BlackBerry Z10 review
    BlackBerry's BlackBerry Z10 is genuinely a pretty nice phone. Performance, helped by the lightweight QNX-based OS, is more than acceptable. The form factor offers you plenty of screen size in a device that may not feel luxurious, but does at least seem durable. And, bucking the trend, the battery is removable. Camera performance is adequate in most cases and overall there's really a lot to like.

But, tragically, there's really nothing to love. Nothing in the Z10 stands out as class-leading and, while the BB10 OS does have a lot of charm and brings all the best productivity-focused attributes of BlackBerry to bear in a much more modern package, the app selection is poor and the gestures here aren't so good that they make up for that major shortcoming. Will more and better apps come with time? Absolutely, but after waiting this long (and then making Americans wait another month yet) BlackBerry really needed to make a huge impact out of the gate. Unfortunately, it hasn't.
    Lets hope we see some more postive reviews..
    01-30-13 11:02 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 review

Lets hope we see some more postive reviews..
    This is NOT what BB needed. They are going to be hined and quartered for what just happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-30-13 11:05 AM
    it was a poor presentation they just showed the phone didn't talk about the core of the platform they didn't talk about hhow they plan on taking bb10 into different aspects of life, it was just simple a boring unveiling
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    01-30-13 11:12 AM
    I'm kind of shocked they're not using Gorilla Glass for the screen. I'm not sure what they are using, but I sure hope it's NOTHING like the plasticy stuff they used on the Torch..
    01-30-13 11:13 AM
    if its liek what they have on the 9900 then i like it its solid and takes a beating
    Villain likes this.
    01-30-13 11:23 AM
    Engadget are missing the point. The BB10 wasn't supposed to set the mobile world on fire. It was designed to take RIM/BlackBerry forward and offer consumers & businesses a powerful alternative to the iOS/Android juggernaut. I was especially impressed with the potential of QNX and the design of the Z10 overall.
    CrownIsle and omniusovermind like this.
    01-30-13 11:29 AM
    I was underwhelmed as well. And the non-Crackberry reviews are pretty consistent: decent first effort, somewhat inconsistent results, needs a lot of polish.
    01-30-13 11:29 AM
    After all this time it really should have been a simultaneous global launch. Big misstep. By mid March S4 news will be flurrying and people that where thinking of switching will wait.

01-30-13 11:30 AM
    review is right, they needed to bring something new besides what was leaked already. There isn't anything wrong with the phones but they didn't take it to the next level.
    01-30-13 11:37 AM
    Another review. This is not looking good so far.

01-30-13 11:39 AM
    review is right, they needed to bring something new besides what was leaked already. There isn't anything wrong with the phones but they didn't take it to the next level.
    The problem is that Blackberry is not at fault here. People are the reason why the leaked images & Videos came out. If it was not for that, then i am SURE the announcement would have been better. They brought out a Mobile OS which does not need a home button or anything like that. They made a OS from scratch & up. The phone looks amazing & if people fail to see this, that is their own fault.

All the gimmicks that Samsung, Apple, LG & Motorola role out, are just there to gain people to believe it. 1080p screen? No need for it at the moment. Quad-core? No one needs it as its a gimmic & barely even good enough.
    01-30-13 11:41 AM
    The problem is that Blackberry is not at fault here. People are the reason why the leaked images & Videos came out. If it was not for that, then i am SURE the announcement would have been better. They brought out a Mobile OS which does not need a home button or anything like that. They made a OS from scratch & up. The phone looks amazing & if people fail to see this, that is their own fault.

