1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    bb Z10 is just the beginning ... improvements, software upgrades, many new apps and major apps coming ... all good! .... battery improving with each passing week ...
    02-22-13 04:15 AM
    I'm loving my z10 so far.

I've found that most issues I've had have been learning curve ones, and when I come here and read I notice that the lion's share of "Complaint" threads started are actually learning curve issues too.

For most of the other ravings, well BB10 has some issues to be sure, but very very few new tech doesn't. If some of these people were the tech gurus they often seem to try to make themselves out to be, I can't help think they'd already understand that.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    02-22-13 06:35 AM
    Oh I have plenty of patience. I've been patiently waiting over two years for BB10, meanwhile putting up with my rapidly outmoded Storm 1. At least my Storm never forgot my email setting passwords as an apparently deliberate design feature (see thread entitled "Z10 keeps forgetting my email password" or somesuch. I thought it was me, pressing the wrong button my mistake, or an inadvertent wrong swipe. I've had to re-enter and Save my principal email password about twenty times in 18 days. Now I find out it isn't me, it's (allegedly) a design feature to stop polling the server too many times when the signal is interrupted. That explains why emails haven't been getting through.

So, if like me, you have been using your BlackBerry for years knowing that email push was super-reliable, fast and you could safely forget your email settings, think again. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs taking out and their brain re-programmed.

So yes, I am very patient, and I can forgive BlackBerry a lot of things. I always knew there were bound to be some bugs and shortcomings with a completely new os platform. But this? For a communications functionality that BlackBerry have made their raison d'etre? Much as I absolutely adore my Z10, if this bug / idiotic design feature isn't fixed super-quick, I will be defecting to a platform where I just know -as with my much-derided Storm -that my emails will always come through, without me having to constantly re-enter my settings password.

I don't know if BlackBerry monitor these forums, but as soon as I have a bit more time I am going to contact BlackBerry directly and ask them what the f they are going to do about this. And if others are having the same problem, as seems to be the case, then I suggest they do the same.
    02-22-13 07:06 AM
    I can also post a lot of flaws in here, and there are quite a few. Any one NEW who is entering the market will face same problem.

Blackberry did make some blunders and hence, you see they are struggling. They were in a good position years ago but did not grab that opportunity, The platform they have is around 2 -3 years late.

They will learn from this and continue 'innovation' with recent patents we might see that coming.

Also, as far as lack of support is concerned from developers, its a simple math - they make more money making apps with Android & Apple, why would they waste their time with blackberry.

But the support they have gone so far is not bad, they are still missing some basics apps and functionality wise some important things are missing out, and hopefully they can better this in the future.

- Blackberry is thinking about that already as far as apps are concerned, making Android apps easy to port is a big PLUS, and therefore we are see many developers porting the app for blackberry. Rather then keeping the platform closed they are moving torwards the 'possibilities' and giving user options - which is what the market demands.

As a user i understand your frustration and i have been using blackberry for many years as well and if this OS10 was the same like previous OS i would have switched to android, but i see the possibilities and the effort they are making. Its very difficult to compete with two very strong players in this market.

We can all get pissed & Frustrated. At the same time we should not forget the external players in this market.

Looking at that and them playing a 'catching up' game i would give their efforts 10 / 10

Addressing user's issue 7 / 10 . - Blackberry should have a system in place where they can communicate with users.
    02-22-13 04:47 PM
29 12