When ever I tap videos I get the error message can't access media files...anyone else had this problem? any help...battery pulled a thousand times and restart via top button. help!!!??

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 09:55 PM
    Check to make SURE you micro sd is properly seated in the holder.
    02-11-13 10:38 PM
    I tried that too...I can access videos from file manager and play...just not when I tap videos on homescreen....they won't play on my Samsung smart tv either. Pics and music work just not videos...maybe I go see Rogers staff for help...fustrating...thanks. Any other suggestions?

02-12-13 07:09 AM
    I tried that too...I can access videos from file manager and play...just not when I tap videos on homescreen....they won't play on my Samsung smart tv either. Pics and music work just not videos...maybe I go see Rogers staff for help...fustrating...thanks. Any other suggestions?
    1. Welcome to CrackBerry. Congrats on purchasing a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

2. You no longer need to do battery pulls. You can no perform a full reboot of the OS by pressing and holding the Power button (at the top of the device) and then tapping on "Restart."

3. Where did these video files come from? Are you sure they're of a supported format? See the Multimedia section at: BlackBerry Z10 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry 10 Smartphone - US
    02-12-13 07:15 AM
    Some videos came from torch 9810. And some I shot here on the z10.?????? So confused...lol

02-12-13 07:24 AM
    I had this problem with my Z10 opening the camera for the first time. Only way to fix was to do a wipe.

02-12-13 07:28 AM
    Aw crap...can I save to protect and take out sd card so I don't lose information? Thanks for all the help you guys rock!

02-12-13 07:51 AM
    Aw crap...can I save to protect and take out sd card so I don't lose information? Thanks for all the help you guys rock!

Can't save to Protect but can backup in BlackBerry Link. Yes, you can take out the SD card.

02-12-13 07:59 AM
    Thanks so much...will try that today and let u now of it works!! thank god for crackberry!!!!!!

02-12-13 09:57 AM
    Dude... Battery pull is useless for bb10
    02-12-13 10:02 AM
    Thanks so much...will try that today and let u now of it works!! thank god for crackberry!!!!!!

Make sure you have a full battery before you wipe or you may end up soft-bricking your device and will need to do a software reload (mot a big deal but inconvenient) .

02-12-13 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the help...wiped successfully :-)

02-13-13 05:53 PM
    Oh and problem fixed!!!!

02-13-13 05:55 PM
    I've got more or less the same problem, when I tap on the picture, video or music icon, a message pops up saying "Error: the media library cant be accessed. Please try again later or restart your device if the problem persists." I've done everything I could, it's been day 3 with this problem... any help on that? will be appreciated.
    01-07-14 09:20 AM
    I've got more or less the same problem, when I tap on the picture, video or music icon, a message pops up saying "Error: the media library cant be accessed. Please try again later or restart your device if the problem persists." I've done everything I could, it's been day 3 with this problem... any help on that? will be appreciated.
    Just some things to consider: where are your media files? Sdcard or internal memory? You have rebooted?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    01-07-14 10:28 AM