All the gimmicks that Samsung, Apple, LG & Motorola role out, are just there to gain people to believe it. 1080p screen? No need for it at the moment. Quad-core? No one needs it as its a gimmic & barely even good enough.
    If gimmicks are what it takes to sell mobile devices and stay in business.... BB better start finding some!
    01-30-13 11:46 AM
    If gimmicks are what it takes to sell mobile devices and stay in business.... BB better start finding some!
    Yes but they do not need to put a Quad-core / 1080p screen on a phone. Those are dumb enough gimmicks to get the fanboys to show off. That is what it is. Blackberry came out with great things. It should be at least said
    01-30-13 11:47 AM
    Another review. This is not looking good so far.

he said it is very good device

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-30-13 11:50 AM
    You do have to remember that most all general public has not seen the leaks so everything is new to them. BUT all the tech sites and us on CB have. If a general public go a to a tech site and see a meh review that will be the perception.
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    01-30-13 11:52 AM
    I'm kind of shocked they're not using Gorilla Glass for the screen. I'm not sure what they are using, but I sure hope it's NOTHING like the plasticy stuff they used on the Torch..
    It's like the screen on the Lumina, where you can use it with gloves on. To me that's far more important that being able to let it galavant around buck naked.
    01-30-13 11:59 AM
    This is BlackBerry's own fault for demonstrating the OS to everybody and their dog on their world tours. If they had saved those demos for todays announcement many would have been wowed.

I like the look of the phone especially the white model but even I must say that the gestures are quite confusing and it is really, really sad that of the 70000 apps only about 1000 are native not to mention that some are just PlayBook ports which will most likely look and feel hideous.

Granted it takes a very long time to get an OS consumer ready but if this is the type of developer support they've garnered after nearly 2 years then whoever is in charge needs to be fired immediately. This has the feeling of being rushed again... A lot of polish needed.
    01-30-13 12:04 PM
    I was never a fan of allowing Android apps, and I was really suspicious about the "19000 apps ported", etc. (it's not trivial to adapt an app to a different form-factor, let alone a different OS).
    01-30-13 12:10 PM
    I was never a fan of allowing Android apps, and I was really suspicious about the "19000 apps ported", etc. (it's not trivial to adapt an app to a different form-factor, let alone a different OS).
    I just saw a video review today saying that the android apps are not even running in the latest android environment...they're running in the android 2.* environment. That's ridiculous

01-30-13 12:16 PM
    You do have to remember that most all general public has not seen the leaks so everything is new to them. BUT all the tech sites and us on CB have. If a general public go a to a tech site and see a meh review that will be the perseption.
    I fully agree here and I posted an almost identical post in a different thread. We've already passed the hype stage, but for others it didn't even begin.
    01-30-13 12:19 PM
    The problem is that Blackberry is not at fault here.
    Yes they are. The US carriers won't be ready until March? BB should have been in constant contact with the US carriers, known when they could be ready with the devices, and held off announcing the launch event until it coincide with an IMMEDIATE release of their phone.

Stuff leaked so they had nothing new to say at today's launch? That would have been a whole lot less of a problem if they'd dotted their i's and crossed their t's with respect to above, which they didn't do.

I'll get a Z10, but the company is ******* incompetent, bottom line.
    01-30-13 03:56 PM
    Yes they are. The US carriers won't be ready until March? BB should have been in constant contact with the US carriers, known when they could be ready with the devices, and held off announcing the launch event until it coincide with an IMMEDIATE release of their phone.
    I'm sorry, but you want the rest of the world to wait just because the American carriers take forever to launch phones?
    Or you believe that the american carriers should've had earlier access to the phones, when RIM had brought it out months ago? Never mind the fact the phones would've been such early builds that testing would be useless?
    01-30-13 04:03 PM
    Let's compare everything to the iPhone and Android and say how much we want something different than the iPhone and Android, and then whine when they aren't the same as the iPhone and Android. Sounds like a solid practice.
    .pinkberry and Plazmic Flame like this.
    01-30-13 04:15 PM
    The perception of BlackBerry has everything to do with how it fares in the USA. I don't like to be jingoistic, but it's just reality.

If you're late to the US... you're late. That's the do-or-die free market for you. You don't suppose this **** would be acceptable to Apple, or Samsung?
    01-30-13 04:19 PM
    and seeing there seems to be a fair amount of Reviews coming out even before the general public as yet touch them or see them, brings to mind that the tech reviews seem to be on a dummy Z10 or a Alpha like device..
    01-30-13 04:25 PM
48 12