At times it's very disheartening to come here and read how everyone is disappointed on the new bb10 when we were on our old bis everyone had issues that Omg ifone and android has everything available and we are so behind and now when BlackBerry is trying to catch up we don't like that. Yes there are some weaknesses on this new bb10 and a lot of strengths as well. So my point is basically they have made a huge jump to this new Os to what they had before let's give them some time and to be honest with you i am not disappointed at all how many apps apple had or android had when they first came in this market? The ability to port android apps is a BIG PLUS trust me give them some time and they will be a dressing all the issues.

Battery is the only thing I don't like about it the second was whatsapp and I got that ported look at the possibilities and to everyone who is going back to ifone good job let apple run your life and may you all enjoy live under the dictatorship of apple.

P.s I posted all this in one go with my z10 I was a qwerty person and hated touch screen I have used apple and android but BlackBerry typing is no match with them.

Good job blackberry.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 06:22 AM
    Good thread

02-14-13 06:26 AM
    Battery is the only thing I don't like about it
    Battery life will probably improve quite a bit after a week or so. This is quite normal for modern smartphones, as the battery software needs to calibrate. A full discharge & full charge cycle will also probably help.
    02-14-13 06:59 AM
    Nicely put. I know have been critical but I try to keep it constructive.

I'm sure there are many improvements along the way.

02-14-13 07:02 AM
    Glad to see a positive post lol

It's new, all new stuff has problems improvement issues if it's a problem wait a little while lol.

Failing that people should just enjoy the experience.

02-14-13 07:11 AM
    There is a good chance the USA Z10 models will have an updated OS.
    02-14-13 07:16 AM
    I for one am not disappointed by the battery. It's on par with what's out there and it's better than my 9810. Considering the LTE and power, it's just fine. My buddy has an iPhone5 and it's no better.

02-14-13 07:17 AM
    Indeed you are right - there is a ways to go for BlackBerry to bring their BB10 platform up to par with other devices in terms of app availability.

One aspect which really is disappointing, however, is the complete lack of offline calendar/contact sync with Outlook or other PIM. If the PlayBook was indicative of that "oversight" (new OS, etc), then it shouldn't come as a surprise. However, this new phone being a communications tool more than anything (and BB10 platform in general), it's a shock that BB hasn't implemented some sort of method of synching calendar entries and contacts or at least some other sort of offline interoperability between the phone and computer. ... yes, people still make use of laptops and computers in general.

Really miffed about that one. I, for one, *do not* want my contacts and calendar entries stored on some company's "cloud" service.

I sincerely hope BlackBerry comes up with some sort of solution to this in future OS updates.
    02-14-13 07:24 AM
    Whenever someone comes up with something new there is always a lot of issues which they find out after the release. No OS ever has been stable and without any error, probably the one i can think off would be the OS Nokia used for 3310 and all those phone, to be honest they were solid, great battery life, no issues, no arguments , just answer and hang up option lol (good ol days)

strategically bb was in a very strong position few years ago and they failed to capture the market the had, they continued to belive that current models will keep them in the top, that was wrong.

They learned a lesson in a very hard way ! - The stock price fell, job cuts and what not.

Important thing is they never gave up and made their way thru.

- Learn to appreciate
    - constructive criticism
    - Give them feedback
    - Give them sometime.

To be honest with you, i had a feeling that z10 will be crap due to their history in messing up with the release date and what not.

I purchased this device - this coming from a person who hated TOUCH SCREEN - i just cant stand them, my friend's are actually surprised that how can i like touch screen.

Bb10 has done amazingly well with this, i hope and pray for their success and i hope they dont repeat the same mistake again .. the should innovate more and come up with good thing, for example - Hub, there are lot of opportunities

and this is my dream i hope it comes true one day ...

bb10 will be compatible with android market and we can run android apps on it without any issues .... i see that coming.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-14-13 07:30 AM
    And yes before US release you will get skype hub integrated and whatsapp official as well

Source - someone working @ bb told me
    02-14-13 07:31 AM
    Yes - the forums have become a bit of a buzzkill recently.

I'm enjoying my Z10. I'm enjoying the stream of new apps every day. I'm enjoy the too-smart-for-me keyboard that learns quickly.

It's good fun. I'm excited for what's to come. Until then, I adopt work-arounds. It's allll goood.
    Drayk and j8330 like this.
    02-14-13 08:32 AM
    as mentioned, all new platforms take time.

I am actually surprised with BB's new phone & OS, from their past experience i had my hopes very very very low !! the ability to port android apps makes it less hectic for developers. All we have to do as a user is to show them some support so the dev. know that they can not escape bb market. For now, even if i was a developer i would concentrate on apple & android, more money there because of more users.

