I have some qt_temp files I'm trying to delete but unable to. When I try to delete it I get a message saying error deleting qt_temp.######. Bunch of numbers at the end and have like 5 files I'm trying to delete. Each one gives that error message? Any ideas? I tried rebooting then deleting but I get the same thing. Thanks
    03-11-14 07:13 PM
    I have some qt_temp files I'm trying to delete but unable to. When I try to delete it I get a message saying error deleting qt_temp.######. Bunch of numbers at the end and have like 5 files I'm trying to delete. Each one gives that error message? Any ideas? I tried rebooting then deleting but I get the same thing. Thanks

If you are using the native file manager you may want to try something like Ghost Commander. The native file manager hides a lot of things in the filesystem.

That said, files can be protected with ACLs or be located in folders with no delete privileges to regular users.
    kwenie, mflane and vjfratiani like this.
    03-11-14 07:28 PM
    If you are using the native file manager you may want to try something like Ghost Commander. The native file manager hides a lot of things in the filesystem.

That said, files can be protected with ACLs or be located in folders with no delete privileges to regular users.
    Thanks for the tip. The ghost commander did the trick. Now to figure out how I got them. Thanks again
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-11-14 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the tip. The ghost commander did the trick. Now to figure out how I got them. Thanks again

Files with names like "qt_temp" sound like temporary files left behind from some app that uses the QT UI framework.
    03-11-14 07:37 PM