I recently purchased a z10 from a guy. When i went to buy it he had the engineering screen open and looked like he was messing around with it. He told me any changes would be reset after a security wipe. After doing the wipe I have no data (everything in my basic settings is correct and data is turned on). Thinking that the escreen would be far less sophisticated I got onto it and was looking around. I guess in the process i changed something because now my blackberry world won't open. Reloading the device software doesn't work. Is there a way to reset the escreen setting back to default. Or is there someplace that has pictures of what they should be? If anyone knows what they are supposed to be and wants me to send screen shots of it I can do that.
    08-13-14 10:04 AM
    I'd also be interested in this

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:09 AM
    I _THINK_ that any changes made in the Engineering Screen prevail and a wipe or OS reload or whatever will NOT restore the Defaults.

Again, I _THINK_ that you will have to re-enter the Screen and MANUALLY change things back.

So, yes, it would help if someone knew the DEFAULT values. I always have trouble getting into that screen. I'm not sure if Screen Shots work while in it.

Hopefully, someone will be able to get in and maybe take either screen shots or camera shots, although there may be a wide variety of sub-screens?????

(this will bump the thread to the top for a while)
    08-13-14 11:01 AM
    screen shots do work andunfortunately yes there are a LOT of sub screens
    08-13-14 12:05 PM
    If anyone knows about a few settings that might be the problem that I could check that would be great!
    08-13-14 12:08 PM