. I exchanged it in store for a new one. I figured telling them it was seemingly unlockable probably wasn't the best idea, so I just made something up. Told the rep the screen would start flickering intermittently and I needed a new one. They didn't ask any questions and put the exchange right through, whole thing took maybe 3 mins.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:46 PM

BlackBerryCodeSource worked for me (Rogers unit though)...maybe might work for you too. It's hit or miss with these codes especially telus/koodo. Goodluck
    02-27-13 09:55 PM
    i did try crackberryunlocking, they gave the same code as the other 2 sites
    Pay Koodo the $75 to unlock it properly then, this way if they fail they have to replace to the device.
    02-27-13 10:02 PM
    Loop requires you to stay with them for three months before they unlock for you. Also loop getting same codes which are not working

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 10:17 PM
    Loop requires you to stay with them for three months before they unlock for you. Also loop getting same codes which are not working

Posted via CB10
    You might want to check what the mobile wireless code that the CRTC I believe was supposed to bring into law on Feb 22nd says. They basically told the cell carriers to be prepared to sell their devices unlocked in their proceedings with them so the who's three month thing I don't buy I am sorry. If this is the case then it would explain why Koodo's codes don't work as they likely have the wrong codes in their system for that very reason.

So the morel of the story is not to buy a device form Koodo again.
    02-27-13 10:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    I used UnlockSaver.com to unlock my Koodo phone. Took a couple days to get the code, but there were no issues. Also worked with a Telus phone on my friend's Z10.

UnlockSaver.com - Koodo Canada Blackberry Z10 Unlock Codes Provider ! | UnlockSaver

If the price is too cheap, don't use the website as they are using old tech trying to figure out unlock codes for the Z10. I had two companies return the fees and another emailing me to say that it was too expensive for them to do now. But you are right, might as well get the Wind one if it is out and can get your hands on one.
    02-28-13 01:21 AM
    With new CRTC law you can return your phone within 15 days of purchase or contract. Without any issues. Just go for the return bit.

Posted via microwave.
    02-28-13 01:25 AM
    Does anyone know if its possible to unlock the Wind Z10? Or is there issues?
    I can't seem to find anyone to do this for me. I am traveling next week to the US and I live to have this unlocked before I leave.
    02-28-13 08:50 AM
    Does anyone know if its possible to unlock the Wind Z10? Or is there issues?
    I can't seem to find anyone to do this for me. I am traveling next week to the US and I live to have this unlocked before I leave.
    Did you talk to the carrier?

Wind just released their device yesterday so likely no unlocking service will be able to provide you with a accurate unlocking service.
    02-28-13 10:42 AM