What's the difference between the two?

It looks the same. I created an evernote account and before I go too far and waste my time, what is the difference between it and the native BlackBerry Remember app.

Both can search and both will accept scans, photos and other stuff.

Think this rookie is missing something and needs help.

Black is best Z10!
    03-05-13 12:10 AM
    Good question, since I don't own a Z10 I am curious to know the answer too. Can I use my existing evernote account and view my existing contents?
    03-05-13 12:17 AM
    evernote information can be accessed from any device, iphone, android, PC , browser
    I have all my information on evernote and have switched many devices with all the info intact.

Correct me if im wrong, this does not apply to Remember app
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-05-13 12:19 AM
    Hmmm on the Z10 the layout looks the same.

I think the difference may be (and I'm not sure that is why I am asking) evernote backs it up in cloud where as remember is on the handheld. Also you can't share info on remember.

But there is one noted advantage of remember. If I flag and email, it goes to remember. I can't send emails to evernote at least I don't think you can.

Black is best Z10!
    03-05-13 12:31 AM
    Also my other concern is what happens if evernote ever shuts down? Then all your data is lost forever. If it's synced on your PC then it's still there.

But then the same can be said about losing your computer and or phone

AaaahHhhh the decisions

Black is best Z10!
    03-05-13 12:33 AM
    Will I be able to see my existing evernote notes in remember app like the PB app? If no, then Evernote needs to bring a BB10 native app soon!
    03-05-13 01:03 AM
    Evernote is integrated in Remember so no problem there :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 01:49 AM
    I've been disappointed with the Remember app so far, it's only able to handle any Evernote notes that are just basic text, so in my case it only synced a couple folders and about 1/100th of my Evernote notes to my Z10. Hopefully it will be upgraded soon to allow for the full Evernote experience, and hopefully Evernote will also soon port over all the functionality of their Android apps at least. Evernote integration was one of the factors that originally drew my interest in the Z10, but currently (and of course it's early yet) it doesn't live up to expectations.
    03-05-13 11:58 AM
    Evernote integration is just fine. My notes are there. They sync with the desktop version. It's okay. It's all I need. I use it for a list of notes. I have a list of notes on the phone. Good enough.
    03-05-13 02:42 PM
    REMEMBER only does basic text, where as EVERNOTE can do highlights, advanced text editing, linking and more. I have the evernote android app listed in the link in my signatute. One thing i am scared of is that because it is integrated in REMEMBER there will be no native EVERNOTE app... which sucks.
    03-05-13 02:50 PM
    Ever note is outrageously functional. You can share notes, and collaborate. Add pictures, write, etc.

However, the BB10 native support is limited. I expect it to increase, though!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 03:02 PM
    Yeah, Evernote needs some enhancements, assuming they'll be forthcoming in updates. I don't know if part of the agreement with Evernote is to not have a separate app? I know you can sideload an Android version if you'd like to. Goodereader seems to be the go to place for sideloads on BB10 and Playbook. Here's a link:

Evernote for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Business and Productivity Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps

If you're unfamiliar with sideloading here's some tips, including how to handle Android on BB10:

Making your way around Android apps on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com
    How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Mac Guide) | CrackBerry.com
    03-05-13 03:52 PM
    But there is one noted advantage of remember. If I flag and email, it goes to remember. I can't send emails to evernote at least I don't think you can.
    In case this helps anyone, I found out tonight that I can use

www.ifttt.com

to set up my Gmail so that when I star an email, it is automatically sent to Evernote. This might be a temporary solution for those who are hampered by the 30 day email limit on the Z10. However, this assumes that the Remember app will work in the mix. I am using this system on an Android phone and it's working fine.

I have nothing to do with IFTTT so please do your own research before signing up or allowing any service to access your data. It seems solid to me though.
    Last edited by mset; 04-12-13 at 10:16 PM.
    04-12-13 09:56 PM
    Not really big on the remember app to be honest. I have evernote side loaded and normally just use the memo pad app.

Evernote: need power user opinion. Evernote vs native bbz10 remember.-img_00000188.png

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-12-13 10:02 PM
    I have evernote side loaded and normally just use the memo pad
    Okay, that may be even better for Evernote users if you can reliably side load it.

So you're saying you just copy emails to the memo pad app? You're using that as a sort of email archiving system to get around the 30 day limit?
    04-12-13 10:06 PM
    The memo pad app is just a simple replacement for the notepad app on the z10 if people don't like using the notes in remember.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-14-13 02:37 PM
    I don't have a problem with the Evernote integration in Remember. It seems to work fine. Yes, the web app has more features, such as rich text formatting, but I'd expect that. Personally, my main use for this sort of thing is to be able to write things down in more or less raw form, then fix them up later on a PC. Remember/Evernote works for that just fine.

On my 9900 and Android, I used Upvise's "Notebooks" feature. I have it on the Z10 too; it's an Android port in BBWorld. It works okay, and gives me access to all the notes I created there.

My only problem with Remember is my inability to move items from the local, non-synced folders to the synced Evernote folders. What's strange is that I'm almost certain I was able to do it before (before what?), but the option is gone now.
    04-14-13 03:13 PM
    Evernote is brilliant, I've used it for a couple of years now. As others have said, cloud storage and sync across devices is just so useful. On PC the "Clip to Evernote" add in is really useful similar function on Z10 using "Share".
    My only minor gripe is that it shows notes in date order in Evernote itself, but in Remember they are listed alphabetically (or am I missing something?)

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:37 AM
    On upgrade to BB10 I transferred all my notes & memos into Remember, where they lodged themselves in one folder called Unfiled Entries, then had to laboriously divide them into useful folders. That done, discovered Evernote and possibility of synch between the two. Great! Gives security and convenience of adding a memo when using laptop etc... BUT, you cannot change a non synch folder to a synch folder, it has to be instigated when folder is made. No retrospective changes allowed. With no ability to copy from one folder to another, or even copy notes in the folders from one to the other, I will have to copy by hand all notes from folders into Evernote on my laptop and then into new folders on my BB10 which I will ensure are synch folders. UNLESS someone has a better scheme or Remember make some mods in an upgrade. Feel sure I'm not only one in this boat. There is the potential for this to be a good app but currently very limited. I use One Note on my laptop extensively - wish all would integrate.
    04-15-13 03:22 AM
    Further Remember gripe - not being able to reorder the folders. Would be useful to have the regularly used ones at the top rather than having to scroll down to get at the latest and now most used one!
    04-15-13 03:24 AM
    I have integration with ever note but I am unable to assign tags to ever note. I find this annoying. No way to sort notes

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 04:13 AM