For some reason, I've done a side by side comparison with an iPhone 4s, 5, and 5s, and I find that the Z10 camera is superior. The rear one at least. The colors are a lot more vibrant and there is more detail in normal conditions. I've taken many photos that confuses my iPhone pals because they can't take shots like those. And also I've compared the size of the photos and I find that an average iPhone 5 pic is around 300kbs and a Z10 one is around 1mb. I'm not as tech savvy as many people on Crackberry are, so I'm not exactly sure what this means, but it's just what I've noticed. Of course, in low light conditions, the Z10 gives me pictures that are dark, grainy, and just really terrible, and the front camera is nothing to boast about either.

I'm not sure if it's just me with a really good camera, because I've been told that my Z10 is something of an abnormality because it's also incredibly glitchy. But for me, the camera isn't a problem at all, I'm quite satisfied. Not sure why people are complaining.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 02:05 AM
    I find the Z10 camera 100% better than the iphone. Anytime my friends try to take pictures on their iphone, doesn't look half as good as the Z10 quality. The iphones cant even take pictures at night time properly with the flash (haven't seen pictures taken with the 5s but the 5 and lower all come out blurry)
    01-22-14 02:10 AM
    For some reason, I've done a side by side comparison with an iPhone 4s, 5, and 5s, and I find that the Z10 camera is superior. The rear one at least. The colors are a lot more vibrant and there is more detail in normal conditions. I've taken many photos that confuses my iPhone pals because they can't take shots like those. And also I've compared the size of the photos and I find that an average iPhone 5 pic is around 300kbs and a Z10 one is around 1mb. I'm not as tech savvy as many people on Crackberry are, so I'm not exactly sure what this means, but it's just what I've noticed. Of course, in low light conditions, the Z10 gives me pictures that are dark, grainy, and just really terrible, and the front camera is nothing to boast about either.

I'm not sure if it's just me with a really good camera, because I've been told that my Z10 is something of an abnormality because it's also incredibly glitchy. But for me, the camera isn't a problem at all, I'm quite satisfied. Not sure why people are complaining.

Posted via CB10
    From the figures you have provided it would imply that the iPhone 5 uses a higher data compression ratio thus giving smaller file sizes. The downside of this of course is that quality will suffer. I'm still using a Torch 9810 which has a 5 megapixel camera and I find the picture quality excellent when shooting outside. Inside in low light using the flash I find that the pictures can be a bit on the blurry side. I need to check out the various settings on the camera to try and improve this as I use auto most of the time. My file sizes tend to be just over 1 MB.
    01-22-14 02:20 AM
    I have had the z10, q10, iPhone 5 and now the P9882.

The q10 has the best camera in my opinion and the z10/p9882 the worst.

Taking the same shot of the same scene the colors on the z10/p9982 just seem.. dull.

I don't know. I'm disappointed in the camera

Posted via CB10
    jfunds likes this.
    01-22-14 02:29 AM
    I find that in good lighting conditions the Z10 has a perfectly acceptable camera but when u start to compare it to the iphone5 or 5s I don't think people are going to take you serious. If I can remember from another thread, there is a website that professionals compares cameras and the Z10's was ranked like 13th. If it was really that good I think we would've seen that mentioned in the many Z10 reviews out there.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 02:37 AM
    I have had the z10, q10, iPhone 5 and now the P9882.

The q10 has the best camera in my opinion and the z10/p9882 the worst.

Taking the same shot of the same scene the colors on the z10/p9982 just seem.. dull.

I don't know. I'm disappointed in the camera

Posted via CB10
    The pics between the Q and the Z will probably look the same when you view them on your computer.
    01-22-14 04:02 AM
    The pics between the Q and the Z will probably look the same when you view them on your computer.
    That's what I thought too...
    Both Q and Z have different screens on them.

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    leejayh likes this.
    01-22-14 04:13 AM
    "BlackBerry photography " channel surely shows a lot of amazing photos taken by BlackBerry users from their bb10 devices. No complaints about the picture quality there. Pretty amazing to me the picture quality.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:15 AM
    The z10 has a decent camera. Anyone who says it's bad is obviously exaggerating.
    01-22-14 04:25 AM
    The Z10 has a very acceptable camera on it. I have taken just as good a photo with it than with a normal digital camera. But as with any photo whether taken on a phone or with a dedicated camera then the quality of the picture lies in the hand of the operator in choosing the best angle/position of the shot. I have seen many poor photos taken with fancy digital SLR cameras that have also seemed to lack colour or vibrancy. The fault is not the camera as such, but poor photographic skills of the user.