But if BB keeps on going this way and if they have same support and keep building on this platform they can actually bounce back ! I hope that they dont STOP after OS10 and wait for 2 -3 years more and then have another OS. To compete they should keep trying new things and have new features every quarter ! - This will also keep so called 'analyst' happy. who are paid to say good things about apple ONLY & bash blackberry.
    02-21-13 11:40 PM
    most people here are playbook users or ex users so we understand patience and frustrations to the very details..from the 60 days email promise (anyone remember that??) to the current playbook 2.0 OS which is a twilight zone between BB10 OS or gadget graveyard.

one thing i truly worry about z10's battery, 6 hours maximum with normal use, phone heating up, and no it is not normal. my other phones (bb & nokia 820 and sgs3) lives thru the day and more.
    02-21-13 11:45 PM
    yea well said...

If BBRY wasn't doing anything to improve --> complain [mind you i was happy with OS7 and my 9900]. They are now (and still they complain), maybe it took a while, but we got a very good end result. Apps are secondary, they will come. Better to have a fluid product than a rushed one. I have been impressed with the new device, its amazing and has been the best BBRY i've owned, no regrets. Again, alot of issues should be fixed with updates. Having a strong foundation is what counts everything else is secondary...
    02-21-13 11:51 PM
    agreed, a serious lack of objectivity exists in many posts , mostly comprising of defensive arguments and personal attacks, the fact of the matter is , no one talks unnecessarily , hopefully bb has a solid action plan
    02-21-13 11:58 PM
    Zed-10's are awesome! Never mind the minor glitches. They will be rectified on updates. I bet blackberry is using crackberry for feedback and will fix most of the glitches before the USA launch.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 12:02 AM
    Its funny how people get so impatient when their new techno-toy doesn't meet up with their expectations when its in its infancy stage. I'm actually surprisingly impressed, even after all the tech announcements and build-up that made me want...nay...need this phone, it wowed.
    The moment it was available in my area, I was all over it like a starving Romero zombie being offered live brains.
    Too many people are so impatient with BB10 when it's not even a month launched. They run into a problem (99% of the time, user error) and they start slamming the new technology being gifted to them. Why does everyone have to have everything right now?
    So many people whining about the lack of available apps and their inability to comprehend this new OS because they're too lazy to research it. People. THE APPS WILL COME...don't be so damn impatient. There is also no reason to get bent out of shape if the new BB10 isn't working right for you...there are a bazillion places you can go to find help. Actual product issues people are having will be rectified in the coming weeks/months. BB10 is new and, as such, will have hiccups as it is more widely released, They'll all get ironed out.

A lot of flak has been generated by airhead iphone user journalists that, for some reason, have a huge hate-on for BB and keep blasting out articles that leave much to be desired over the Z10. These journalists will be eating their words come Q2/3.
    I realize all these words of consolation don't travel too far on a site dedicated to BB love, but I think they need to be said...and spread out to comments sections of Z10 diatribes all over the net.
    Ok...done...I think I need a towel.
    02-22-13 12:15 AM
    Indeed you are right - there is a ways to go for BlackBerry to bring their BB10 platform up to par with other devices in terms of app availability.

One aspect which really is disappointing, however, is the complete lack of offline calendar/contact sync with Outlook or other PIM. If the PlayBook was indicative of that "oversight" (new OS, etc), then it shouldn't come as a surprise. However, this new phone being a communications tool more than anything (and BB10 platform in general), it's a shock that BB hasn't implemented some sort of method of synching calendar entries and contacts or at least some other sort of offline interoperability between the phone and computer. ... yes, people still make use of laptops and computers in general.

Really miffed about that one. I, for one, *do not* want my contacts and calendar entries stored on some company's "cloud" service.

I sincerely hope BlackBerry comes up with some sort of solution to this in future OS updates.
    I'm pretty sure the new Link syncs with Outlook now. Check it out buddy. You will be pleased

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 12:17 AM
    Great thread! Thank you. I'm a month into Crackberry and two weeks into the new Z10. Even though my experience on Crackberry has been fun, it is getting a bit frustrating with such negativity over small things. For so many people who are obviously knowledgeable when it comes to tech, I find it hard to believe they don't realize most complaints will be fixed shortly with one simple update. Everyone knows the Z10 and operating system was just born. If we treaded our own newborns this way, we'd have a lot of dysfunctional grownups on our hands. Plus, half the complaints are things they could of fixed if they just took a few minutes to figure it out. So... have patience. In doing so, we will shortly have a healthy grown up Smartphone on our hands .

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 12:31 AM
    People always suffer from the "Grass is Greener" syndrome. I just watched my friend get upset with his Samsung galaxy SII because it froze and totally crashed. He does have Instagram though...

