04-28-13 10:19 PM
68 123
tools
    I too have felt like a Blackberry salesperson. I have been using the z10 on T-Mobile USA for over a month now. My first one was an unlocked version which I sold to get the T-Mobile branded one. I have had the restart and freezing issues and I am on my forth unit and I even went as far as to switch back to my iPhone 5 because most all of my clients and friends no longer use Blackberry's and my BBM contact list is now at zero.

But, after only 5 days of switching back to the Apple IOS, I found myself hating the device and I was missing the BB Hub and the swiping features versus the stupid home button for moving around the OS. It was actually hindering my workflow compared to the z10, so I made the final decision to come back to the z10 and I really don't care what devices everyone in my business and social circle are using, their loss, my gain.

I have used this experience to get folks to come on over and try the z10 and so far in the past week alone I have convinced at least 5-6 people to buy the z10 over the Apple and Android devices. I really believe when someone gets a z10 in their hand and uses it as their daily driver for a month and then tries to go back to their previous platform, they will end up as I did, coming back over to the Blackberry world for good. The z10 really is a great device and I have found myself naked without it.

I am going to beat this dead horse hear, but the app issue is a huge and major roadblock for new users coming over to try the Blackberry experience. Forget side-loading apps, using the browser. Dedicated specific apps are how folks get things done here and are the main selling points for any new and/or future device sold here in the USA, like it or not. I not talking about having a miilion apps or anything like that. Just have a few common apps that allow new users to cross over to your product i.e. eBay, Craigslist, banking and financial apps.

Crummy android ports are not the solution and as I discovered by installing the crummy eBay app which drained my battery, had FC's and when I tried to remove it from my z10, I ended up wiping the device??? This is not the kind of experience you want a new user to have that's coming over from a platform with apps that are polished and work. Just my input from my experience over the past month of using the z10 and the feedback I have had from new and former customers.
    jon4400 likes this.
    04-23-13 06:41 AM
    I also feel like a sales rep, partially because I never thought I would ever go and buy a BlackBerry for myself. Blackberries were a necessary evil for work and they were ok but I wasn't crazy about the interface or navigation.

I was a die hard Windows Mobile 6.5 user because it had the best ActiveSync implementation ever, and I was holding out for a phone that got close and had most of my hardware requirements (NFC, removable battery, storage card, etc.).

I was hoping either the iPhone 5S or Samsung ATIV-S (Windows Phone) would fit the bill, and then I lost my old clunker phone. I stumbled on reviews of a Z10 and the more I read the more I was interested. A trip to the AT&T store to play with the device was all it took. I have 0 regrets.

I feel like sharing what I discovered with others because I feel like I almost missed out on the superior choice because of an old and in accurate stigma.

My biggest problem now is trying to get my BlackBerry reps to work with me and get our BES 10.1 deployment up and running in a production manner ASAP. It almost feels like we are pulling teeth to get the information we need and that we are doing them a favor, which is really backwards IMHO.

So a sales rep for the device but not the server component or company support at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 06:48 AM
    Nah if they're already happy with what they've got. If they're looking into something new then yeah.

Posted via Zed10
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    04-23-13 06:59 AM
    Yup, I just sold it on my wife's friend's husband the other day. He was impressed with the Hub and the ease to switch back and forth between app and hub. He also like the flow and it's overall speed. I think once they come down to $99 he said he'd pick one up for sure or hold out for the Q10 with a larger screen pared with physical keyboard.
    Last edited by skelleytech; 04-23-13 at 07:10 AM. Reason: wrong word
    04-23-13 07:09 AM
    Every new BB10 phone should come with a referral code that you give to people who may buy a new bb10 phone. The code then would help you rack up BBPoints that can be used to buy apps or even with enough gained should let you get another phone or accessories that you can't buy in stores. Like those sick sweet white over the ear headphones we've all seen.
    04-23-13 07:56 AM
    I have done this many times, even when I find a neat new feature that I know isn't on my friends phone I will say look what my phone can do lol Most people don't care.

I find that more strangers are asking about the phone than the people I know, which by all means I love to give them a demo or two
    04-23-13 08:11 AM
    yes. I had a guy at a Thomas the Train event with my son approach me and ask me how I like the Z10. He switched to the iPhone 5 and misses his BlackBerry and is eyeing his Q10. He shared his frustrations with how the iPhone and how he's less likely to respond to people and upset with the battery life. My sister noticed me and said... "You really need to go work for that company!" ha. He's ready for the Q10 but was impressed with the Z after our brief time together. This is happening more and more and I'm not bringing it up.
    04-23-13 08:14 AM
    This is sooo me. My sales method usually starts with a run down of Peek, Flow, Hub followed by absurdly fast and accurate typing and then an interesting app or two - File Manager usually raises eyebrows with iOS people, as does universal search.
    04-23-13 08:33 AM
    Yeah!!! Damn, I'm finding people who are more and more like me everyday LOL

In terms of how I "Sell" it, cool lock screen > hub > peek > keyboard > apps and app world

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:36 AM
    YES!!! My wife says I should work for Blackberry. When someone asks me about my phone, she rolls her eyes and says "Oh you had to get him started". Just this morning a customer at work asked what phone I had as he was due for an upgrade. 20 min later I think he might get one. The time shift camera seems to wow everyone.
    04-23-13 08:39 AM
    I send messages with attachments.
    04-23-13 08:41 AM
    "Every new BB10 phone should come with a referral code.. "

would certainly give some traction to "SELL LIKE HELL"
    04-23-13 08:51 AM
    My friends are always telling me I should work for BlackBerry, because of my love for the brand and the device.