Z10 In action here!
    01-22-14 04:35 AM
    I find the pictures on the Q10 looking a bit dark compared to when I load them up on my laptop. When I edit on the Q10 I always make it a little darker about will not be too light on the laptop.
    01-22-14 04:59 AM
    But it is not!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 05:25 AM
    Either way, people edit their photos anyway

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 05:33 AM
    The Z10 has a very acceptable camera on it. I have taken just as good a photo with it than with a normal digital camera. But as with any photo whether taken on a phone or with a dedicated camera then the quality of the picture lies in the hand of the operator in choosing the best angle/position of the shot. I have seen many poor photos taken with fancy digital SLR cameras that have also seemed to lack colour or vibrancy. The fault is not the camera as such, but poor photographic skills of the user.

Z10 In action here!
    I agree. I used to do paid photography and it truly is in the user. I find the Z10 camera to be fine and have taken great shots with it. When the photos are uploaded onto my laptop, the quality is clear and good enough for printing. Our Christmas card was sent out with photos taken mainly by my Z10 last year.
    Everyone says that Z10 camera is bad but...-img_20140119_155522.jpg

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-22-14 06:32 AM
    I take quite a bit of pictures for work. 90% of them are taken with my Z10. I find the camera to do just fine and am very happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:15 AM
    I agree. I used to do paid photography and it truly is in the user. I find the Z10 camera to be fine and have taken great shots with it. When the photos are uploaded onto my laptop, the quality is clear and good enough for printing. Our Christmas card was sent out with photos taken mainly by my Z10 last year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140119_155522.jpg 
Views:	1154 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	240680

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    As I found out it's not actually good enough for printing, colours were waaay off and the general quality was poor.
    01-22-14 07:17 AM
    I own the Z10 and the 5S and the 5S takes better pictures IMO (and according to plenty of reviewers/professional photography studios). Especially in low light situations.
    01-22-14 07:19 AM
    I own the Z10 and the 5S and the 5S takes better pictures IMO (and according to plenty of reviewers/profession photography studios). Especially in low light situations.
    I have 1950s film cameras that put them all to shame regardless
    cwalt2166 and scorepion like this.
    01-22-14 07:21 AM
    Z10 /Z30 camera does a great job with Closeup/Semi-Macro. Most shots I've seen that is impressive is either scenic or macro.
    When it is time to capture selfie I think IPhone may be better, especially in indoor conditions.
    01-22-14 07:26 AM
    As I found out it's not actually good enough for printing, colours were waaay off and the general quality was poor.
    If colours where that far out after printing as compared to the screen then this is not a camera issue bit a printer colour calibration issue.

Z10 In action here!
    01-22-14 07:33 AM
    If colours where that far out after printing as compared to the screen then this is not a camera issue bit a printer colour calibration issue.

Z10 In action here!
    Let's just say I was very disappointed, at the same time I printed the Q photos I printed a couple of low resolution 35mm scans that I had on the memory card in my Q and man was I impressed with those. Must be a DPI issue? Just guessing.
    01-22-14 07:35 AM
    I just pulled one up and the DPI is just 96, no wonder it doesn't print well.
    01-22-14 07:39 AM
    The Z10 camera is quite nice for what it does and I'm quite happy with it. The only camera which is better is the Nokia phone. Great pixel resolution and clearly the embedded software is topnotch. Not a fan of the iPhone camera, over rated and really not worth discussing as it is an unmemorable product. But remember, there is a group of people that takes great pride in taking overexposed selfies.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:42 AM
    I'm no expert but for me the auto focus feels like it takes for ever before it is ready to snap.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:44 AM
    I'm no expert but for me the auto focus feels like it takes for ever before it is ready to snap.

Posted via CB10
    Thats one of the reasons I loved the 9900 camera, it was always instant, no focus delay.
    01-22-14 07:46 AM
112 123 ...