My Z10 does lots of stuff extremely well, other things very well, and a few things poorly. This is a baby OS and will only get better if everyone can chill out and enjoy the ride. Heck, you'll probably never find a phone company that is more willing to listen to your comments than bbry is right now. Constructive comments may even help shape the future direction if the OS.

Further, new cool apps come each day, so maybe buy one here and there to show app developers BlackBerry people like to spend money

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 01:00 AM
    Excellent post mate. Cheers mate!!!
    To everyone have some patience-3qm2dt.jpg
    02-22-13 01:11 AM
    Interesting. I can sum up the posts in this thread in two words. 'Have patience'. Unfortunately, you can't say that to the mass market. 'Have patience' means things will be worked out soon. But things need to be worked out before millions of people adopt this device.

It's fascinating to hear guys say stuff like 'people who are having problems can go online for solutions'. News flash for you - the vast majority of people aren't forum hounds like you. They aren't going to register at some forum then start slogging through threads to try to find fixes to their issues. They're going to call their carrier and then return the phone.

No one is pulling harder for BBRY than me, and I hate my iPhone, to which I was eventually forced after 7 years with BB (needed consistent bowser). It's just interesting to see people doing the ostrich act and labelling others who point out these myriad little bugs as 'haters'.
    02-22-13 01:13 AM
    I have no real issues with z10. Enjoying my new BlackBerry to the fullest. Whenever I read people with issues with wifi, contact calendar, email, what have you, I always wonder why. Coming fro. BlackBerry 7, z10 is so refreshing and a lot more capable. I found all the apps I need. I wish to have more apps, but not a deal breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 01:26 AM
    they will be a dressing all the issues.

Battery is the only thing I don't like about it the second was whatsapp and I got that ported look at the possibilities and to everyone who is going back to ifone good job let apple run your life and may you all enjoy live under the dictatorship of apple.

P.s I posted all this in one go with my z10 I was a qwerty person and hated touch screen I have used apple and android but BlackBerry typing is no match with them.

Good job blackberry.

Thank you for "a dressing" us with your new BB10 keyboard. The matter at hand is that people are frustrated at BB for not delivering after promising so much and telling everyone they were "perfecting" the operating system. People come to the message boards to seek help, be among fellow enthusiasts and yes, to vent. If people find the "ifone" more of a fit to them than you have NO right to tell them that they are wrong. And no, Apple isn't running anyone's life just as much as BlackBerry isn't running anyone else's life. You CHOOSE which platform fits you best. The negativity on these forums are from:

a) People's devices are not working correctly.
    b) Frustrated that the new BlackBerry does not include all other features of past BlackBerrys. Can you really fault them for expecting the same functionality out of it? People here are fans of Blackberry for a reason and that is the supposed excellence at all the stuff that previous BlackBerrys did. And yes, not everyone visits forums as you or I do. They are frustrated that the company they love, just like you, are not offering the same functionality that made them love the platform so much in the first place. Can you really fault them for expecting excellence as you all say BlackBerry is the epitomy of?

You all are part of a community of enthusiasts who adore BlackBerry and want to share it with those that are not aware of their continued existence or think those that think they are no longer in the game. Be positive. Be welcoming. Do not put down other people for meeting their needs with something other than BlackBerry. The threads you see are of past BlackBerry lovers who found the Z10 lacking. They aren't "trolls" or "iSheep" as you call them but true fans who feel let down by a company who they've been with for a very long time. If BlackBerry truly did put something excellent out then the product will speak for itself and there would be no need for those threads. The fact of the matter is that BB just changed to another OS. The parallels between Apple and BlackBerry are there. BBOS and iOS come from a very long line of iterations and fine tuning. Blackberry has ditched a very fine OS on par-ish with iOS to an OS on par-ish with WP8. Some people here after waiting for so long changed to another phone like the GS3 or the iPhone. Why didn't you go to WP7? Because the functionality wasn't there. WP8 in some areas have even less functionality than WP7 but the people who bought WP8, like me, see potential just like you do. Do not put other people's choice down and certainly don't imply they are somehow less intelligent than you because they chose an operating system that works and has great things despite its age. BBOS was like iOS. It was showing its age and BB decided to move up to the level with Android and iOS, where the consumers were. Blackberrians lost the same functionality that you all waved around proudly. You lost the customizable notifications and BIS and a lot of different other things in the process to get peek and flow. Hardcore BBers are pissed. That, at least, is what I'm getting out of those negative posts. These people are on your side and potential customers of Blackberry and you are calling them "iSheep" and calling them stupid for making a choice that works best for them.
    Deppe, mset and Sim_1 like this.
    02-22-13 01:44 AM
    Thorsten Heinz: "This is not the end, this is just the beginning"

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 04:10 AM
29 12