I just show anyone who asks the keyboard, time shift, hub, peek and flow. They usually walk away impressed.
    04-23-13 08:54 AM
    Loll! My wife told me to go work for BlackBerry ! And she tells her friends please don't ask about is phone... :-)

Posted via my White Z10
    04-23-13 09:00 AM
    I don't usually do the "sales pitch" for the Z10, but I do try to show my friends its capabilities. I happen to be one of the first person in our company to have the Z10. When our COO saw it, she got one for herself the next day. Too bad that the unit she got suffers from the constant reboot everyone was talking about. Even our Vice Chairman, who is an apple advocate, keeps on asking me how the Z10 is. Of course I keep answering that I'm very happy with it.
    04-23-13 09:05 AM
    Salesman? Most of the time I feel like a defense attorney.
    mlucas3997, jayemmbee and HotFix like this.
    04-23-13 09:22 AM
    Just got back from a sales trip that took me through Colorado and Wyoming. I just might've sold more Z10's than what I actually sell. Pretty sure my not-so-tech-savvy boss got tired of all the demos. Luckily he was pretty light-hearted about it.
    04-23-13 09:34 AM
    Same deal here. But do t sweat it too much, everything is cyclical. Apple will be out one day

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:40 AM
    just came back to Indonesia for a holiday (was quite awkward at immigration when the officer asked when was the last time I came back and if I could even still speak indonesian!! - which I can barely) and I am amazed at what a Bb nation it is!!! Even when I am elsewhere and still holding on to my dear 9700 for its dear life my friends would comment at how Indonesian it is to have a blackberry!

Was still quite pleasantly surprised at how everyone from the top to bottom of the social ladder have a Blackberry though!! And they were giving away free z10s with purchase of apartment buildings, opening of bank accounts etc. quite hilarious.

Most people I know knows about the z10 though they are still using legacy devices but many states they are just waiting for q10! I think the z10 was just right for the Indonesian market too as it offers an alternative to iphones/androids.
    04-23-13 09:46 AM
    That's been me on a few occasions. We recently presented our Sales staff with the option of the iPhone or the Z10. I had to be careful to present a well balanced and accurate representation of each.

A few things I try to do:
    1. Don't take anything personal.
    2. Have a positive attitude and enjoy the experience.
    3. Be honest about the Z10's shortcomings.
    04-23-13 09:50 AM
    My typical response to why not iPhones are just ... I had a mac and I hated it. The only apple product I actually like is my click wheel iPod (since 2008). I just tell people that it is very difficult to use and you can't do many basic things on it, and also that I dont think apple is going anywhere without Steve Jobs. (Not sure if it has changed but I was using my mum's iPhone 4S to try download a ringtone via an email attachment of mp3 file. literally could not download the file at all and I could not figure out how to even do that. Maybe I am just not a user but that should be a simple thing to do).

And I'd also let it known that I find Samsung as a company crude and unclassy. And recently, to mention all the unethical fake reviews they have been paying people to put up too.

That usually shut them up.
    04-23-13 09:52 AM
    I love when i succeed in convincing my peers to get one.
    04-23-13 09:57 AM
    So since having my z10 I feel that everyone should experience it. Although many have moved onto Apple and Android, I feel like someone has to show them the way .

Anyway, I went to a celebration on the weekend 80- 100 people. Saw a lot of old friends, some who used to have blackberries, and nearly everyone had iphones. I said "What happened to your Blackberry? " One response was," I got a real phone now ". Most people seemed content with what they have, however because I am a huge fan of my Z10, I felt like I had to convince others how great the new 10 phones are. Nobody seemed to care though! Haha. Also made me feel like I had to force them to just look at this phone. Didn't want to be one of those people who says "Look what I got ", but feel like so many people have just lost interest in BB. Im sure many of you have seen this before, but I thought I should be the one to sell this bad boy!! Word of mouth right?!

I really don't know why I care, but as a Canadian it pains me to see so many Apple users!
    Anyone else feel like you have to convince friends and family that Blackberry is back? And if you do....let's sell some Z10 s!!

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    A few months after I got my Bold 9930, a co-worker noticed it on my desk and ask tounge in cheek, "Wow! I didn't know they even still made BlackBerry's" this whole shift to iPhones and androids from BlackBerrys lay on RIM's own overconfidence, lack of respect for the average consumer and just doing minor upgrades while other companies where innovating. BlackBerry, you dug your own grave, and the Z10 will NOT save your sorry asses in the US market.
    04-23-13 09:59 AM
    I tired, but then i was asked to show them spotify and GG
    04-23-13 10:16 AM
    Most people that see my Z10 don't know what it is and are immediately impressed. I got a "What iPhone is that?" today....and a "Whoa sweet device"

The app gap is WAY over stated. I'm shocked how good some of the mobile sites are which function every bit as good as their app equivilant.
    04-23-13 10:20 AM
68 123